Monday, December 3, 2012

Magnificent Monday....





You know, it really has been a wonderful day so far!  I got up and felt rested, it is always a joy to go to work, and I have some yummy leftovers waiting to be reheated for dinner tonight!

I was able to put a nice deposit in the bank today, for work.  I printed out Christmas Bonus checks for the boss today.  Mine isn't a surprise, since I write them, but I will still look forward to getting it.  Blessed that we are able to do (small) Christmas bonuses for everyone.  Every little bit helps, and it sure is a boost to morale.

I had a young college student come in today, to interview me for a Human Resources class she is taking.  She was absolutely delightful.  We had a great time talking and I think I was able to answer all of her questions so that she can write her paper.  She was interested and intelligent, and had a big smile for me, as well as a nice firm handshake when she was done.  I feel so good about our future when I can talk to a young person like her.  Praise God!!

 I'm listening to Christmas music on Pandora.  .... 

He rules the world with truth and grace
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness
And wonders of His love
And wonders of His love
And wonders and wonders of His love

....and wonders of His love.  Amen!!

It's a good day.  Hope yours has been too!!  Peace, love & hugs.



9 comments:

  1. I was listening to Christmas music yesterday. It certainly is good to hear about enthusiastic young people , and it's nice having a pleasant Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, what was the name of the good crafts store you went to recently?The mother of one of my friends here lives in Florida. My friend is the one who made most of those tree decorations I bought the other day. She!s going to visit her mother this Christmas and was asking about a crafts place that was cheaper than Michael's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds it was a really good day at work. Talking to a young person that has something other than texting or something silly is a delight for sure. Am wondering how your heel is today; better I pray. I downloaded my Christmas CD's to my computer and then took them to the car and that is what we listen to thru Dec. Road through the Battlefield, and across town to eat....Jim isnt up to par for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear Jim isn't feeling good today, but glad you got out for awhile. My heel is doing better. Not 100%, but the stretching helps. Thanks for asking!! Prayers still appreciated!!

      Delete
  4. I am a true believer in the firm handshake. When I was a teenager I heard a cowboy say, with admiration in his voice, "She shakes hands like a real man." I then decided to not ever do a lady-like wimpy handshake again. I am caught up now, so must blog. I am avoiding it. I still can't figure out how to put my own images in my background on Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The firm handshake was probably the first thing I was taught in my business class. I really do judge people on it when I first meet them..terrible I know..lol. I love to hear positive stories of our youth. It gives me hope! Congrats on the Christmas bonus! You are right..every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had such a good day at work. I keep hearing about Pandora. One of these days I will have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  7. My grandson had that assignment last year. It was an experience, finding someone to interview. I'm glad you had a nice young lady to talk to you. I've been listening to some Christmas music too. It does a heart good. I'm glad you had a nice Monday. Hope today is too.

    ReplyDelete