Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 269
1. I read here a list of 13 things you should do in June. I'm paraphrasing a little but basically...
Go on a road trip with your best friend, pick fresh strawberries, host a garden party, take a morning run, treat yourself to a flower bouquet, spend a whole day hiking, discover a new coffee shop, try a new ice cream flavor, read at least one book, visit a Farmer's Market, make a swing for your home, and visit a new city.
Which thing on the list do you most want to do? A road trip with Joe. Of the activities mentioned, which one holds the least appeal? A morning run. How many on the list will you attempt in June? Three - the road trip, a new ice cream flavor and visit our Farmer's Market. What's one thing you'd add to the list? Go to the beach (that road trip thing....).
2. What's something you could do today to feel more peaceful? Shut my office door and read my book instead of working on numbers.
3. June 7th is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. Are you a fan? Yes. Swiss mocha, rocky road, chocolate chocolate chip, peanut butter and chocolate, or a dish of plain chocolate...what's your pleasure? Plain chocolate is just fine by me.
4. If you came with a warning what would it say? That label would be much too long to wear...I could be rolled up in it, perhaps. It would include my intolerance for liberal/socialist ideas. We should leave it at that, perhaps.
5.What's the most interesting website you've visited in the last week? www.PolkMuseumofArt.org. You really need to check it out!! :) Actually, I have to say that, but this one was very interesting to me. I posted the link on Facebook and it's not just for kids: http://artcuratorforkids.com/82-questions-to-ask-about-a-work-of-art/
6. Spring, summer, autumn, winter...which season are you? Spring. Why? If this refers to the old MaryKay test for the colors of makeup you should use, I'm a Summer, but Spring is probably my favorite time of year because everything is coming to life again, the air is fresh, and the blooms are beautiful.
7. "You lose sight of things...and when you travel, everything balances out." ~Daranna Gidel
Would you agree with that sentiment? Yes, I agree. Explain why or why not. I know that I get caught up in my own little world of routines. I drive to and from work on the same route, I wear the same clothes week-to-week, I go to the same stores, Joe and I watch the same TV shows and eat the same foods (at home & at restaurants). When you travel - oh my!! Look at what else is out there in the world...even if it's just a state (or city) away. Watch the people, try the food, see the different colors and shapes and flow of things. It is definitely eye-opening and freeing (for me, anyway)!! It does help balance your life. Get up and get away!! I am SO looking forward to retirement!
Would you agree with that sentiment? Yes, I agree. Explain why or why not. I know that I get caught up in my own little world of routines. I drive to and from work on the same route, I wear the same clothes week-to-week, I go to the same stores, Joe and I watch the same TV shows and eat the same foods (at home & at restaurants). When you travel - oh my!! Look at what else is out there in the world...even if it's just a state (or city) away. Watch the people, try the food, see the different colors and shapes and flow of things. It is definitely eye-opening and freeing (for me, anyway)!! It does help balance your life. Get up and get away!! I am SO looking forward to retirement!
8. Insert your own random thought here. I went to lunch yesterday with a co-worker who has only been with us for six months. We met a couple of folks from our local electric company to talk about solar energy and getting 'greener'. It was a great lunch, nice to meet new people and especially nice to hear how our new employee has already soaked in our culture and can speak 'Museum' quite well. I was impressed and pleased and sure did enjoy getting out of my office for lunch, for a change! Speaking of that....
Joe and I are having lunch together tomorrow because we need to renew our passports before they expire in a couple of months. A trip to AAA for our free passport photos, then a trip to the post office to get the process started. We have no plans to use them, but one never knows and I sure don't want to have to produce all that paperwork again, to prove who we are. Whew! I will be sad to lose my one and only stamp...Venice, Italy. Sigh. Hard to believe it's already been almost 10 years since we went to Italy.
Thanks for your visit today!! Happy hump day! Peace & hugs.
Enjoyed your answers Teri. Passports, good move to renew them before they are never needed. And Italy...my dream place to go.
ReplyDeleteWe so agree on most everything you said this morning. I do love to travel but due to Jim's health, we dont do it any more. Am thankful for times past tho! I have never had a passport, and guess it is too late to apply now! Have a super day my dear friend. (close that door and read a little if you can..lol)
ReplyDeleteGiggling over #4 (amen sista'-high fiving, lol)---enjoyed your answers, have a beautiful day.
ReplyDeleteTerri if you find a good book, please tell me. This year the books I have read have been less than sterling. Where are the good books this year? I have read several Best Sellers that may just prove Americans are becoming dumber and too easily entertained.:) And I am like you, I enjoy my little routines. I think they help keep me on an even keel but i understand that every now and then it is good to break out of them for a day or two. Have a good day!!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed "Me Before You" which is out as a movie now. Sad but interesting. I just started "The Secret Life of Violet Grant". So far, so good. If you haven't read the Outlander books, I strongly recommend them and there are eight of them at almost 1000 pages each. Excellent history and great characters!
DeleteI should also say that I read for entertainment only, so I'm not big on biographies, autobiographies or any book that requires me to read a page three times before I get what the author is saying. But, I DO want to be engaged and fall in love with the characters, or at least feel like I know them. I must be entertained, not made to think too hard or work at it too hard.
DeleteI enjoyed your answer to #7. I'd never thought about things in that that way, but I agree.
ReplyDeleteI also like and agree with your "label answer" to #4. I feel the same way.
Have a great day!
Kathy (Reflections)
good answers
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of passport renewals, I think I need to do the same thing. I keep forgetting!I could use a beach trip about now...it's been too long! Enjoy your day, Terri!
ReplyDeleteUgh I let me passport expire years ago. One of these days I should go get a new one.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Love, love, love your answer to #7....I think maybe getting out of our routines helps with dementia/alzheimer's, too...although, I definitely don't have a PHD!!! ;-) HOPE you have a wonderful Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteHubs and I are in agreement we need a beach getaway, but figuring out the when is so tricky. Why is our calendar so complicated in this season of life? I was sure it would be mostly blank-ha!
ReplyDeleteIt is much much better to have the passports ready just in case! Your warning would be mine also as I am weary, tired, angry with the liberalistic/intolerant mindsets that are wreaking havoc now. Your answer about traveling is good, too. Very similar to mine.
ReplyDeleteI need to get a passport. You're right, you just never know when you'll want or have to have one. I'm not a traveler but there are places inside the US that I wouldn't mind visiting. They're all cold places though. LOL SEE you soon! :)
ReplyDeleteReading sounds more fun and peaceful than working with numbers!
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon Terri! Spring is so beautiful in Florida...I love to vacation in Florida during the spring! Your description of traveling is so perfect!! I can't wait until Walt and I retire...I have a bucket list of places I want to see! Have a wonderful Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteApplauding for your response to #4! (... and chewing my cuticles until November.)
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me about the passports. I heard something on our news a while back that some goof-up at the Arizona DMV has resulted in our driver's licenses being ineligible as proof of citizenship by the TSA. Then, believing we'd never travel internationally again, I let my passport expire.
Good warning label! I should have thought to use that one.
ReplyDeleteI had to renew my passport last year before going on the cruise. I accidentally went to a website that was not the official government website. I WASTED $134 on services they were offering that I did not even need. Realized too late. GRRR.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on a road trip and no running! I like the idea of reading instead of number crunching. I think I would like your warning label. :)
ReplyDeleteVicki!! Please come for a visit and we can go for lunch!! Just tell me when! I thought you lived farther north than just 40 minutes.
ReplyDeleteI can sure relate to #4. Also #7. Love your answers. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteGreat answer to #7 and you've reminded me that I need to get my passport done too. I have the photos done so just need to get the form.
ReplyDelete