Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It's a frog-eatin' Hodgepodge!!


Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 205

Here are this week's questions to the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer on your own blog, then hop back here tomorrow to share answers with the rest of the Internet. Happy Tuesday!


1. American Idol is back for a 14th season. Are you watching? Have you ever watched? If you were to audition for the show (or were made to audition), what song would you sing?  No, we don't watch anymore. I think the last season we watched was maybe 5 or 6.  It makes me a little crazy now. I also don't watch Dancing With The Stars anymore, but used to be totally hooked.  No one wants to hear me sing anymore!! I might try Happy Birthday, if made to audition. Ha!!

2.  Mark Twain is quoted as saying, "If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first." 
So when did you last have to 'eat a frog'? Or two? How'd that work out?   Well, Mr. Twain was right. I am a firm believer in getting the worst thing done first, and then the rest of the time is easy.  It's pretty much how I tick, and it works out pretty well, most of the time. Do the most dreaded, the hardest, or worst thing first - always.  Just git er done.

3. If you were going on safari, what is the number one animal you'd want to see?  The big cats!

4. January 21st is National Granola Bar Day. I know. Do you like granola bars? Chewy or crunchy? Your favorite flavor? How about regular granola? Let's exhaust this topic in honor of the holiday okay?  I'm not a huge granola fan - but prefer crunchy to soft. I don't eat cereal - yuck.  And with that, I have just exhausted the topic!!

5. If only I could win the lottery and retire!!!

6. You can add one item to your bedroom. What will it be? Keep it family friendly please.  I would buy new bedroom furniture and toss the old, which I hate now. Loved it 30 years ago. Hate it now.


7. What is one thing you've enjoyed about winter thus far? If it's not winter in your corner of the globe, what season is it, and what is something you've enjoyed about whatever season it happens to be?  I enjoy turning off the AC and opening the doors to fresh, non-humid air!!


8.  Insert your own random thought here. It's not really random, but my brother-in-law, Bruce, was moved to the new hospital, in Tallahassee, FL, yesterday!!  We are so hoping this new approach will have him healing faster and responding to the more intense physical therapy!  If he can just start to communicate, and start eating again, it would be wonderful!!  We're hoping for great things. Please continue to pray for him (and my sister, Tammy).  Thanks so much!

Thank you, Joyce, for another fun Hodgepodge Meme!! Always looked forward to!  

Thanks for peeking in today!  Your friendship and comments are appreciated!  Peace & blessings! 



17 comments:

  1. {smiling} and Why don't you like cereal?---that was a fun HP wasn't it? Keeping your sister and her husband in prayer. Have a great day, Terri. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting questions and the same on your answers. Good news that your BIL was moved. Praying for him and your sister too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'll have to admit, winning the lottery would be nice, to go along with retirement :)
    Glad to hear the good news about your BIL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny to hear people talking about flip flops and a.c. It's 14 degrees here this morning, with snow in the forecast. I'm glad your bil was moved, and pray he gets the care he needs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've love to replace Brittany's bedroom furniture...it was mine when I was 15. I'd like to turn her room into a nice guest room now that she's left. Good news about your BIL...will be praying for his complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love granola. We always have a few boxes of bars in the house.

    That's great that Bruce finally got moved!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you, I prefer to get the worst jobs done first so I can stop with the dreading of them!

    So glad to read that your BIL Bruce has been moved to Tallahassee. I con't to pray for him and your sister.

    Enjoyed your answers to this Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear that Bruce was moved to a different hospital. From your description of the other, how they could even call that a hospital is beyond my comprehension.

    Glad you are getting weather you enjoy, Terri. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday - and that you win the lottery. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sold our 30 year old bedroom furniture on Craigslist last year and bought new stuff. Still working on finishing the decorating, but making progress!
    Enjoy the warm weather! My parents are in FL for a couple months. They enjoy getting out of the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy Idol this year because I like these judges. I can't do Dancing With the Stars either. I DVR my shows because there is just too many things I could care less about so I can F.F. I will continue to pray for Bruce's recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoping your brother-in-law will do well at this new place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad to hear that Bruce was moved! How I remember waiting and praying for Dad to pass the swallow test, and the joy when he finally did. We do still watch American Idol, but I don't enjoy it as much as The Voice. That is our favorite. Our bedroom furniture is over 40 years old! I remember feeling so rich when we had finally saved enough money to buy it. For a long time it was the only new furniture we had! We did upgrade to a king size bed, but still use the queen headboard that goes with the set.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i still can't believe that my brother and I used to fight over that sugary stuff. My family bought those little boxes of Sugar Pops, etc. I don't like cereal either.

    Thank good Bruce has finally been moved. I hope and pray he gets better too. Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope the move for your BIL helps him with a quick recovery.
    I've only watched Dancing With The Stars a few times and couldn't really get into it. Maybe because of the way they were dressed. It's a shame though because there really is a lot of talent there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed your answers and I am hoping by moving your BIL closer - I hope this helps him get well quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm like you about getting the icky/hard/no fun/dreaded stuff over with first. To me, it's common sense. What good news about Bruce! I shall continue keeping him in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So thankful Bruce was transferred. Continued prayers for them!
    I agree - get the bad stuff out of the way first!

    ReplyDelete