1. Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Task oriented, I think. Elaborate. I do fine in a crowd of people I know, but not so good if most people are strangers. I'm not "that party person" who can work the crowd....that would be Joe. I'm the one in the corner watching people. Give me a task to complete and you can consider it done.
2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day...do you own/wear pearls? Not real ones, but two or three strands of fake pearls. Everyone share a 'pearl of wisdom' with us here today. You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why - Santa Claus is coming to town!!
3. Speaking of pearls...oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? NOT a fan. Blecht! If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little? I have tried them a couple of ways and will never put one in my mouth ever again. Same for snails (escargot).
4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016? My dear friend, Melanie, who is battling cancer and keeping her faith. Lanie used to blog on Multiply but she is just on Facebook now. Some of my old Multiply blogging friends here may remember her, and we have met in person. She is in remission right now after a rigorous battle for months with chemo and radiation. Anyone fighting cancer should be a man or woman of the year, but Lanie has been amazing in her positive attitude and faith in God. She unselfishly has shared her journey on FB and I know has helped other readers see that you can cope and endure! Love you, Lanie!! (she gets my blog my email) I nominate you!!
5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it's a vibrant green aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Green is always my first favorite color, so I love it! Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? I don't know that it matches exactly, but our house is two-tones of green, the master bathroom is a light green and I do have a few green tops hanging in my closet. Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Most likely. It's a favorite. Click here to see the color. I found it on-line.....
6. Today I've had too much Ghiradelli peppermint bark! Should never have filled the candy dish on my desk....
7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you
Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God.
(That last line about kissing the face of God is so profound. Gives me goosebumps.)
8. Insert your own random thought here. Where has this year, 2016, gone? Oh my gosh.
My pearls sit in blue box in a safe...a few precious things that my husband spent handsomely on. He is constantly on me about not wearing them as they have to be worn (he says). Hey, look, I'm no June Cleaver (rolling giggles).
ReplyDeleteThanks for the smiles and I enjoyed your HP.
That last line about kissing the face of God always gets me too.
ReplyDeleteInteresting hodge podge today. I do not like oysters either and yes, I have tried them. Yuck!
ReplyDeleteI like the color green, but not that particular shade. So guess my home and wardrobe will stay the same.
My husband bought me cultured pearls. I usually don't wear pearls, but I have started to and I really like them. Pearls need to be worn to keep their luster, so I'm doing my part.
Filling the candy jar on my desk at school was always a mistake. But the other teachers LOVED it. LOL Green is Molly's favorite color so I imagine she will love the color of the year. Green is tied with blue for my second favorite color. Red has held the #1 spot since I was 3 years old. :) Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteThat line about kissing the face of God always gives me pause. Such an incredible thought, isn't it. I hope your friend continues in remission.
ReplyDeleteI love that green as well Terri. I use it as an accent color in my kitchen so I am on trend...for once!lol
ReplyDeleteOne of our bathrooms is green. It reminds me of green mint choc chip ice cream color. I think of ice cream every time I go in there. lol
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Loved you pearl of wisdom, gave me a chuckle! AND...I love that song!! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteOur house is a Peach color with Hunter Green trim. It looks very vibrant in the woods. Our living room is dark green with white trim and so forth. Yeah, I like green too.
ReplyDeleteI have fake pearls. Never could afford the real kind. I think they look so elegant. ~:)
I chose the same song! Love it. Pentatonix has a version of it and its beautiful! Green is my favorite color and I like this shade. Not a fan of pearls though!
ReplyDeleteKudos to you for nominating your friend, who's battling cancer,for Woman of the Year.
ReplyDeleteYour choice of favorite lyrics is great. I didn't even think of that song, but I really love it!
Kathy (Reflections)
I love that christmas song and it makes me cry to think about kissing the face of God!! I laughed out loud over your pearl of wisdom!
ReplyDeleteSo true - your random thought! The year has gone way too quickly! Love your Christmas song pick! xo
ReplyDeleteHubby and I fit the same description for #1 - he finds making conversation with strangers easy. I dread going to function where I don't know anyone and like you I'd sooner get stuck into a task. Good to hear your friend is in remission. Dealing with cancer is so hard. Poppy has just celebrated her first birthday and is now crawling. We're gradually building up that generation of the family. We have 8 great nieces and nephews so far, another great niece due in January and our first Grandson is due in June. It's hard to keep track!
ReplyDeleteThat shade of green is my favorite color lately...My bedroom curtains are that color, and most of my bathroom towels. It makes me feel like I'm bringing the outdoors inside! My pearl (cultured) necklace was a gift from my hubby on our first Christmas. I wore it for years, and the clasp is now broken and I can't wear it...I need to have it fixed. I'm people/task oriented...bossy. LOL. Yes, cancer victims/survivors/family members should be persons of the year. We lost our son to cancer 2 1/2 yrs. ago. He fought valiantly. Love the song Mary did you know? Yes, one of my all time favorites. This was fun. I like when you do this. Thanks.
ReplyDelete#1? I'm totally your clone! Years ago I desperately tried to fit in with those who made effortless, witty conversation. Awkward, party of one.
ReplyDeleteLOVE what you've written about cancer soldiers being Persons of the Year!
As usual, my answers would almost perfectly match yours, especially #1!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that color of green!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, that song, especially that line, is indeed profound. To think what Mary experienced so our Savior could come and be among us!!!
I can easily "work a room" of strangers, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood. Dick is ALWAYS in the mood. He drives me crazy - every person he walks by is a potential conversation.
I think Panetone's "greenery" color could be very well utilized in Florida homes like yours, as you said. Around here in a Colorado winter, not so much.
ReplyDeleteLoved your answers. Hooray for your friend fighting cancer!!!
Hi Terri, Have you listened to the Pentatonics version of "Mary Did You Know"? It is beautiful and worth a search if you haven't heard it yet. MMMMM...peppermint bark....I could us some right now, I've been craving something chocolate and pepperminty for days! Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA
Nice tribute to your friend Melanie. I hope that she continues to moved towards better health. Cancer can be such an insidious and vicious disease. Thank you for your visit and for you kind comments. See you next Wednesday.
ReplyDelete