This is the front of the doctor's office, where I work part-time.
Every now and then I would catch movement in the window and finally
caught a sandhill crane walking by - and looking in! LOL
This photo is bad because of the dark trees, but he is right under my lettering.
Going to the house from the front gate at the farm (Joe's client).
The cattle were everywhere! I love it!!
Of course, I had apples and carrots for the birds and horses.
These three are my snack buddies!!
I gave Arya an apple slice. She carried it around, then dropped it.
Fruit is not her thing!
We get this at Mazzaro's Italian Market whenever they have it.
We first encountered sweet blood oranges when we were in Italy.
SO good!! Grab some if you ever see it in the jelly aisle!
Back to the sandhills. They were out as a family of three when I left
the office yesterday. The photos aren't great, but I was happy to see
them together. I'm sure there was a fourth one at some time and
am sad to think about what might have happened to the other baby.
I always see them as a family of four.
They wander along the sidewalk at the business condo, The one, above, was
off to the right of our front door and the other two (can only see one) were off
to the left of our front door.
A few minutes later, I was leaving, and there they were, in the
retention ditch by the BUSY highway. Crazy birds!
I am thrilled to have four days off!! We have errands to run, Helen and Cheryl are coming over after church on Sunday for pulled pork BBQ and our community is having a pot-luck lunch on Monday. They will provide hotdogs, hamburgers, and ribs while everyone else brings sides. I'm making a broccoli/rice casserole. We are sharing a table with Al & Theresa and Mic & Laura. It will be great fun!!
Thanks for your visit today!! Peace & hugs!!
God bless!!










I haven't seen the jelly, but I can usually get blood oranges at our groceries during the winter months. I love them! That sweet little pup is looking like she's wondering why you don't have any bones to pass out. The cranes are cool! I've never seen them hanging out like that. Enjoy your long weekend!
ReplyDeleteWow, I have never seen cranes in person! They would cause quite a stir wandering around the streets of Philly. How cool that you get to see them all the time. The pictures of the farm are just great. You will have to bring something next time for that sweet little pup.
ReplyDeleteReally wonderful photos this week. Thanx.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
You can order that Stonewall Kitchen jellies online. They are from Maine...my friend who also used to live in Maine gave me a big jar or Blueberry Jam from there. It's good stuff. Oh, I love your Sandhill Crane Family...such fun to watch. They do get too close to the road, however. We have traffic jams in Salt Springs because of them...LOL. They are hard to see until you are right on them because they blend in with the road. I sure don't want to hit one. I love your cows, horses, doggie and the farm in general. What a highlight to your week!! Have a blessed Memorial Day weekend. We have some friends coming down from GA on Monday to spend the night on their way to Orlando for a conference. It will be fun. Other than that, no specific plans. May go help Benton with their yard sale again this weekend...
ReplyDeleteLove the photos. HGTV has been showing a lot of Florida shows and Dave asked did I miss it? Nope. We've been gone far too long...honestly, I am not a humidity or hurricane kind of girl-lol. He was like, but aren't you tired of the cold and snow? Sometimes. But, I get to live it by visiting here and through Barbara's blog. Smiles
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good Memorial Day Celebration at your community Terri!! I love the fellowship yall have there.
ReplyDeleteLove all your pics. Those cranes are neat.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun weekend ahead. Have a great time!
Loved the photos of the Sand Hill cranes, Terri, and it sounds like you all have a fun weekend planned. Happy Memorial Day!
ReplyDeleteLooking good... wonderful pics and love blood oranges too. Hard to find here. Have a super great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI do miss the sandhill cranes. My ex and I used to feed them Boars Head hot dogs. Your weekend plans sound like such fun! 4 days off … yeay!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the weekend. I bet that blood orange marmalade is really good. I just love cows. There is something about their faces. I always get a kick out of watching them.
ReplyDeleteThe Sand Hill Cranes are so funny. When they turn sideways, they can hardly be seen!!
ReplyDeleteYour weekend plans sound great. I'm baking a cake (from a boxed mix) for the sheer pleasure of not having to follow the High Altitude instructions any more!!!!
Our Glee Club will be singing (at 8am!!!) on Memorial Day at the presentation by the Veteran's Club. Beloved bought himself a new USAF hat and T-shirt for the occasion.
I loved marching in the Memorial Day parade when I was in high school band. It is a favorite memory of mine, doing echo taps in the cemetery. Will you be able to sing that early in the morning? (winking) I rarely make a cake from scratch though I do embellish the mixes now and then! Have a great time singing!!
DeleteI enjoyed your photos - it looks hot like here though. Have a great four days! sandie
ReplyDeleteOH my gosh - those cranes - that's so funny! I can see where they would grab your attention!
ReplyDeleteHave a great long weekend!!!
Have a great holiday weekend.
ReplyDeleteThe crane looking in your office window made me smile! Checking you out!
ReplyDelete