Our beautiful Lake Morton (the bird lake). The sun was causing diamonds to sparkle on the right-hand side of the lake. It was beautiful and not captured at all by this photo. You will have to take my word for it. I was pulling out of the bank's drive-through and stopped to snap this picture.
That really is all I have. Time is getting short and I really need to get some cleaning done, the guest room made up and some baking done. I went to Sam's Club after work yesterday to get some melting chocolate. They had NONE! I will try Publix after work today and sure hope I can find some or my pretzels will have to remain naked. I also want to make some peppermint bark that blogging friend Maggie wrote about this week.
I can't close this without asking for prayers. My cousin, Jim, died of covid yesterday. He is a few years older than me (still middle age!!) and should have had many more years ahead. He was a devoted Christian, so we know where he is, and also a very talented artist. Pray for the Willman family, in Alabama, please, especially his wife, Gail. Thank you.
This was at our beach reunion back in 2015. Cousin Lana, me, cousin Jim, cousin Vicki, and cousin Pam. These cousins are my mom's first cousins making them my 2nd cousins.
I've posted this one before. I grew up with these cousins. They called my mom Aunt Helen, even though she was their cousin (just a lot older). Lots of wonderful memories of good times and love shared.

I am so very sorry for your loss, Terri. Keeping your family in prayer.
ReplyDeleteI haven't been to my employer in over a week, but I know we have melting chocolate. I shall return sometime next week; would you like me to send you some?
I need the chocolate now but thanks for the offer and for your prayers.
DeleteSo saddened by your sudden loss, Terri. Yes, I will pray for Jim's family,especially Gail.
ReplyDeleteMay God give all of you His comfort and peace at this time.
I am sorry to hear of another loss. I know we all hate this thing.
ReplyDeleteI can imagine how pretty that lake was.
How sad! I am so sorry for your loss and will keep your family in my prayers. It is hard to hear of so many still losing their battle with this virus. Sweet hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteYour Mom's name was Helen?! So was my adopted Mom: Helen Mae. I like that name.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for your loss. My doctor explained that if a person has a pre-existing health issue, the virus can be deadly because it goes into pneumonia (like head colds have for centuries). It's a sad, fallen world. I know we'll all be glad when we're all with Jesus and won't have to say Goodbye ever again.
Blessings. x
I love to see diamonds on the water, it happens here at the right time of day. Have a great weekend! BTW, your card was lovely, thank you.
ReplyDeleteOh Terri, I am so sorry to see this news about the passing of your cousin Jim. What a loss!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to learn about Jim's passing! Grief is hard, especially when the season's message is 'merry and bright.'
ReplyDeleteDeep breaths, girl. Like my son's always counseling me: 'Embrace the chaos.'
Terri: I am so sorry about your loss, the photos are so sweet.
ReplyDeleteNice outdoor photos, it's snowing her right now.
Catherine
Oh Terri, I am so sorry to hear of this great loss to your family...your loss, but heaven's gain. Seems like heaven must be getting full these days...so many have left this world this past year. Praying for your family now. I love to see the sun glistening on the water like diamonds. I know it is hard to capture a good picture of that...it's just something you have to be there to see...and I've seen it here and love it. Praying for you as you gather your things together to make your Christmas time merry and bright with your sister and your friends. May it be a holy and beautiful time for all of you. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear.....
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Terri. So much loss. Prayers for your family.
ReplyDeleteThe lake is so pretty!