Monday, December 5, 2016

Monday's Weekend Recap....


Saturday!! Finally!! We slept in and after breakfast, I got started with the inside Christmas decorating. I was happy to not rush and took some photos as I pulled things out of the storage tubs....more than you really want to see, but here goes....

 Our front doors....

 Jesus is the reason!

 Merry Christmas!

 The star shower lights don't show up so well in a photo, but we like them!

The front doors also have a lighted garland around them.

Our skinny little pencil tree works for us!

A quilted Nativity that I got at a yard sale years ago.

 Ornaments hanging from the light in the living room.

 My BFF Elaine made this ceramic Frosty (music box) years and years ago.
The crocheted tree was made by my mom, also years ago.

 Madonna and Child.

 BFF Elaine also made this wall hanging for me. She hooks rugs and is quite talented.

 I love this Santa and hang him from a doorknob somewhere in the house each year.

 This is where we put our Christmas cards.  The Angel holds photos that come in cards.

 Our cats' stockings.

 Joe's and my stockings.  My mom made the Angel leaning against the wall.

 Books on the coffee table.

 Also on the coffee table,

A favorite ornament,

 We got this one in the Vatican Gift Shop.

 I have lots of cat ornaments on the tree.

 This one has Joe's mom's name on it.

 This one has my folks' names on it.

This year's Museum ornament.

Madonna and Child, also from the Vatican.

 This strawberry is older than me and was always on my family's tree.

 This is a catfish!  LOL

 A frog Angel!

 Every Florida tree should have a pink flamingo!

 Granddaughter Lauren.

 Every time a bell rings, an Angel gets his wings.  This one is old too.

 We always hide a pickle on the tree.  Do you?

 Grandson Tristan

My friend, Shirley, made this one for me.

Sunday we slept in and I made pancakes, eggs and bacon for our breakfast.  We read the Sunday paper with our coffee, then got ready to run errands. Grocery shopping to Publix and Sam's Club.  I put a pot roast in the crockpot for our dinner and got the laundry done.  I also finished our Christmas cards so they can go in the mail this week. It was a productive weekend - felt really good!

So, happy Monday and thank you for your visit!  Peace & hugs.


17 comments:

  1. A pickle???? nooooooo....I do like that though...smiles. You know Terri, there is just something wrong with Christmas decorations when its 70-80*, giggling and smiling.

    Have a beautiful day friend and thank you for sharing. (ieieieie Christmas cards....maybe next week when I am done with classes.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.whychristmas.com/customs/christmaspickle.shtml

      Delete
  2. Terri, your front doors are GORGEOUS! I love that color...do you happen to know what paint color it is? And your sign reminding everyone that Jesus is the REASON is great. I am reading through Isaiah this advent season and I am also receiving Bishop Barron's Advent Devotions. I just love him and his perspective on Advent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is Sherwin Williams brand, but don't remember the name of the color. We had our house painted earlier in the year and the trim is all that color, with the walls in a much lighter green.

      Delete
  3. I love all your decorations. Your cat-fish is adorable. My hubby put the tree up but we haven't decorated it yet.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was not more than I wanted to see! I enjoyed every single picture! The color of your front door is beautiful! It seems just right for Christmas decorations. :) I hide a pickle on the tree, too. I haven't put it up yet but I will in the next couple of days. I like to wait until they forget about it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved all your Christmas ornaments, so special with happy memories! And the cats stockings made me smile!! Love our fur babies! I have never heard of putting a pickle on the tree, I'm going to open the link your shared and see what that's all about. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed seeing your ornaments and hearing the meaning behind each one. We have the same around here....things that bring back special memories. Glad your weekend was fairly quiet and restful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ornaments hanging from the lights!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Borrowed that idea from a blogging friend!!

      Delete
  8. Very pretty! It's fun to put out stockings for the pets too, isn't it. You've done well. Now I want some of those shower lights. So much easier than strings. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your entry doors are stunning, Terri! I'd totally forgotten, my parents also had a 'strawberry' ornament. Sadly, the family's collection of ornaments was lost somewhere along the way.
    Aren't those hand-made decorations, crafted by those we love, priceless?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I love the pink flamingo : ) And I like the pencil trees too. Hubs wants a ginormous tree next year (didn't have it in us to hunt one down this year), but I don't like to feel crowded. Maybe a super tall skinny one would work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your decorations Terri. I'm looking forward next year to getting a special bauble for our first Grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so nice! I love seeing your tree and all the special ornaments. The best ones are the ones that bring back those old memories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somehow I missed this post. I love all your ornaments that have sweet memories attached to them. And, I REALLY like those double front doors. Pretty decorations and lights! I'm gonna try to get some pics of mine for our FFF....but no promises. Man, where do the days go?!? ;-)

    ReplyDelete