Hodgepodge
Questions-Volume 355
A big thank you to our hostess, Joyce, for this week’s Hodgepodge! She gives us some fun questions to answer and
we link up back on her blog HERE to share our views with other Hodgepodgers!
1. What happens to the mail at your house? Most of it goes in the trash.
2. Something you always splurge on? Eating out. Any guilt associated with the splurge? A little more now that I am retired and have plenty of time to cook. Not so much when I was working. I’m not a shopper, so I had to go with eating out.
3. There are many, but what are two important questions you think every bride and groom should ask/answer before they plan their walk down the aisle? How well do you communicate? You must be able to talk to each other about anything and everything. Is s/he your best friend?
4. What's the best advice your father ever gave you? He made me know how to change a tire and check the oil in the car before I was allowed to drive by myself. I guess that boils down to “be prepared” for any situation that might occur in life. Before I could take the boat out on the lake by myself, I had to know what to do when the motor stopped (and how to row back to the dock if I couldn’t get it started again). Be prepared.
5. Your favorite movie where a father features heavily in the storyline? I don’t necessarily call it a favorite, but it’s the only one I could think of. Father of the Bride, with Steve Martin.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I am writing this on Tuesday afternoon, waiting for our company to get here. Looking forward to a few more days with family!!
Thanks again to Joyce for her
questions this week! Thanks to you for
stopping by!! Peace & hugs!!

I enjoyed your answers, Terri. Hope you have a lovely visit with family. smiles
ReplyDeleteI've only stopped by 2 blogs so far and both of you said "Father of the Bride" for your favorite dad movie. I know I saw it once years ago,but it apparently didn't impress me because I didn't love it and I can't remember anything about it. Maybe I should try it again now that I'm older?
ReplyDeleteMy Daddy made us learn to work on the farm. I guess it will come in helpful if I ever have to raise my own food. My splurge is a massage or a pedicure. They are little luxuries I enjoy.
ReplyDeleteMy stepfather made me learn how to change a tire too. After I did he laughed and said my tire would come off when I pulled away cause I couldn't get the lug nuts tight enough so not to bother and wait for help. lol Luckily I've never had to do it.
ReplyDeleteSounds like your father was wise and practical! I'm not a shopper either and find it extremely boring. Sorry I'm so seldom here. It has everything to do with avoiding sitting. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday, Terri, and enjoy your company.
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy this weekend with you friends. Good movie choice.
ReplyDeleteIf wishes were horses … well, I'd eat 'out' every day!
ReplyDeleteYour dad preparedness tips were great! I'm thinking that was way before it was fashionable for a 'lady' to know these things … but I wish my own dad had done the same. Silly, but I'm even terrified to put air in my car's tires.
Great advice to the bride and groom, and I sure wish my Dad had prepared me better for car ownership. Enjoy time with family, Terri! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI think many times about letting the gray loose, but don't know if I could deal with the different texture. Enjoy your company. Looks like your place is the place to be for the summer! Good times. Most of our mail is junk, too.
ReplyDeleteI discovered inexpensive Alberto VO5 for blonde, gray or white hair. A pea-size dollop keeps mine soft, non-frizzy, and manageable. It is less than $5.00 for a tube that lasts several months.
DeleteIt was fun reading your answers to these questions, Terri. That's great that your father taught you those practical things. I'm 57 years old, and I still don't know how to change a tire or check the oil. I rely a little too heavily on my husband, I guess.
ReplyDeleteI like to eat out too. Now that the kids are grown and out of the house, and it's only the 2 of us, it's cheaper to go out than it used to be. Paying for 2 meals instead of 4 makes it seem like we're really saving money. LOL
All the hodgepodgers talk about their mail going into the trash. Truly, we could probably save a million trees by eliminating all the junk that no one reads anyhow.
Another round of company...enjoy!!
Blessings,
Patti
Sounds like your Dad was practical and yes it's good to know how to do those things. I know what needs to be done to change a tyre but unfortunately I wouldn't have the brute strength to get the bolts undone! A lot of our mail ends up in the trash but at least it gets recycled. I had a friend who would gather it up and then use a return paid junk envelope and send it back lol. Enjoy your visitors!
ReplyDeleteI suppose we splurge on eating out, although less so now that we're out at the lake. There aren't as many options for something better than what I cook at home and you can't beat the view : ) Enjoy your company!
ReplyDeleteI think it is great that your Dad taught you so much when you were growing up. I didnt have my Dad in my life, so I missed out on those things.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading the questions and your answers sweet Terri. Hugs
ReplyDeleteMost of our mail goes in the trash too.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite movie that features a Father is 'It's a Wonderful Life' I guess it's not so much about being a Father, but it does factor in.
Sure hope you enjoy your guest.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on
Your dad is a wise man. More fathers should prepare their daughters for the realities of life. Eating out is a splurge for SWMBO and I too. Since she retired we have had to tighten our belts and so going out to eat is a real treat. Have a great week and stay cool.
ReplyDeleteIsn't that the truth anymore - that most of the mail goes into the trash. So much waste!
ReplyDeleteI do love Father of the Bride!