Saturday, April 3, 2021

Saturday 9...

 Thanks to Crazy Sam Winters for today's questions! You can join in HERE!


Here Comes Peter Cottontail

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so to speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!




Saturday 9: Here Comes Peter Cottontail (from the archives)

1) Which do you prefer: colored hard-boiled eggs, chocolate marshmallow eggs, or plastic eggs with coins inside?  If I have to pick one, it would be the hard-boiled eggs.  I'm not a big marshmallow lover and don't need more coins to carry around! LOL

2) What's your favorite color of Peeps (yellow, purple, or pink)?  I do not like peeps, no matter the color.  Not into squishy marshmallows.

3) All this talk of sweets is making Sam hungry. What's for lunch?  I am doing this on Friday evening. Joey and I had a chicken salad sandwich for lunch.

4) This song was introduced by country singer Gene Autry and it's still a favorite. Please share some of the lyrics. (And you're on your own; Sam didn't include a link to the song this week.)  
Here comes Peter Cottontail. Hoppin' down the bunny trail, Hippity hoppity, Easter's on its way. Bringin' ev'ry girl and boy. A basketful of Easter joy. Things to make your Easter. Bright and gay.

5) Gene Autry was so popular that a town in Oklahoma named itself for him. Have you ever been to Oklahoma?  I have never been to Oklahoma.

6) He and his horse Champion also had a TV show. Can you name another famous horse?  Trigger.

7) Gene Autry also recorded "Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer," and it was, of course, wildly popular, too. Who is your favorite recording artist?  I honestly don't have a "favorite". I'm not really into music that much. There are a lot of artists I like but I really can't pick a favorite.

8) In 1950, the year Autry recorded this song, Diner's Club issued the first credit card. Think of the last thing you purchased. Did you use cash, a credit card, a debit card, an e-wallet service (Visa Checkout, Paypal, Google Pay, Apple Pay ...), or a check?  I wrote a check to the carpet cleaner yesterday.

9) Easter is recognized as the start of the spring season. What are you looking forward to this spring?  I sure hope our community group from church will begin to meet in person since most of us are vaccinated now.


Peace & hugs!  


10 comments:

  1. Oh I loved Gene Autry and his songs...I guess I remember Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer the best. This really takes me back to my childhood. Especially since this song (Here Comes Peter Cottontail) was introduced the year I was born! Wow! And oh, yes, Trigger! Roy Rogers and Dale Evans...loved their show! Happy memories. How nice to get your carpet cleaned. I am wanting to have ours removed and replaced with vinyl "wood" planks. We just can't keep carpet a clean, especially in the dining area...and we eat a lot in the living room too while watching TV, and spills are inevitable. It was cheap carpet to begin with and is not holding up well. I hope your church community group can start back together again soon. We are excited that our church will move back into the Sanctuary for Easter. The fellowship hall has served the purpose during the pandemic, but we are all ready to be back in the sanctuary again and be able to use the Fellowship Hall for fellowship again...not sure just how much fellowship we will be able to do just yet...we miss our monthly pancake breakfasts...we shall see...that may be a while yet. Have a blessed and wonderful Easter. So glad Joey is with you. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gene Autry was so popular. I miss how entertainers were patriotic and many of them Christian like Roy Rogers & Dale Evans and many others.
    I write checks and/or use cash for almost everything except for on-line purchases. Keeps me outta trouble that way.
    Wrapping you in prayer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have absolutely no affection for Peeps in the least as I dislike marshmallows, too, Terri. I do remember that song by Gene Autry, however - really takes me back . . .
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great memories.... seems like only yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Gene Autrey. I hate Peeps too and have never been to Oklahoma either. I really want to go since there is a cross stitch store that all the stitchers speak of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Peeps...my son bought some Watermelon kind, now, that was icky, LOL. ANYWAYS, chicken salad sounds good. Wishing you a very Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh(!!!) on Peeps of any kind. On the other hand ... chicken salad -- with hardboiled eggs -- in it sounds like something we'd love! I've been thinking about that 'favorite' recording artist question, but it's impossible to narrow it down to one. My short list would have to include Lionel Richie, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your group gets to meet in person soon too! I am not a fan of Peeps either. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend and Happy Easter.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter Terri!!

    I hate peeps. They are seriously disgusting and the sight of them makes me gag. The sugar crystals with the stretchy gooey marshmallow... ugh!! But the birthday cake ones with the colorful speckles are actually cute. Those don't LOOK gross. But I still would never eat them. Not even if they were the last candy on earth. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete