Thanks to Annie for today's questions! You can join in HERE!
Tuesday 4
Names
This week let's talk about your name!
1. What name would you take if you had to change your name? I take it this is about my first name. My dad wanted to call me Paula and I have always liked that name.
2. Do you think you fit your name and its meaning? I had to look it up... huntress/harvest. Nope, that's not me. I don't mind Terri but I have always disliked Teresa.
3. What is the meaning of your name.. how about your last name? See above. My maiden name, Kelly, means descendent of war. Hmmm...
4. Were you named after anyone or given your name for a specific reason? How about your kids? My middle name, Lee, is after my great-grandmother. I didn't name my boys. They were 16 and 20 when I came into their lives but Joe is named after his dad and Jeff (I've been told) was after his mom's favorite actor Jeffrey Hunter.
As always thank you so much for joining in and making this a success. It just means the world to me. And, remember I am always looking for topics and questions so leave a comment if you have any!
Sorry, I can't picture you as a "Paula". I have a friend named Paula, and well, let's just say I think Terri suits you much better than what my perspective would be if it were Paula. And I like your middle name "Lee". I have a 2nd cousin named Lee and her brother's name is Grant. I think my cousin and his wife were on both sides of the Civil War when they named their kids. LOL. But I think Lee is a very pretty name for a girl. But you are right, I don't see you as much as a Theresa as I do Terri. It just suits you and you are beautiful and wonderful and I am glad you are my friend! So there! BTW, I had another friend from Ohio whose name was Terri Harmon. She used to come down to Florida to visit her father and stepmother in the summers, and she was a LOT of fun. I visited her once at her home in Ohio too, Mt. Vernon, I think. Anyway, I have happy thoughts when I think of you and my other friend Terri!!It's a happy name.
ReplyDeleteMy mother wanted to name me Ellen. I would have preferred that. My first name is Bonita and they had planned to call me Bonnie but changed their minds. I would have preferred Bonnie. Oh well.....I always enjoy learning more about my friends names, origins etc.
ReplyDeleteI'm not a big fan of the name Paula, but I sure like Terri over Theresa. Looking up the origin of names is lots of fun, too.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day!
You'll always be Terri to us. It's a fun name.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post.
Love & Blessings. xx
I agree with Sparky ... Terri is a fun name! Growing up I only knew of two Terri's -- and both were lively and perky. Paula sounds, I don't know ... mellow and serious? I've a long-time friend named Paula who's anything but -- everyone calls her PJ.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your answers. Both my daughters' names end in "i" which some people feel is unusual. They are Kelli and Kerri. I will say you can't find their names readily available on printed items. lol Do you have that same problem? Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteI can find "Terri" sometimes but it usually says Terry (or Teresa).
DeleteIt was always the battle over Judith or Judy...I got tired of the battle and capitulated to Judy..
ReplyDeleteMy mom wanted to name me Melody, but Dad won with Maribeth, although most people just call me Mari (Mary). And that goes well with my sisters names - Terri and Cheri!
ReplyDeleteI was named Thelma Jean. Thelma was my mom's good friend and Jean was my dad's youngest sister. When I was a preschooler my older siblings started calling me "Jeanie" and for years the Thelma part of my name was never used. I was T. Jean in high school! But Thelma Jean has always been on my driver's license, so I have needed to use Thelma for all official documents. I don't like it at all.
ReplyDelete