Saturday, February 29, 2020

Saturday 9...







Thanks to Crazy Sam for this week's questions!  

You can find her and join in HERE!


On the Radio



Saturday 9: On the Radio (1979)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

 






1) The action begins when a letter falls out of the pocket of a brown overcoat. What color is your coat?  I have a light gray windbreaker.  I live in Florida.  I haven't had a coat in years and years.

2) The lyrics ask if it "kinda strikes you sad when you hear our song." We don't want to be sad this Saturday, so we're asking what song makes you happy.  Most music makes me happy but one particular song just doesn't come to mind right now.

3) Right before this song hit the charts, Donna Summer hit the cover of Newsweek. Are there any magazines in your home now? If yes, who is on the cover?  The only magazines we subscribe to now are Reader's Digest and my daily devotional.  I don't have them at hand right now and have no idea what is on the covers.  I did buy a Pioneer Woman magazine at the grocery a while back and Ree was on the front.

4) Donna wrote the lyrics to this song, while producer Giorgio Moroder wrote the tune. Moroder is known as "the father of disco." Is disco a genre you enjoy?  I liked it back in the day and listen when it pops up on the radio but it is not a genre I seek out now.

5) This song got additional airplay throughout the 1980s because the game show, The Price Is Right, played it every time a contestant won a stereo. Today, the most popular audio equipment sold at Best Buy is a soundbar to improve the quality of TV audio. Have you added a soundbar or sound system to your TV?  We had a soundbar about three TVs ago, but do not have one now.

6) Moroder has won two Academy Awards for Best Song. The first was for "Flashdance ... What a Feeling" from Flashdance and the second was for "Take My Breath Away" from Top Gun. Do you have a favorite movie soundtrack?  Not particularly.  My Fair Lady, perhaps, or The King and I.  Any of the Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby, Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor musicals.

7) He grew up in Ortsei, Italy. Located in Northern Italy, the Ortsei economy is fueled by tourists who ski in winter, hike in summer and shop for woodcarvings all year around. Do out-of-towners fund their way to your hometown more often in summer or winter?  Definitely in the winter.  I live in Central Florida... home of many snowbirds.

8) Kourtney Kardashian was born in 1979, the year this record was a hit. Keeping Up with the Kardashians has been on since 2007. Have you ever seen it?  I have never watched that show.

9) Random question -- When getting dressed in the morning, what's the second item of clothing you put on?  My bra.  This could be a little TMI.

Thanks for popping in!  Happy Saturday!

Peace & hugs!  God bless!!

9 comments:

  1. Ha! I was going to say bra, lolol. Thanks for the image, now (just teasing, grin and laughter). Have a great day friend. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite movie soundtrack(s): The Music Man, Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, and Return to Me.

    Enjoy your weekend, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri we call Keeping up With the Kardashians, Keeping up with the Kartrashians.lol We think we are very funny. I did watch that show once or twice and that is how I came up with the name.lol I do wish the only coat I had was a windbreaker. But the sun is shining and warmer temps are up for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Fair Lady … King and I -- yessss! I love old Broadway tunes.
    Ugh. I recall those snowbirds. Both in Florida and Arizona. Great for the local economy, but not so much for commuters. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you.... though I heard you have been having a bit of a cold snap and not so great weather..... soon, very soon winter will be a memory up here....
    I too love the oldies.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think any of us liked Keeping up with the Kardashians. Makes me wonder who does want to keep up? hahahaha Probably young people. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) I'm with you on number 9.
    No disco or Kardashians here either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love music too - but when asked - my mind goes blank!
    I don't own a coat either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Favorite soundtrack? Sound of Music!
    Blessings, Terri!

    ReplyDelete