Five O'Clock World
Saturday 9: Five O'Clock World (1966)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.1. Think back to Friday. Did it fly by? Or did you find yourself checking the clock and wishing it was 5:00? It was just yesterday, and yes, I did check the clock frequently It was a long time coming this week!
2. This song refers to the 5:00 whistle that signifies the end of the work day. What's the last whistle, alarm or
buzzer you heard? Yesterday's alarm clock (at 5:00 a.m.). I don't set the alarm for Saturday unless I have somewhere to go in the early morning.
3. In the 1960s, the Vogues often appeared on TV variety shows to promote their record albums. Do you have the TV on now, as you answer these questions? No, it is not on right now and that is rare. The TV usually runs non-stop when we are home.
4. "Vogue" means "popular or fashionable." Tell us about something that you feel is in vogue today. Well, since I don't care that much about fashion and being in style (too heavy, too old, and too tall for "fashionable" things to fit properly and/or look good), I had to look it up. Vogue Magazine says biker jackets are in vogue. I don't have one, nor do I want one. I would like to find a denim jacket, though! I want to look nice in my clothes, but I must be comfortable.
5. Vogue magazine reported that the big Fall/Winter trend was brocade. Describe the latest addition to your Fall/Winter wardrobe. Joe got me three lovely Alfred Dunner tops for Christmas. Each one has a little bling on it and I really like them! He has good taste and is a better shopper than I am.
6. Vogue editor Anna Wintour is such a difficult boss that disgruntled employees nicknamed her "Nuclear Wintour." What qualities do you think make a good boss? Trusting your staff to do their job; listening to your staff; laughing with your staff!
7. Ms. Wintour was rumored to be the inspiration for the character of Amanda in the book and movie, The Devil Wears Prada. Did you receive any books or movies for Christmas 2015? No. Did you receive any gift cards that you then used for books or movies? No. My books are all on my Kindle now and we quit buying movies when we got our Roku and purchased Netflix.
8. "Vogue" was also a dance, made famous by Madonna in her 1990 hit by the same name. Can you name another Madonna song? Material Girl. Like a Virgin.
9. Random question from a Sat9-er: How organized are your clean clothes? (Stacked in piles, folded neatly in drawers, still in the dryer....?) I hate to iron, so my clean clothes are always hung in the closet and or folded neatly, ready to wear.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us next week for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
Happy Saturday, everyone! Thanks for peeking in today! Peace & hugs.


Terri---I loveeeeeeee your new look here...very pretty and festive, smiles. Enjoyed your answers, have a beautiful day, friend.
ReplyDeleteFun answers! I'm so out of fashion - I have no idea what is the "in" thing right now. For me, does it fit?...am I comfortable? That's about all that matters. I also hang my clothes. The only thing I iron are quilt pieces I'm sewing. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteI only wear jeans + tees. Guess I will never be in fashion. lol
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
I'm so not fashionable...just like what I like. And, I'm not an ironer (is that a word???) either . I use my iron mostly when sewing or crafting. Happy Saturday!! HOPE you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI am not now, nor have I ever been in style. I tend to dress down rather than up and flashy. Browns, blacks and navy are my friends. I change the tops tho, and it is nice you have 3 new ones to use.
ReplyDeleteWhen I finally catch up with a trend, it is usually on its way out, i.e., skinny jeans. Now flared pants are coming back. Oh well. How sweet that Joe picks out clothes for you. I like that.
ReplyDeleteI remember hearing the work whistle blow where my dad worked. We only had one car, so mom would take him to work and pick him up. We were in the car with her and when the whistle blew, we looked for daddy to come through the clock out station.
The only fashion I know is jeans. I have dress jeans and I have everyday jeans! For my dress jeans I have dressy blouses for my everyday jeans I wear everyday shirts. That's my fashion and I'm sticking to it!!! Loved your answers, always do. Hope you're enjoying the week-end.
ReplyDeleteNice new look to your page for the new year. Good to find out more about you too. 5.00 am alarm!!!! I couldn't do that. Yes clothes definitely have to be comfortable. Thanks for visiting me and leaving words of encouragement and prayers. MIL is a bit up and down so it's a bit of a waiting game.
ReplyDelete