Thanks to Samantha for this week's Saturday 9. I love Debbie Reynolds in the Tammy movies.
Tammy
Saturday 9: Tammy (1957)
In celebration of Debbie Reynolds
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1. In this song, Tammy sings of being able to hear "the breeze from the bayou." What sounds can you hear as you answer these questions? The TV is on HGTV House Hunters. A breeze from the bayou would sure be better!
2. This week's song was the theme of a popular movie about a girl who grew up on a houseboat in Mississippi. Looking back on 2016, did you spend much time on or around water? Around water...yes. I live in LAKEland, Florida. There is a lake every few miles in whichever direction you drive. We also have a pool (for a couple more months, anyway!).
3. In addition to being an Oscar-nominated actress, this week's artist, Debbie Reynolds, was a big movie fan. She amassed an amazing cache of movie memorabilia. Do you collect anything? Not so much anymore. Too much stuff!!
4. Though she never won a competitive Oscar for acting, Debbie Reynolds was awarded the Academy's Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award earlier this year for 60 years of charity work. While she supported many causes throughout her life, one she was closest to was The Girl Scouts. She was not only a Scout herself, she was a leader when daughter Carrie was young and a fundraiser throughout her life. Were you ever in Boy or Girl Scouts? I was in Camp Fire Girls, but my sisters were Girl Scouts and my mom was a leader.
| Thanks for playing Sat 9 in 2016 |
7. According to the National Insurance Bureau, more cars are stolen on New Year's Eve than any other single day. Are you confident your vehicle(s) will be safe and sound this Saturday night? Mine is in the garage. Joe's is in the driveway and it would be fine if someone wanted to steal an 11-year old Kia Spectra! LOL
8. Do you have any New Year's Resolutions for 2017? I never make resolutions.
9. Looking back on 2016, what surprised you? Nothing really surprised me.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
Thanks for peeking in today! Happy New Year!! Peace & hugs!



I enjoyed almost everything Debbie Reynolds was in, and she will be missed. Wishing you and Joe the best New Year ever. Sending a big Tennessee hug and love.
ReplyDeleteI loved Debbie Reynolds also. I think she died of a broken heart on losing her daughter Carrie Fisher. After all she was 84 and it was a shock to her as well as the rest of us. Happy New Year, Terri and Joe! Hope you have a wonderful 2017 full of GOOD changes.
ReplyDeleteWe enjoy quiet New Year's Eves around here, too, though this year we are going to be with friends. I liked your answer about the cars....I almost wish someone would take Hubby's truck and get that elephant off our backs!
ReplyDeleteWishing you both a Happy New Year....I am so eagerly awaiting your move news, smiling. Keeping you in prayer, friend.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you + Joe!
ReplyDeleteIt's so sad that Debbie Reynolds has now passed on. I feel like I've watched an era leave. *sigh* Must be old age.
ReplyDeleteI grew up on the coast in Titusville, Florida. We spent nearly all our time on or near the water.
Collecting things is not my cup of tea. It would just more junk I have to dust or worry about. *giggle* I do like books, though.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Luv ~:)
I think I've seen all of her movies, she was a wonderful entertainer. Happy New Year to you and Joe.
ReplyDeleteI was not really of an age to remember her films but I loved her in Halloweentown.:) I hope you and Joe have a blessed 2017 Terri!!
ReplyDelete'Still stunned and saddened about Debbie Reynolds. I never knew she was 'into' Scouting! (Yes, I was a GS, and before that a Brownie.)
ReplyDeleteWe're meeting blog-friend Betty and her hubby for lunch today, but wouldn't go out tonight on a bet. Too many crazies, plus Ohio State and Clemson are in town for the Fiesta Bowl.
Wishing y'all a very Happy and Safe New Years!
Years ago, my niece Sara marched with her high school band in the Fiesta Bowl when Ohio State played that year (?). I have pictures of my brother and the family who all traveled there to watch her and OSU. We were excited for them, but they never show the bands on TV.
DeleteHappy New Year Terri! I think 2017 is going to be exciting for you and Joe - retirement and a move!
ReplyDeleteThe Carrie Fisher/Debbie Reynolds deaths are both sad. It's nice they did this as a tribute.
My Mom named me after Debbie Reynolds. She told me that she always thought she was so pretty. Her Momma's heart was broken. :'(
ReplyDelete