Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday Warpath Update....


Well, I've been holding off on my update to make sure the home health folks showed up.  They did!!




No warpath was necessary (at least yet!).  They called late yesterday afternoon to say they would be there between 2:00 and 3:00 today.  A nurse did show up and took Joe's vitals, etc.  She is recommending occupational, speech and physical therapy that could even start this weekend, but for sure on Monday.  Hallelujah!!

Interim Healthcare.

Our day today went very much like yesterday and all is well.  The thickener (Simply Thick) I ordered came today, so we now have plenty to use for his water, Propel and Ginger Ale.  One of my co-workers and our friend (the techie guy) is bringing cheese pizza to the house tonight.  No meat for us on Fridays during lent but we do enjoy our meatless pizza on Fridays (if we don't go to the fish fry).  Nice of Gregory to offer and the visit will be fun.

I am not good at accepting generosity from people.  Several people have offered to bring meals to us and I always thank them, but say I am not the sick one. I can still cook.  But I think our friends just want to do something and making food is something they can do. I need to allow them to help. I need to work on that. I think it may look like I'm not grateful or that I'm pushing them away and that isn't the case. Definitely need to work on it.

Still playing catch up at work, but made good headway yesterday and today.  I am ready for the weekend to be here!!

Thanks again for all the prayers and good thoughts!  They mean more than you could know!

Peace & hugs for all!

11 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't have to put on your war paint today! Yes, accept help. It's a blessing for them as much as for you! Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay and hallelujah with you! I understand what you are saying. When I'm the one who is sick, I'm fine with meals brought in. But if it is Jay, I can still cook. Although when you have a lot going on with taking care of them, maybe you should give in and let your friends be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way Terri. Always have trouble taking help. But, I am getting ready better because it is a way for others to bless us. Enjoy your pizza and weekend! Glad things are moving along for you and Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terri, I have caught up on your past post on your husband's stroke. I will keep him on prayer. Glad you know what do to and he is getting the help he needs. I am a friend of Melanie and you have a nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things are definitely looking up....so happy. I am the same way Terri, it isnt I dont appreciate help, but some way it will get done. Friends and family are appreciated. Hope you can rest and relax a little this weekend. sending love and hugs to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the home health people showed up!
    I think it's often more difficult to accept help than to give it. I have a hard time with that too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you didn't have to get upset and they finally followed through. Mr. Joe is very blessed to have you as his caregiver. I'm the same way about accepting other's offers...but I've been told that robs them of a blessing...ouch. Hope you have a great weekend...get some rest yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the same way Terri....it is hard to accept help or kindness (whatever it is called).

    Keeping you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad things are moving along with Joe. Very nice of your friend to bring over pizza. I find it hard to accept help too. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad to see that the home health care scene is working out. You have had quite a week since this all began with the stroke. The Lord has really blessed and your attitude is great. As for accepting food from others, yes, that's kinda hard but you got it right when you said people just want to do SOMETHING to be helpful because they love you. I'd bring you something, too, but the commute is too far!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you've seen movement in the right direction. Some people have the gift of encouragement, let yourself be blessed : )

    ReplyDelete