It's Friday and that means linking up with Deb, over at Breathing In Grace, for Friday Foto Friends!
Today I have only one new photo to share, but it will go with an older one for a cute story.
This is a new picture of our diva kitty, Lucy.
I caught her on the third shelf of our bookshelf. Love the look on her face!
We never gave it a thought, but when we adopted Vinny, we suddenly realized we had named two of our cats after Joe's Aunt Lucy and Uncle Vince!
Uncle Vince has been gone awhile and Aunt Lucy passed a few years ago. She was a typical Italian woman. You knock on the door for a visit and blink your eyes - the food is on the table. Mounds of food, even though you just ate. I loved her so much and she was so good to me. She was Dad D'Orsaneo's youngest sister. He sponsored her when she came here from Italy back in the 1940s. Joe remembers helping her learn English. I think she would laugh at the names of our cats.
Now this photo below is from a long time ago. One might think it was a really long time ago. Dinosaurs!! With all the theme parks around us here in central Florida, not many people know about Dinosaur World. It is actually a fun place to visit and is very educational too. That is our Tristan, about to be eaten by that huge creature! He had a great time that day and so did I.
Thanks for your visit today! Celebrating Friday and shaking my head that October is here already. Peace & hugs!!


Lucy is so so pretty...love her color. I can imagine the fun at the Dinosaur World park. Hope your Friday is good and your weekend, even better! How did it get to October...it was just spring! lol
ReplyDeleteOh, mercy, I agree....how can it already be the last day of September? I'll get my fall decorations out about the time others start putting up Christmas lights. LOL Love your fur babies names. That look on her face is one of getting caught. Thanks for sharing today on FFF....happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteno way is it the last day of September, smiles. Enjoyed your Friday Fotos. Have a beautiful day friend.
ReplyDeleteLucy is so pretty. My son would have loved Dinosaur World when he was younger.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
That Lucy looks like a diva kitty.she is gorgeous. And I love the story about naming your cats after family members. My cousin had some chickens and he named them Granddaddy and Grandmother. Well a fox or some critter got them one night and my cousin ran in the house, Grandmother and Granddaddy are DEAD!! Fortunaltey we knew he was talking about his chickens.lol
ReplyDeleteThat's funny!
DeleteYou almost persuade me to become a cat person! Love the story of Joe's aunt. We have a dinosaur world not too far from here and I think we should take the grandkids to see it. That one behind Tristan is a big one!
ReplyDeleteAnother Florida person! Just sold my house and down here for the duration. Hot Hot Hot.....
ReplyDeleteANywhere near Lakeland? I love meeting my blogging friends in person! We've been here 27 years and love it.
DeleteDown Punta Gorda way!!
DeleteWe go right through there when we go to Naples to visit with family. Will have to stay in touch!!
DeleteI love that your cats are named after such lovely/loving people! I hope your cats are just as loving as they were! I did not know about Dinosaur world. Where is that? Since I don't have any young grandchildren I probably won't ever get to go there, but I would think it would be fascinating. Thanks for sharing...love these pictures and stories.
ReplyDeleteIt's right off I-4 between Plant City and Tampa. You can't miss the signs and the dinosaurs!
DeletePretty cat. I know what you mean about accidentally naming the furry kids after family. I did that with Aunt Ruthie and my favorite miniature schnauzer mix Ruthie. It didn't occur to me I had done that.
ReplyDeleteI remember Dinosaur World. Thought it would be long gone by now. Glad to hear it's still around.
Have a blessed day. ~:)
They have actually expanded! It really is a fun place and I know a few adults who go without the little ones.
DeleteI love the story of Lucy and Vinny. So the stereotypical Italian woman really is like Lydia Bastianich? (sp?) I love that. Food is just such a welcoming, friendly gesture, isn't it. The look on Lucy the cat's face is priceless! LOL Have a great weekend, you two. xo
ReplyDeleteI would have loved Aunt Lucy, I loved everything you told us about her. There are some people that always make you feel welcome, she sounds like one of them. Diva Lucy looks like she's found her throne room up on shelf three! She is a beauty. Have a great weekend!!
ReplyDeleteI had an Uncle Vince and Aunt Lucy! Actually, they were my mom's cousins but back in the day when you didn't call folks by their first name, but you knew them too well to call them Mr. and Mrs. It was a common practice around here.
ReplyDeleteLove your kitty's face. She is very pretty and cats and books go together.
Doesn't everyone wish at sometime or another they had a real Italian mama? ... or auntie? Lucky ducks! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty rich about your kitties' names, Terri. Our 'girls' were each given middle names belonging to our mothers: Grace Evelyn and Macie Ann. Some people scoff at giving animals middle names but that's OK; I think it's odd they only gave their sons one!