Monday, September 16, 2024

Monday Musings...

 









I have another full week ahead and then I'm on my way to Ohio!  It is getting here fast!! I'm starting to create a packing list in my head but haven't gotten the suitcase out yet.  My ride to and from the airport is reserved (a friend here in the community), and my cat sitters are scheduled... Mary Jane and her sister Ginny (my former neighbor) are tag-teaming.

My shelves for the laundry closet were installed on Saturday so I was able to get the kitchen table cleaned off and everything put away.  I did laundry again on Sunday and am loving my new stackable unit. I also did some much-needed cleaning after church yesterday and placed a grocery order with Kroger.  It will be delivered today. 

Our local handyman, German, is installing the new security doors today, that I purchased from Lowe's. Mine are rusted out and are probably 20 years old.  He thought they just might need paint but agreed with me when he looked at them.  Tomorrow, I'm going to buy new flooring for the whole house (except the tiled bathrooms).  German is going to do the installation for me sometime next month.  I've seen his work and it is impeccable. Our community here is lucky to have him.  His wife, Robin, is his "manager" and keeps his jobs organized.  He just loves being busy and helping people out.  

I have a haircut this week, a doctor's appointment, Bible study, dinner with Mas Verde friends, and dinner with my church friends.  Oh, and packing to work on! Praise God!

Thanks for checking in with me here!!  Have a blessed week!


Peace and Hugs!

Praise to the Lord,
O let all that is in me adore Him!
All that hath life and breath,
Come now with praises before Him.
Let the Amen sound from His people again,
Gladly for aye, we adore Him.


18 comments:

  1. My word, your September's been pretty eventful ... and it's not over! German sounds like a treasure. Not unlike HGTV, oh how you're going to love your home's new look!
    Have a sweet day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy, and with exciting things!
    You are lucky to have someone like German around. Getting new flooring is going to be so nice. Glad the washer and dryer is working out well.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the new shelves in the laundry room. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, it's a laundry closet and the shelves are already loaded up. Not sure I want to share a photo! LOL

      Delete
  4. That reminds me, I need a haircut too. I've become so accustomed to the shorter "do" I'm going to keep it that way. It's so much easier to care for.
    How wonderful that your area has a fellow like German to take care of all these odd jobs. What a blessing.
    Hope you have a fun, safe trip to and from Ohio. Bet it grieves you how the Federal Gov is trying to destroy that lovely State by bringing in that influx of invaders. It reminds me how during the 70s Pres. Carter brought in all those Cuban boat people in Florida. Crime shot through the roof for a long time! It was a dangerous and awful time for many in my native State.
    Love & Blessings. 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have cousins who live in Springfield. Hoping to see them next week.

      Delete
  5. For a newly retired gal, you sure have a plate full of activities, Terri! German is a God-send to your community, and I'm so glad he can do so many helpful things for you and others. I'm so looking forward to hearing about your Ohio trip and the wedding, too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy you retired just in time! What a wonderful place it already was and how great it will be for your retirement. You have so many things planned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are getting great things done! I know you love that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am trying to think ... i recall a Terri but i am not sure it is you? i saw Chatty Crone and i recall her ... gosh ... trying to jog my memory. any who. i will say hello ... either way ... take care. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness you are so busy! Does it cause you stress to have that much to do right before your trip? I think I'd be stressed. I'm so excited for you though! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would be more stressed if I was just sitting around!! LOL

      Delete
  10. Whoohoo! First class! Enjoy the splurge! Family weddings are such fun and I hope you enjoy every minute of your getaway. Sounds like you're getting a lot done at home too which always feels good. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well it sounds like you will not be bored anytime soon. You are going to feel like you have a new house with all new flooring,

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2 Praise to the Lord, above all things so wondrously reigning;
    sheltering you under his wings, and so gently sustaining!
    Have you not seen all that is needful has been
    sent by his gracious ordaining?

    Love that song. I love it when you add these hymns at the end of your posts. It always challenges me to figure out which one it is and if I know it. I have to look them up sometimes, however to get the right words. But I love it! Oh, my, you do have a lot going on! New floors? Are they vinyl plank or what? That is a big job, especially having all the furniture moved, etc. But it's worth it when it's over and done! Happy for you to be going to Ohio soon. I'm glad to hear you are flying instead of trying to drive that far. That's a relief. I know you will enjoy being back "home" again. Try to pace yourself in the meantime. Seems like you are getting a LOT of stuff done really fast since your retirement. Just remember to slow down and smell the roses, or coffee, or whatever you enjoy smelling! LOL. Take care and have a wonderful rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waterproof vinyl planks. German will move the furniture. My biggest thing will be purging as he goes. One room at a time. I'm just trying to get it all done before Thanksgiving! xo

      Delete
    2. PS... I love this song too. We sing it often in church.

      Delete
  13. It sounds like you are staying busy and enjoying your friends. I realized this morning that there are a few things I need to reorganize in our house! You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete