Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A Hodgepodge Full of SPRINGS....


Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 213

Welcome to the weekly Wednesday fun here on this side of the pond. Our hostess, Joyce, posts the questions on Tuesday, you answer, then hop back to her on Wednesday to share answers with all your friends and neighbors.


1. Share a favorite song, book, or movie title containing the word green?



Well, this one sure dates me....but I have always liked it and know most of the words! LOL 

2. Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying, 'Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.' Would you agree? Are you a believer in luck?

Yes, I agree.  I do, however, believe some people are just "lucky" - but I'm not one of them.  I rarely win anything.  Cause and effect could just boil down to "luck"....who really knows?


3. Spring water, Hot Springs, handspring, spring fling, spring break, spring fever, offspring...which 'spring' word best applies to something in your day, week, or life right now?

Probably "offspring" since we just spent the weekend with our grandson, our oldest son just celebrated his wedding anniversary (yesterday) and our youngest is going to be able to join us for our July beach family reunion/vacation!  Lots of stuff going on with the kids right now!

4. What's something you do to make yourself look or feel more confident?

Gosh, I haven't a clue.  I try to look professional at work.  I put on a smile.  I feel good about myself.  I rarely (these days) have trouble with feeling confident. I'm old!! I've been around the block a couple of times.  LOL

5.  It's National Celery Month...are you a fan? If so, what's a snack or dish you enjoy that calls for celery?


I do like celery and can just eat it plain. I also like it with creme cheese or ranch dressing.  Just chomp away at it.  You MUST put celery in stuffing. It also enhances vegetable soup, egg salad and tuna salad.  It can be bitter, though, and that gets tossed in the garbage!


6. What's one thing you wish you'd learned sooner?


Oh my, there are lots of things I wish I had learned sooner, but I also believe everything happens as it is supposed to.

7. Would you like to own a second home? If so where would you want that home to be?


I would love to have a condo on the beach, and a cabin in the mountains, and a home in the Tuscan region of Italy.  Pick one or pick them all!  It's why I keep buying lotto tickets.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Does anyone ever really have a random thought?  Pick a subject, I guess.  Coffee.  I like my coffee black and don't care for the flavored kinds.  I also don't like it so hot it burns my tongue.  Most days, I finish a cup that is cold, or barely warm, and that is just fine too.  I occasionally will "doctor" my coffee with half n' half and stevia or Splenda, but again, not with flavored creams.  How do you like your coffee?  (I can drink tea, but am not a huge fan.)

Thank you, Joyce, for another fun Hodgepodge.  You always make us think!!  I thank you for stopping by today, and for your comments!!  Happy hump day!!  Peace & love.


16 comments:

  1. The only 'doctored' coffee I like is Irish coffee. It must taste like coffee and not pumpkin spice or whatever. I do often take milk in my coffee but never sugar or sweetener. And for me, it's spring break that I'm looking forward to, and we're springing forward on the 28th, which I'm not looking forward to. Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Caramel Crème Creamer with my coffee. Great answers and yep, one must put celery in dressing/stuffing. (wink)--Have a great Wednesday!!! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use celery or celery seed in lots of dishes. And I love celery with peanut butter. Actually, celery is a rather romantic smell for me, hahaha! Dick's family were celery farmers, and when I first met him he often smell a bit like celery!

    As for coffee, I do not like sweetener, but I do put skim milk in mine. And I LOVE hazelnut flavored coffee. I regularly mix Dunkin Donuts Hazelnut with Starbucks Breakfast Blend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like celery with peanut butter or cream cheese and in my chicken or tuna salad.

    I don't drink coffee. My parents didn't drink it so I didn't grow up with it. I do drink tea. Usually with just a smidge of sugar in it.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog background!

    I have never learned to like coffee, my husband however loves it. Currently he is working his way through all the flavors that the Boston's Best brand offers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My coffee must be hot, unless I'm having it iced. No middle ground : ) I remember Green Tambourine. We had that one on a 45...remember those? Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give me a cabin in the mountains and I'll be one HAPPY camper! I agree...putting a smile on your face can make you feel more confident...and friendly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, 'date' me, as well, 'cause I remember Green Tambourine, too! It's not quite as old as the song I chose :)
    I don't drink coffee at all. Can't stand the stuff, hot or cold. I like iced tea, but just drink water most of the time, these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love coffee too, i don't like it super hot either! My dad always has to have it super hot, crazy i think! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been a coffee drinker!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want that cabin in the woods close to you and Joe, we can could have a cup of coffee on the deck and enjoy those beautiful mountains...lol. I want the condo on the beach for my kids and their families...lol You know I have to have that coffee, every morning and even in winter, sometime in the afternoon. I dont drink the flavored kind, but do add equal and powdered cream. Hope you have a nice afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember that song, haven't heard it in years! Yes celery is definitely great in tuna salad and I like it with PB. Your right, I've always wanted a home in the mountains plus one at the beach but now I'm adding a place in Tuscan too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish i would have learned to say NO earlier - to my children - and make them tougher.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The graphic you have in the right-hand column about making the decision to change. That is very good and the truth is HUGE! I don't believe in luck, but I do believe life can make a turn for the better when people make that decision to change. Often that's what it takes.

    Enjoyed your Hodgepodge today. I didn't join in because I've been out of town (not too terribly far from you, as a matter of fact), visiting our newest grandchild in Orlando. Thought about you several times. If we had more time, I would have asked you about the museum where you work and visited. We are home now. Just flew in today at noon. Only gone 5 days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Green Tambourine...I haven't heard that song in years. Good pick! Thank you for visiting my blog page and leaving a comment. I couldn't agree more with your comments re: cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your smiling face in your pics tell me that you are a cheerful and confident person.
    I had celery just today in my tuna salad. And, on the topic of coffee, I was sad to hear that Coffeemate in my coffee is not good for me. It just won't be the same without it.

    ReplyDelete