Thanks so much to our Hodgepodge hostess, Joyce!! Join the fun HERE!
Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 636
2. The Pantone color of the year is Cloud Dancer, described as a gentle, billowy off white shade. The color symbolizes 'peace, clarity, quiet reflection, renewal, and a soft reset'. Of the terms just listed, which do you need most in your life this winter? Peace, all the time.
3. Every cloud has a silver lining, on cloud nine, head in the clouds, storm clouds gathering, or cloud of suspicion...which 'cloud' idiom do you most relate to currently? Explain. Every cloud has a silver lining is very much like the glass is half full. I try to be more positive about life most of the time.
4. Coconut, cauliflower, cottage cheese, mayonnaise, onions, ranch dressing...of the white foods listed, which would be the hardest for you to give up? Do you like all or any of the foods on the list? Cheese would be the hardest for me to give up. I like all of those foods, but I rarely have coconut in the pantry, even though coconut custard is a favorite dessert of mine.
5. Thomas Wentworth Higginson is credited with this quote-
"How many lessons of faith and beauty we should lose, if there were no winter in our year."
Agree or disagree? Tell us why. Let's pretend the "winter" is a reference to our older years, and if so, I agree completely. Growing older isn't always comfortable, but my faith is certainly stronger now than it was 30 years ago, and I see beauty in life every day. Yes, please!
6. Insert your own random thought here. My January has become incredibly busy, but in a good way! I'm doing laundry and some cleaning today because I'm off to Georgia tomorrow. It will be a swift, but very fun trip. Lunch with my sister, Tammy, tomorrow. I'm dropping off the recliner I got for her. It is in my car and ready for transport. I'm driving from there over to my son's house for two nights. Stopping at blogging friend Pamela's for lunch on the way home Saturday (thank you, Pam!). Pam and I "met" through our blogs, but we have become "in-person" friends too. We are only a couple of hours away. She and John met my Joe, too, way back in 2017!
I will have my computer with me, but (once again) will fall behind in reading your posts. I will post my Whimsical Fashion Fun post tomorrow, but won't post again until Monday. I'm sure I will have lots of photos to share on Monday, so beware!! Prayers for safe travels will be very much appreciated!! Thank you!
A big thanks to my neighbors, Susan and Chuck, and their son Jake, for helping me load the chair into my car, and to Susan for watching my boys while I'm gone!

I hope you have a wonderful trip, time with your sister, and enjoy your blog connection too! I didn't think about winter in terms of aging, but I like the analogy. Safe travels!
ReplyDeleteSafe travels!!!
ReplyDeleteLove that photo of the four of you in 2017, Terri. Have a safe and memorable trip!
ReplyDeleteI think you succeed at being positive. I try to be too.
ReplyDeleteI don't like coconut but all those other foods are good and for sure cheese!
Have a wonderful trip!!!
I really like your interpretation of "winter" (being) our senior season! I, too, have a renewed faith that was sorely missing until we moved here.
ReplyDeleteEvery one of those white foods is calling my name. It's been a long time, but one of my favorite rituals since childhood is to milk a coconut, smash it with a hammer and collect the little chunks in a (refrigerator) baggie for times when I need a snack.
You will be in my prayers for safe travels tomorrow! I know you will enjoy your short, but sweet trip. Sounds like it will be packed with fun! I'm always happy to help with the kitties!
ReplyDeleteThe more I hear about Florida the more it appeals to me with the warmer weather! I am so sick of the winter here already!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip! Safe travels.
OH my goodness! That photo of the four of us really blows me away! Golly, I remember that day! 2017, you say? Wow! Where does the time go? And it was Christmas time...our tree was still up...and that was one of the years we got a "Florida Cracker Tree" out of the Ocala National Forest! That was fun! It was so much fun meeting you and Joe. I fed you fruitcake (and found out later that you really don't like fruitcake!, but you said mine was good. LOL) It was a fun time and I was SO happy that you included us in your trip. And I am equally happy that you are including us again in this trip, to a different house, and I won't be feeding your fruit cake! LOL. I am wondering if you like blueberries, however. I know you are probably strawberried out since they are in season in your neck of the woods. LOL You sure are making a fast trip! That's a lot of driving, so please be safe and don't get in a rush! And like I said, our guest room is available if you change your mind and need to stay over! See you soon!!! Oh, and speaking of winter, you are driving right into it this weekend! I hope you are taking your warm duds along!!
ReplyDeleteYou are sure on the go this month. Enjoy your trip. I guess I am an indoor girl. I do agree with what you said about the winter of life. It is not easy - but I too, am closer to God. Have a great time.
ReplyDeleteDear Terri, I love your photo! You all have such beautiful smiles! I wish you all the best!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a wonderful time! We can't wait to hear all about your fun trip!
ReplyDeleteI so agree with your answers to #5! I hope you'll have a safe and wonderful trip! Please say hello to Pam for me! I'm sure your visit will be a blessing to her.
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip Terri and safe travels.
ReplyDeleteI suppose coconut custard is a lot like coconut pudding? If so, yes, I'd like that (as well as anything with coconut). Unfortunately, as a result of Gary's surgery a couple of years ago, coconut is one of the most definite no-no's for him.
ReplyDeleteI am reading this post on Friday, just learning of your travels. Have a good time with everybody.