Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Tuesday 4...

 Thanks to Annie for this week's Tuesday 4!  You can join in HERE!

Tuesday 4

Your Town

 Welcome to Tuesday 4 begun by Toni Taddeo and continued in her honor.



Let's talk about your town this week!

1. Do you like your town?  My regular readers all know how much I LOVE Lakeland!  Is it a city, town?  It is a city. Can you describe it for us?  Lakeland is beautiful.  Lakeland is a city of around 115,000 people with an amazing city government - but feels like a small town. I have shared several videos about Lakeland so won't repeat them here, but 
Lakeland is the best place to live in beautiful central Florida!  (In my humble opinion!)

2. Are there any special points of interest in your town?  The largest collection of Frank 
Lloyd Wright-designed buildings in the world are right here in Lakeland.  The Hollis 
Gardens, 32 lakes that are landscaped and beautiful, our lovely 'central park' Munn Park, 
a fun downtown, the Saturday Farmers' Market, Polk Museum of Art, the Polk Theater, 
dare I mention the Publix headquarters is here (this is where the first Publix was and where many of the original George Jenkins family still live).. I can go on and on.  I love Lakeland!

3.Does your town have parks, restaurants?  Many beautiful parks and lots of wonderful restaurants.  Whatever you want to eat can be found easily and our restaurants are 
always busy.

4. Do you think your town needs changes to make it better and if so what changes would
 you make?  There is nothing I would change about Lakeland.


Peace & hugs!  Jesus loves you and me!!

17 comments:

  1. Lakeland sounds nice. I always love all your pics.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have shown me Lakeland twice now and everything you have said is true. Lakeland is a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Lakeland is nice too:) It is good to like where you live. I can't imagine living anywhere but Fort Walton Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's terrific to love wherever one lives. I'm fortunate in that respect too. Even though I'm a transplant to SE Georgia, I wouldn't live anywhere else. For me, I prefer the quiet whisper of the pines, the sweet smells of nature and the serenity of country living. A city would devastate me in short order. *lol* I do wish we had a Publix but at least there's one in Brunswick, GA. That's only a 50 mile trip. Close enough.
    Sending Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me want to visit Lakeland the next time we come to Florida. I do think we have stopped off to get a bite to eat there before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, Lakeland is beautiful. Isn't it a great feeling, loving where you live?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should get a job with the Lakeland Chamber of Commerce! You would do a great job promoting your city!!! You make us all want to come visit and/or come live there! Especially if we could live near you!!! Thank you for your enthusiastic post!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is lovely that you live somewhere so appealing! I agree with Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a beautiful town for sure. What a blessing to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't realize that Publix had it's origins in Lakeland, Terri. How cool is it that the Jenkins family still live in the area? I love shopping at our local Publix - always clean, bright and friendly.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still privately owned and yes, the very wonderful and extremely philanthropic family members still live here.

      Delete
  11. I know all about your area, grin. Thank you Terri for the many smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lakeland sounds like a great place! I'd love to visit there, because I know a wonderful lady who lives there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are welcome anytime you can come! It only takes five minutes to put sheets on the guest room bed, so just let me know!!

      Delete
  13. Your town sounds so nice. I am so glad you are happy there. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete