Thursday, October 10, 2013

Throwback Thursday...


Many of you are posting about apple orchards, apples, fall leaves, brisk temperatures....

I've mentioned before that the only thing, after 24 years in Florida, that I miss from "up north" are the apple orchards in October.  I went looking for photos of the last time we visited our favorite orchard and found that it was in 2004, when we were visiting family in Maryland and Virginia.  Joe and I both lived in the metro DC area for 12 years.  After we met and started dating, this is the orchard, in Maryland, that we would visit at least twice during "the season". They had the best cider, jams, honey, and my favorite kind of apple, the Cortland. I really miss visits to the orchard.





I promised pictures of my new glasses. Not one person noticed them today.  I was stuck in my office, though, working on the bank reconciliation, so there wasn't really much social time today. Maybe someone will notice tomorrow. They really are different. They are a different color, a different shape, and the temples are wider. Oh well.... glasses are glasses.




I should have had someone else take the pictures. Selfies never turn out very good, but it is what it is. 

We have an exhibit opening tomorrow evening. Our Smithsonian Air & Space Museum exhibit, and an exhibit of up and coming photographers, called Regeneration2.  Check out the link for more information!

We always have a cash bar at the openings, and one of the staff members has devised a special drink to go with the Air & Space Museum art....vodka, (something else ?) and Tang.  If you are old enough to remember Tang (an orange powder used to make a beverage, mixed with water), you will remember the astronauts advertising Tang:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWghCdIqedA&list=RD02TWghCdIqedA

Wishing you all a great Friday!! Peace, love & hugs.









9 comments:

  1. Yup - - I remember Tang and the astronauts promoting it. Then people mixed it with instant tea, also. I liked Tang but never have liked tea.
    I like your glasses. The lenses are similar to mine but mine tilt up a bit on the outside -- a bit like cats' eyes but not that dramatic.
    That pumpkin pyramid is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember Tang and the ads too.
    You look so nice in those glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new glasses...looking 'fancy' to me, just like the wearer! Oh yes, I remember Tang, but never cared for it. I love visiting apple orchards too and cider is one of my fall favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new glasses look nice. I remember Tang commercials but don't think I ever had it. I've never been to an apple orchid either but I do love apple cider. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new glasses look great! My Hubby LOVES Tang! We can't find it here anymore, but Son sends it up in large containers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have an orchard just west of town that is similar. A fun thing they do... the pumpkins are left in the fields and people can walk out thru them to pick just the right one(s) they want. The kids love it.
    I like your glasses. Very attractive.
    That's funny.. I was just thinking about looking for some Tang at the grocery this week. We loved it.
    I checked out the web site. It sounds great. I'd love to see the photos and art work.
    Hope you have a good time tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your new glasses a lot.

    Believe it or not, somewhere I have a cookbook with recipes using Tang. I used to make a coffee cake with it and then there was a sauce for broccoli that I really liked - not sure if I can find Tang around though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I definitely remember the Tang commercials. And your glasses look very nice. You have pretty eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do remember Tang! As kid I loved it but I had some when my kids were young and wondered why in the world I liked it. LOL, it was awful.

    ReplyDelete