Thursday, March 18, 2021

Whimsical Fashion Fun 2021

 


There isn't a linky and there aren't any rules!
Check out the dress and pick the shoes you like best.
It is just some whimsical fashion fun!
Photos always from The Storybook of Dreams & Beauty!


I saw this wedding dress and fell in love with it.  Count down from the top for the shoes, 1-2-3, and pick the pair you like best for the dress. Tell us why!  It is just for fun!


My thoughts:  Well, I already said I love the dress. Gorgeous.  As for the shoes, none of which I could ever walk in, I do like #1 best for the dress.  What do you think?


Peace & hugs!  Jesus loves us all!!


Update on Helen:  I went to see her yesterday morning and stayed about an hour.  She complained about the people and about the food.  I did my best to redirect her thoughts to them caring for her. The food complaint was more about them giving her too much food. I told her that's why she has that refrigerator. She can keep some for later if she wants to.  They had done her laundry, the bathroom and room were clean. I could tell the carpet had been vacuumed and she confirmed it. She was clean and had on clean clothes.  We took a walk again and checked her mailbox (empty - her mail is being forwarded to me from her old address).  I will send her a card.  If anyone wants to send her a note, email or message me for her address.  She is getting her hair done today.  I will go in sometime today to check in but I really want to get away from daily visits.  I do need to go by her house and get the Direct TV equipment to turn in and pick up mail that hasn't been forwarded yet.  I keep telling her I am looking for a job. I will grab some resume copies and try to get to an agency or two today, also. Nothing is coming from the INDEED jobs I've applied for.  I am 69 years old and have a lot of experience for jobs they are advertising for high school grads, first job, etc. I need to talk to someone face-to-face and let them know I really don't need stress anymore (in a nice way).  So, there we are. Your prayers and good thoughts are still appreciated.  I am blessed and praise our God daily!


12 comments:

  1. I like #1.
    I think in person will be best because they can see you are still a viable candidate. I will continue to pray for you and who knows maybe you should look for something that you are not even thinking about just yet. I will pray. As for Helen, that sounded a lot like my mother:) You are doing the right thing and when you visit just keep trying to look for the positive and let her blow off steam. Then get in your car and ride down the highway and scream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoe #1!
    Yes, Terri, I'd be happy to send a note to Helen. You have my email address, so I'll be looking for it. Good luck with the job hunt, too!
    Prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three would be my choice. I love the bow on the back. Yes Helen needs to adjust to her new place and you need to be able to do the things you need to do. It is hard but then aren't all adjustments hard. Prayers for you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress. Yeah, #1. I like the 'cha cha's'. *lol* Couldn't do the heels though.
    I pray you can find the perfect part-time job soon.
    Sending Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 looks like a match... Wishing you good fortune on the job front.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like #2 with the dress.

    Maybe you could visit Helen on certain days. Put it on her calendar so she will have something to look forward too.

    Good luck on your job hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certainly not for comfort, but I think #3 best complements the dress' bodice. Not screaming for attention, 'know what I mean?
    I'm so sorry you're having to deflect Helen's moods ..... on top of everything else! I think the calendar idea Stormie just mentioned is a great idea! And yes, I'll put a card in the mail this week. (Will you be publishing her new address, or should I send it to yours?)
    I, too, think face-to-face is a good idea. Too few hiring managers can't see beyond their own preconceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In-person interviews are best, at least I think so. Unfortunately in today's world that is happening less and less. Hope you find something soon. I LOVE the dress and I think I will choose shoe #3!! BTW, did I say I LOVE the dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I choose shoe #2...most likely to be able to wear and I've just always liked that style.

    I think you are on the right track trying to get Helen used to less than daily visits. She may actually adjust better if she doesn't see you as much. I know from working at a nursing home that visits tended to get a lot of the residents all worked up and that would last for a while afterward.

    Praying the Lord provides the perfect job and boss for you. I imagine a lot of employers are thinking you are over qualified and don't want to pay what you are worth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I kind of like number 2 for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on shoe #1, I couldn't wear them either!
    I agree that getting her used to less visits will be good - for her and for you!
    Praying about the job. I agree that in person is a good idea. If they met you, they would love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you on the dress and shoes!! Very pretty indeed. And as for Helen, she is adapting a little at a time. Yes, you will need to wean her off of you coming every day...she will be fine and soon won't be counting the days so much. Sounds like they are taking good care of her. Praying with you about the job. God will lead you. Take your time...it will happen in God's good time. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete