Tuesday, November 26, 2024

No Tuesday 4?

I don't see a Tuesday 4 posted yet and it is nearly midnight on Monday.  I am up this late because I spent the last seven hours in the Emergency Room.

Friends, I had my first and hopefully my last kidney stone.  I won't go into how sick I was but I called Dee, my across the street neighbor, and asked her to call 911 for me.  I have never felt that much pain.  I was really scared. I seriously thought it was appendicitis.  

My neighbors fed my cats, put my trash cans out, and came to get me when they released me.  How blessed am I to have such great neighbors who are also dear friends.  They brought me a bottle of water and a protein drink for the drive home.  Wow.

I had a CT scan and they didn't see any kidney stones, but there was good evidence that I passed it.  I am so happy it is gone and I feel fine.  Praise God.

That's all I've got.  I am tired but feel very blessed.

Peace and Hugs!

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry Terri! I've never had one but people say it is the absolute worst kind of pain. Glad you had friends to step in and help. Take care today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Terri! That is such a painful thing to go through. I had one when I was 7 months pregnant, and they thought (and so did I) that I was in labor, but I only gave birth to a tiny kidney stone that felt like a huge rock until it finally passed on its own, thankfully. I am so very sorry you had to go through that, but so thankful it's over! And how wonderful you have such good neighbors and friends surrounding you! What a blessing that is! Now, what about Thanksgiving? Are you still up to preparing for it at your house? I do hope others are bringing some food! Please take it easy, and keep drinking lots of fluids! Sending you gentle hugs in case you are still sore! ((Hugs)) But yes, Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I feel fine today and Thanksgiving plans will stay. Yes, Anne and Livia are both contributing to our dinner. As soon as it passed, I felt fine. Crazy!!! Hope it never happens again. I need to drink more water.

      Delete
  3. Oh no, hugs to you! What a scary experience, but what amazing neighbors and friends you have! Phew, glad you're home and okay now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Terri! I haven't had one, but was always told as a nurse how very painful they are. I'm glad it passed, now praying you are feeling better.
    Rest and drink lots!
    Love you, hugs from Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a frightening episode, Terri! Again, I'm touched by the caring and camaraderie which exists at Mas Verde. Please rest easy today ....and indulge in whatever nourishment sounds good. Tis the season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband had one and they are very painful. Glad you are home now. There is no Tuesday4 MeMe today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a nightmare, Terri! So glad to know that you are now home safe and sound, and didn't have to stay in the hospital overnight. I know you're so thankful to the Lord for your wonderful neighbors who are always looking out for you and each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I've never had them, but my mom did and it was not fun for her to say the least. Hope you never have another one. I'm glad you have such great friends and neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so sorry you had a rough time. Take care of yourself....

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear this Terri but thankful that you passed the stone and have recovered. I'm busy catching up on everyone's posts since I've been away. Your floors look lovely you must be so pleased with the finished look.

    ReplyDelete