Saturday, November 2, 2013
Saturday night....
It was nice sleeping in, without an alarm clock today. I stayed in my PJs until 12:30!! Decided I'd better get in the shower and get dressed for church. We always go to the 4:00 Vigil Mass on Saturday evenings.
We did not go to the public opening for the Usonian House, at Florida Southern College, last night. I decided it will be better to go when there aren't so many people waiting to get in. SO - pictures later.
We went to dinner, after church, at Saigon Bistro. The Vietnamese food is so fresh and flavorful there, we both decided we actually like it better than the food at our favorite Chinese restaurant, Peking House. I had a beef stir fry with rice noodles. It was delicious.
We are home now, relaxing in front of the TV. I am also working on an art project for a special program we have coming up in a couple of weeks, at work. It's called 'Art Squared'. We are collecting art from 'real' artists as well as anyone who wants to create and contribute. The artwork needs to be square, and starting at 5" x 5" up to 12" x 12". The pieces will sell for $25 to $35 and the person buying won't know who made the piece until they make the purchase! So, you may pay $25 for a piece by me, or by a 'real' artist, making it worth much more than $25. Fun. I'll take a picture of my two pieces (when done) so you can see them.
Hope you had a good Saturday!! Thanks for stopping by! Peace, love & hugs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The food sounds good, and the art project sounds like a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteXO,
Sheila
Sounds like a perfect day! I love the art idea too.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a nice day - and a very relaxing morning - good for you.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a nice day. Can't wait to see pics of your art.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of art squared and can't wait to see yours! So we have 'Art Squared' and photos from the Usonian House to look forward to.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forwards to seeing your art!! I think that no matter who creates art, isn't the creator then an artist?
ReplyDeleteYes, you are right, Samantha. I should have said "well known artists" instead of "real"!!
DeleteThere you go, showing your talent again! lol What fun for you. Staying in your P.J.'s is fun too! Hope you have a restful Sunday..
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day! Food and art..who can go wrong with that. Blessings
ReplyDeleteI stopped by as I am catching up after my week with my grandchildren.
ReplyDelete