Here we are, another week under our belts of social distancing. At least here in Lakeland, things are beginning to loosen up a bit. Parks, boat ramps, and golf courses opened up on Friday (May 1) and restaurants and retail stores open today (May 4th) but are to stay at 25% capacity. Churches are still to remain closed and "they" aren't allowing barbershops or beauty shops to open. Seems funny that chiropractors, massage therapists, and aestheticians are all allowed to reopen, but not barbers. Go figure. (I go for a facial tomorrow!)
This was in our newspaper Friday.
I already talked about my pre-op appointment last week, over at Tampa General Hospital.
I was the only person in the pre-op waiting room.
I posted about this on Facebook, so many of you have already seen this. Joe loves tomato pie, Philadelphia-style. He talked about it when we were dating (like 37 years ago) and took me to a bakery up there so I could have some. I agreed it was delicious and we enjoyed it nearly every time we traveled up to his parents' house, sometimes we shared it with them and sometimes we stopped for it on our way back to Virginia. Anyway, I found a recipe for it a while back and promised I would make it for him. The dough is a two-day process and the "gravy" (sauce) has to simmer for an hour, etc., etc. You have heard that I am not the most patient person and a two-day process makes me crazy, but I did it...
(Candid shot.)
Joe was happy and really appreciated me doing it for him. You are supposed to eat it cold, but he had his first piece while it was still warm. I agree that it was tasty but it wasn't "bready" enough. I remember the "crust" being about an inch thick while this one is only a half-inch. There are only two slices left, so it was still a hit.
Today we are off to Tampa again, for my pre-op appointment with the surgeon and after that one, I see my chiropractor again for another decompression session (lumbar spinal stenosis) on the stretching machine. I think it is really helping, but it only lasts about a day or so before the pain comes back. I really don't want to start getting needles in my back but it may come to that. When I get my second new knee, I really want to be done with pain in my limbs so I can at least take a nice walk again. (whining, sorry!) Osteoarthritis ain't for sissies.
That's my weekend report. Thanks for stopping by!
Peace & hugs! God bless!!










Joe's plate pattern looked familiar.... same pattern as mine!! :). Have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteDixie brand... we call it the good china!
DeleteSo happy you made the tomato pie for Joe and I know he was pleased. As for being tired of pain, I can understand. My best friend and I were talking and laughing about being older and having aches and pains here and then there and a new one every day it seems. Hope the decompression helps your back. Have a good Monday.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI've never had tomato pie. I've heard of it but always thought it was a another name for pizza. lol
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
That tomato pie looks delicious, Terri, and I have to admit, I've never heard of it before. Will have to look up a recipe. :)
ReplyDeleteAs for chronic pain, it's the pits! Just when I think my IT band is getting better, it flairs up again for no reason. Have to make myself do the exercises to help it even when it's not hurting.
Have a great day!
I love tomato pie. My son, "Where's the cheese?" Then its not tomato pie, LOL.
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in prayer, Terri. smiles
Tomato pie? I've never heard of it before... eat cold??? I'm so intrigued.
ReplyDeleteHoping our restaurants open up around here soon! Never had tomato pie, but it looks good. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad things are starting to reopen in your area as well as ours. Our little restaurant is open back up here in town, and we have plans to meet some church friends there tomorrow for lunch. Can't wait. I hope it won't be too crowded with only 25% seating. Will be interesting to see how they do it, even with the added outdoor seating. I am glad Joe enjoyed his "tomato pie". I still can't quite get over the idea of eating it cold, but it must be good if it is something so many like so well! You are good wife to make it!! I'm not sure I would have the patience to do that either, over a two day period. Kudos to you!! I hope your appointments go well for your pre-op and chiropractor, etc., and that soon you will have all of this behind you and praying the pain goes away. One step at a time. God is with you and you will be fine. Have a blessed and wonderful week.
ReplyDeleteThat tomato pie looked good to me Terri. I saw your facebook pix. I agree with you about the hair dressers. I have an appt on May 19th. I cannot wait. So glad all is going smoothly with the surgery. Marvin has had two epidurals for his back and they lasted a long time so I hope that is an encouragement.
ReplyDeleteWhat doctor do you go to for the epidural? Pain Mgmt., Primary, Ortho? I need to ask about it.
DeleteI not only hadn't heard about tomato pie … but silly me was imagining something like an apple PIE-pie. 'Still trying to wrap my head around the thought of eating it cold. I'd love to taste it someday, but haven't the knowledge -- or patience.
ReplyDeleteOsteoarthritis definitely ain't for sissies. I really miss being able to visit a chiropractor, but my doc strongly suggests otherwise.
We have that Dixie china too!
ReplyDeleteThe tomato pie looks so good, and I'm impressed with you doing the 2 day process. Joe looks happy.
You are never whiney! I'm thankful you're getting that knee, now to get the back fixed too.
Tomato Pie. I don't think I've ever had that. Does it taste something like pizza?
ReplyDeleteNot really. No cheese. You eat it cold. The sauce is different
Delete... milder.
INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
ReplyDeleteGet $5,500 USD every day, for six months!
See how it works
Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...
Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address::{Silvacardsonline@gmail.com}
We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, we are here for you anytime any day.
Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:
Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD
make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!
The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:: {Silvacardsonline@gmail.com}
Whatsapp:: +13476304164