Monday, March 27, 2017

Weekend Recap on Monday...


I was happy when Saturday arrived.  My 'procedure' went well on Friday, but it sure makes for a long two days.  The slight inconvenience and discomfort are a small price to pay for maintaining a healthy colon! Ha!  It's true and if you haven't had one yet, you really should get one scheduled.

Saturday saw more unpacking and organizing. Sometimes it seems like it will never end, but I know it will. Reading blogging friend Joyce's statement that they are still unpacking and settling in after four months in their new home makes me feel a little better.  Thanks for that, Joyce!

Saturday evening, we were invited to our friends, Mike & Mary Ellen's for dinner.  Mike prepared corned beef and cabbage for a late St. Patrick's Day celebration.  It was delicious.  We hadn't seen them for months and months (other than on Facebook) so it was sure good to catch up with them.  They live about five minutes away now and welcomed us to the neighborhood.  We ended up being there four hours!  Good conversation and some ice cream drizzled in a liqueur for dessert made for a lovely evening.

Sunday found Joe working on clients' tax returns. He finished three. I emptied two more boxes before starting to feel a little overwhelmed. I'm tired.  Joe says it is still the residuals of the anesthesia.  I'm older and don't bounce back quite as quickly as before, I guess.  I stopped and we watched basketball.

The cats were sleeping on the bed all afternoon. You can see the medium blue curtains I got for the windows. We are happy with the look and evidently so are the cats!  This is as close to each other as they get.


I did get the laundry done!!

We have a busy week ahead, including a birthday celebration for our friend, Helen, on Wednesday evening and dinner with our friends, Teena and Randy, on Friday evening.  I also have a chiropractor appointment on Wednesday afternoon. Oh, and of course there is work (for four more months). Among other things, I need to do payroll this week. Can't let that go!

Wishing you a good week ahead! Thanks for your visit!  Peace & hugs.



17 comments:

  1. These 4 months are going to go fast, Terri...smiles---keeping you in prayer.

    I love those drapes....smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely weekend. Your bedroom looks great! The blue curtains are perfect for that bedspread! Good choice! I remember those days of working and doing payroll and trying to move and unpack and keep up with the rest of my life at the same time. My hat goes off to you and my heart goes out to you. These next 4 months will fly by, and God will give you the grace and strength you need to get through it all. Then when you retire you will wonder how you ever had time for work! Just pace yourself. Rome wasn't built in a day...and they had slaves to do all the work! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in your bedroom...so peaceful. I know you are glad to have the testing behind you and that corned beef and cabbage sounded yummy. Hey anything is good when you do not have to cook it yourself.lol Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty colors in your bedroom. That's so cute that the cats each take a corner. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm tired of packing! I've tried not to think about the other end - the unpacking part - but I know I'll be tired of that too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the comforter on your bed but the "accessories" are the best! 🐱🐱🐱

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get a colonoscopy scheduled... my dad (who had colon cancer) is on me constantly for it. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home's really coming together, isn't it? Very restful colors.
    I think it's so cool that you and Joe both enjoy the company of other couples. There is, of course, Tom's friends and MY friends, but we've not yet discovered any OUR friends.
    Your new week sounds really enjoyable!


    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bedroom looks like a calming retreat. Things seem to be coming along nicely...one step at a time. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Four months till retirement.... four months to get completely unpacked, then you can really enjoy your laid back life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a nice time with your new neighbors, Terri. And those kitties! At least they'll lie in the same bed - if they have to. That's so funny. Have a great week. Glad your procedure is behind you. (Sorry, that wasn't intentional, honest!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your husband is correct about the cause for the tiredness. That does a number on your body.
    The room looks so pretty. Blue is my favorite color. I love that the cats are all on the same bed. That says something about them liking each other. Two of our three can barely tolerate being in the same room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Four more months and you'll be a lady of leisure!! NOt...there seems to always be something to do, difference will be, you can do it on your own timeline!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bedroom looks good and I really like the drapes. Retirement will soon be here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the curtains! Those cats. They look so comfy. It is an inviting room, for sure. Reni and Evan are feeling your unpacking pain right now and Claudia and Ben will be feeling it next week when they move into their new home. I told Reni it's best to go slow instead of throwing things here and there because you'll have everything right where you need/want it to be. So she's stopped worrying about getting it done and just taking it slow. Who wants to move things around more than once? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you had the sense to stop when you'd done enough. You'll get everything done eventually. You need a fourth cat for the other corner of the bed lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Things will all be done eventually. Like the cat you need to take a break. I love your quilt. Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete