Monday, June 6, 2016

Weekend Recap on Monday....




We are getting ready to be hit by Tropical Storm Colin, or at least the outer bands of it.  I've seen eight inches of rain predicted for us over the next two days.  It is the season now....


We slept late on Saturday, but when Joe woke up he had to tell me about a dream he had.  You see, we have been marathon watching "Where The Heart Is" on Acorn TV.  It's a really good drama.  There are four seasons out and we are 1/3 through season four.  Loving it.  SO....Joe's dream.  He said he was driving along and was stopped at a light when he was rear-ended by another car.  He looked in the rear-view mirror and it was Peggy Snow driving the car that hit him.  She is one of the main characters in the show!  He went on to say that it happened here in the USA, not in Yorkshire because she was driving a car with the steering wheel on the left side rather than the right.  We had to laugh!


That's Peggy Snow, in the first row and first on the left-hand side.

We decided to drive over to Brandon (35 miles away, toward Tampa) and get lunch at Portillo's. We loved it our first visit and have been thinking about how good it was.  We weren't disappointed the second time. Yum, yum, yum.  Then we popped over to the Brandon Town Center Mall, which is HUGE.  We picked up some things we needed...and didn't know we needed until we saw them...at Bed Bath and Beyond. Love that store.


 It was too late to get home for our usual Vigil Mass, so we popped in at Nativity, there in Brandon, for their 4:00 Vigil Mass.  It was our first time visiting there. A lovely church and Parish.  We enjoyed it, even though I left twice with coughing spells.  Always when it is quiet....always.  So embarrassing.  I feel fine, but this stupid cough is going to be with me for another week or so (so I'm being told by those who went through it too).


Sunday was another sleep-in morning, though we were up around 8:30, instead of Saturday's 9:45.  I made us a big breakfast (bacon, eggs, fried potatoes with peppers and onions, and toast - coffee and orange juice). We took our time over the Sunday paper.  Joe volunteered to make a run to Publix for a few things, including a couple of his prescriptions that were ready at the pharmacy), while I started the laundry. We thought we would get in the pool and try to get a little sun but the rain started and the sun went behind the clouds.  Guess what we did instead!!  More "Where The Heart Is"!!

Yesterday was my sister, Tammy's birthday.  She turned 55!!  Whew!  How can my baby sister be that old?  We had a good talk, catching up.  Last weekend was Bruce's birthday and they had a party for him.  Tam sent me this picture of Bruce with their newest great-grandson.  Bruce looks SO good and is doing so well.  We are thrilled that he continues to recover from his two strokes.


Back to work today. Another week ahead.  Your visit is appreciated!! I wish you all a good week!  Peace & hugs!!


18 comments:

  1. sounds like a nice weekend. hope your sister enjoyed her birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baby is just adorable!!! Glad you had a restful weekend. Prayers for no flooding with all that rain. HOPE your Monday goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that rain Texas has been having, looks like you'll be soaking in it for a few days now. Lovely weekend for all of you. Stay dry, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That baby is just plum adorable...nice to see Bruce and Happy Birthday to your sister...y'all stay safe and keep us posted on that storm. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brother-in-law looks like he is doing great..what a sweet photo! Your weekend sounded great! I love when when I find a show that I want to binge watch! It's like when you are in the middle of a really good book! Have a wonderful week ahead, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for some good sleep in days.
    I've never heard of that show.
    That little baby's hat... I love a hat on a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am intrigued by that series....where do I find it Terri?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watch it through our Roku, on Acorn TV. You can probably find it on-line though. Google it and see what comes up.

      Delete
    2. http://www.tvmuse.com/tv-shows/Where-the-Heart-Is_38811/

      Try this...only 4 seasons are on Acorn right now. This seems to have all 10.

      Delete
  8. I rejoice with you over the good news of your brother-in-law, Bruce. That is too funny about the dream. I dream crazy dreams like that and I love it when I remember them the next day. I always find something at BBB too. Hope you don't get hit too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not familiar with that show but plan on taking a look! Hope the storm doesn't bring you any flooding or wind damage. Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I'm feeling the need for a Portillo's fix. I make Tom - a Chicago native - do my ordering for me. :)

    We just heard the news of TS Colin a little while ago. Having lived in the Bay area so long, I hope this is much media-hype and the coast isn't in any real danger. Sending well-wishes & prayers!

    PS - Having suffered with chronic bronchitis most of my life, I recently discovered sipping on pretty warm water (just shy of hot) really lessens that urge to 'bark.'

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heard about the storm this morning on the news and wondered if it would hit you. Stay safe!
    Dreams are so funny, aren't they?
    It's so good to see these good reports on Bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dreams seem so real, and funny Joe's was related to the series you are watching...lol You had a busy, but nice weekend. That cough does hang on and on, but surely for not much longer. It was good to hear that Bruce is doing so well, with what he has been through. Pray that awful storm goes away sooner, than later.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely a good show to watch. Nice to see our TV doing well. Hope the rain doesn't give too many problems

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Hope you don't get hit with TS Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! So good to catch up with you. I'm still not in the habit of checking here again everyday...please be patient with me.

    ReplyDelete