Thanks to Crazy Sam for today's questions! You can join in by clicking HERE!
I Fall in Love Too Easily
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so to speak. We encourage you to visit other participants' posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
7) Dinah found her greatest success in television. She was so popular for so long that she was able to afford a luxury home, built to her specifications, in Palm Springs. Leonardo DiCaprio now owns it. Do you know who lived in your home before you moved in? We were told that our current home was owned by a minister/pastor who was in his 80s and not well. They also said we are the third owners, and I don't know who had it first.
Saturday 9: I Fall in Love Too Easily (1945)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
5) Dinah was shy with new people, but discovered as a high school cheerleader that she was good in front of a crowd. Give us one of your high school cheers. I was in the marching band. We did our fight song and Hang on Lakers to the tune of Hang on Sloopy. It's been 55 years, so please don't give me a trumpet!
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Dinah Shore admits that her impetuous romances don't work out. Do you consider yourself impulsive? No, I am not impulsive.
2) The songwriting team of Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne composed this in a single evening. Since the song is rather short, Sammy considered adding another verse, but Jule thought better of it, saying, "No. That's it." Are you more like Sammy and keep revising, tinkering, and tweaking? Or, like Jule, do you find it easy to leave well enough alone? It depends on what it is, but I can usually leave well enough alone.
3) The song was introduced in Anchors Aweigh, a movie about two sailors who find love during a two-day leave in New York. Have you ever enjoyed a romance while on holiday? Only with my Joe. We had some great vacations!!
4) Though Frank Sinatra sang the song in the movie, Dinah's version was also popular. Her record sales in the 1940s were boosted by concerts, radio appearances, and performances for the troops. What singer who is no longer with us do you wish you could have seen in concert? I am not a concert goer, so I couldn't even think of a living singer I would see in concert, let alone a dead one! Sorry!
5) Dinah was shy with new people, but discovered as a high school cheerleader that she was good in front of a crowd. Give us one of your high school cheers. I was in the marching band. We did our fight song and Hang on Lakers to the tune of Hang on Sloopy. It's been 55 years, so please don't give me a trumpet!
6) She loved golf and was so good at it, she became the first woman admitted as a member to the prestigious Hillcrest Country Club in Los Angeles. What's your best sport? Did I mention that I was in the marching band? Back in the dark ages, girls only played intermural sports, except for track. I ran the 440 (quarter mile) a year or two in high school.
7) Dinah found her greatest success in television. She was so popular for so long that she was able to afford a luxury home, built to her specifications, in Palm Springs. Leonardo DiCaprio now owns it. Do you know who lived in your home before you moved in? We were told that our current home was owned by a minister/pastor who was in his 80s and not well. They also said we are the third owners, and I don't know who had it first.
8) In 1945, when this song was popular, Abbott and Costello appeared in the movie The Naughty Nineties, which featured their famous "Who's On First" routine. Do you know it? I don't know the words by heart, but I have heard it many times and admit to using the saying "who's on first" in certain situations.
9) Random question – Fill in the blank: After all these years, I still ____.
I believe for every drop of rain that falls A flower grows I believe that somewhere in the darkest night A candle glows I believe for everyone who goes astray, someone will come To show the way I believe, I believe I believe above the storm the smallest prayers Will still be heard I believe that someone in the great somewhere Hears every word Every time I hear a new born baby cry, Or touch a leaf or see the sky Then I know why, I believe Every time I hear a new born baby cry, Or touch a leaf Or see the sky Then I know why I believe.
Peace and Hugs!
God is good, all the time!

I did know you were in a marching band, smiles. Wishing you a lovely day, Terri. smiles
ReplyDeleteNow I’m heating a song in my head … an interesting ear worm
ReplyDeleteI'm not a concert goer either. I can listen for free at home and not deal with those crowds! Plus, the ticket cost now is horrendous!
ReplyDeleteGood song to end with, I haven't heard that one for some time.
I am not impulsive but I can be spontaneous...
ReplyDeleteI met Bill when I was 17--it's lasted 49 years!
I love the random thought you wrote out here, Terri. God certainly does hear our prayers. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI don't go to concerts or parades because I don't like crowds or a lot of noise. Your random thought is beautiful, Terri. God bless you, dear friend 🧡
ReplyDeleteNow your 'random' has me singing like we performed in Glee Club! I don't think I've an impulsive cell in my body. Sadly, my concert-going days are over ... but I'd probably enjoy a banquette seat in a small piano bar listening to Barry Manilow or Michael Buble.
ReplyDeleteGet me a ticket for either of those!! I will go with you!!
DeleteI love that Abbott and Castello skit. I remember Dinah Shore - but I haven't thought about her in ages! Didn't she marry Burt Renyolds?
ReplyDeleteI used to admire how marching band could play and march at the same time! I thought that was amazing.
ReplyDelete