1. On December 5, 1901, Walt Disney was born. Have you been to Disneyland or Disney World? Can you share a favorite Disney memory? I have been to Disney World many times. We live 45 minutes from the Florida Mouse! The best Disney memories for me are from the times we took the grandkids there!! We had season passes when Lauren & Tristan were little, for Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Busch Gardens. Florida residents get discounts and back then they weren't quite as expensive as now. Lauren is now 29 and Tristan is 22. It's been a long time ago.
Probably my favorite memory with the kids was actually at Universal Studios when I was chosen to go on stage at a special effects make-up demonstration. They made it look like my hand was stabbed with a knife and was bleeding. It was pretty cool and the kids thought it was fun seeing grandma on stage. I was supposed to scream and act scared... not sure I was a good actor, but it was still fun. Sorry, this memory isn't from Disney!! I have always liked Universal better.
2. The first roller coaster attraction at Walt Disney World was Space Mountain. Do you/did you like roller coasters? I loved roller coasters and went on Space Mountain many times. As an old lady with heart issues and bad knees, I don't go on any rides that shake me up too much. My favorite roller coaster was at Hollywood Studios (was called MGM Studios), called the Rockin' Roller Coaster. So fun!!
3. The very first fairy tale that Walt Disney made a cartoon about was Little Red Riding Hood. Did you enjoy fairy tales when you were a youngster or did they scare you? They didn't scare me. Did you have a favorite? I don't know that I had a favorite 'fairy tale' but I loved Mary Poppins (long before the movie adaptation).
4. In Lady & the Tramp, Tramp’s real name was Butch! Do you have nicknames for your fur-babies and/or for your children? Our cats all have alternate names that they don't answer to, but Vinny gets called Bugger Boy, Lilly gets called Little Tubby, and Lucy is called Diva Girl. As for our boys... Jeff was called Chet by his friends in school because there was another Jeff on the basketball team and he just told them to call him Chet. Our Joe is always referred to as Joey to distinguish between him and his dad.
5. I can’t let this day go by without respecting George H.W. Bush, as he lays in state in the Rotunda of our Capital today. He was our 41st President and only the second father to have a son follow him as President of the United States. President Bush loved his colorful socks. I bought Joe a pair of George H.W. Bush socks for Christmas one year. I know Myra has a pair… any other bloggers checking in today who have a pair of the Presidential socks in a drawer at home? You already know that Joe has a pair. How do you feel about colorful socks? I like them and think they are fun!
These are the socks (and tie) President Bush will be buried in.
These are like the ones I gave to Joe. He does wear them,
by the way!
6. Please tell us something random about your week! Work is going okay. A few things came up this week that I was happy they did while Kim was there to explain the process. We had lab work to leave in a box for pick-up by the local Quest Labs and the Biohazard waste people came by to collect the biowaste, so I got to see how that is done. I only have today and tomorrow left with her, though she did tell me to call her any time. She also knows about Joe's health issues and offered to come in and sub if the need arises. Very sweet lady. I am blessed!!
Thanks for your visit today!! If you joined in on the Medley, please link-up with us below so we can all visit!!
Peace & hugs!! God bless!!





Wishing you well in your new job. I like your answers - especially the Universal Studio one.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I always thought Disney would be fun, but we just never made it and I guess now we never will. Most everyone I know liked Universal or Epcot the best. Cute nicknames all. I'm glad your job is going well and that you have a sweet lady to back you up, if needed. Thank you for the Medley.
ReplyDeleteI have been to both Disneyland in Calif. and Disney World. I am not a rider of rides but enjoyed seeing my children have fun on them. So glad your job is going well and sounds like the nice lady is willing to step in when necessary.
ReplyDeleteI am so looking forward to Disney with the grandchildren! My daughter has all these plans and our time in the park looks like a spreadsheet for an attack in war! I am going to be exhausted! But happily so!
ReplyDeleteI made it on Wednesday this week! LOL The only fairy tale that scared me was Hansel and Gretel. I thought the rest of them were silly. Disney is not on my fan list and while I'm not all about princesses I do like it when they portray theirs to be strong and independent. Did you coasters ever arrive?
ReplyDeleteNot yet, Pam. I thought I would give them another day before asking for some tracking info.
DeleteBest wishes for continued success in your new position. I worked with a lot of Docs... Do your best and if there is too much stress move along!! Some can be very difficult to work with. :) Others are real sweethearts... but rare!
ReplyDeleteThat is so interesting that all of your cats have alternate names!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that your work is going okay and that Kim has been so helpful to you, even being willing to come in and sub on occasion if necessary. God is so good!
We went to Disney World on our Honeymoon and we took our kids when they were little. Charles who was three says he has no memory of it.lol I would like to go to Harry Potter World as I am a big HP fan.
ReplyDeleteWe love Disney. We haven't been in a few years.
ReplyDeleteGlad your job is going well.
Have a great day!
We took the kids to Universal in Jan. of 2017 and they definitely seemed to like it more than Disney. We are planning a trip to Disney, however, next November so it will be interesting to see.
ReplyDeleteI like to buy fun socks for people at Christmastime. I don't wear my wild ones quite as often as I did when we lived in cold country. Since they are for winter holidays, they tend to migrate to the bottom of the drawer, and I don't need any socks as much as I used to.
ReplyDeleteYou know, I was wondering if Kim would be available to sub, should you need her. What a sweet gesture! I, too, prefer Universal to Disney … but I'm so thankful those days are behind me since ticket prices are becoming almost prohibitive!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day, Terri … you've got this!
Thanks for hosting as always!!! I never knew about the presidential socks - such a cool thing!
ReplyDeleteThis is a very fun post! And I don't want you to be shocked...but I've never been! When I have a choice of going there or to the beach, I always choose the beach. But one of these days it would be fun to go! I know! Holiday hugs!
ReplyDeleteYesterday was crazy for me so I never got on the computer; therefore, I am late getting in on today's Medley. But, it is always so much fun, I didn't want to miss out. I am so glad your job is going well and it sounds like you have some very nice folks with whom to work. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI love Lady and the Tramp, such a cute story. I also loved, notice past tense, roller coasters. I've never been to the Disney Parks, instead going to Six Flags over Texas and Astroworld. Love the socks...rip President Bush.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed reading your answers today. My oldest daughter and her family loved Disney for years when their kids were really young. Now they are 14 & 12 and LOVE them some Universal. They buy season passes each year. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteOur family is definitely Disney addicts and we are hoping to pass that along to our little grandson. Gigi is doing her part by sending him Disney stuff all the time. lol To live only 45 minutes away would be so fun. I'd get season's passes too.
ReplyDeleteMy grands that live in TN have been to Disney World several times in their young lives...their Nana used to live near Orlando so it was convenient for her to take them there when they visited. As for me, I have never been one for amusement parks in general. Glad the new job is going well! Thanks for hosting...this is always fun!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear the job is working out well and you have back up if needed. Thanks for the questions and your answers.
ReplyDeleteI've never been to Disney World, can you believe that? I do love roller coasters.
ReplyDeleteGlad the job is going well and I think it's wonderful that Kim would be willing to come in if needed.
Thank-you so much for sharing about the Presidential socks! I had no idea about that! Such great information!
ReplyDeleteI am glad your job is going well! That is awesome! Loved your answers! Happy Wednesday!
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Yes. Politics aside (and before I was born), presidential socks gives George H. W. Bush an endearing quality.
DeleteSounds like you're settling into your new job just fine! It has to be a comfort to know that she'll come in if you need her. Hopefully that won't happen.
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting!