Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer (1979)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
2) In this song, Grandma's troubles start when she drinks too much eggnog. Do you like eggnog? I do not like egg nog.
3) In the song, Grandpa recovers from losing Grandma by drinking beer and playing cards with Cousin Mel. Will you be celebrating the holidays with cousins? No, but it would sure be fun to have us all together again.
4) When did you most recently drink a beer? Can't even remember. Was it in a bottle, a can or a glass? I don't care for beer. I might have one once every 2 years.
5) The lyrics refer to "pudding of fig." In "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," the carolers demand figgy pudding. Yet despite its popularity in holiday songs, Sam has never tasted fig pudding. Have you? Nope. Never.
6) Thinking of holiday sweets, would you prefer a gingerbread cookie or slice of pumpkin pie? I'll take the gingerbread cookie.
7) This song was recorded by a duo named Elmo & Patsy. It occurs to Sam that she has never met anyone named Elmo. How about you? Not Elmo. Any Elmos in your life? We had an employee at the Museum who was named Elma. That's as close as I can get.
8) Do you need snow to get "into the spirit?" Not even one flake.
9) Random question: Are you going to get/have you gotten a flu shot this year? I actually got TWO flu shots this year.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
Saturday 9: Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer (1979)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) According to a marketing research firm, this song is both one of the most played and most hated songs of the season. Do you like it? I think it's pretty funny and usually enjoy hearing it once or twice. The one I really hate is Elvis singing Blue Christmas.
2) In this song, Grandma's troubles start when she drinks too much eggnog. Do you like eggnog? I do not like egg nog.
3) In the song, Grandpa recovers from losing Grandma by drinking beer and playing cards with Cousin Mel. Will you be celebrating the holidays with cousins? No, but it would sure be fun to have us all together again.
4) When did you most recently drink a beer? Can't even remember. Was it in a bottle, a can or a glass? I don't care for beer. I might have one once every 2 years.
5) The lyrics refer to "pudding of fig." In "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," the carolers demand figgy pudding. Yet despite its popularity in holiday songs, Sam has never tasted fig pudding. Have you? Nope. Never.
6) Thinking of holiday sweets, would you prefer a gingerbread cookie or slice of pumpkin pie? I'll take the gingerbread cookie.
7) This song was recorded by a duo named Elmo & Patsy. It occurs to Sam that she has never met anyone named Elmo. How about you? Not Elmo. Any Elmos in your life? We had an employee at the Museum who was named Elma. That's as close as I can get.
8) Do you need snow to get "into the spirit?" Not even one flake.
9) Random question: Are you going to get/have you gotten a flu shot this year? I actually got TWO flu shots this year.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
Thanks to Samantha for this week's Saturday:9!! Thanks to you for your visit today! Peace & hugs!


Yuck...I don't like egg nog either....nor do I like the song, Blue Christmas. HOPE you get plenty of rest this weekend. Happy Saturday.
ReplyDeleteI like eggnog and have a recipe without eggs - not made it yet. Figgy pudding is also known as Christmas pudding. It's a fruitcake but steamed and is it ever rich. I can eat only a bit. Hope you're getting better this weekend.
ReplyDeleteNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO/ughhhhhhh stop singing that song,{{giggling}}--the radio station has been playing it. No eggnog here either, Eww...but I do like Figgy (Fig)Pudding. I will not get a flu shot...hubby got one and boy, did he suffer...just saying.
ReplyDeleteHave a beautiful day, Terri.
The only way that I used to like eggnog was with spiced rum.
ReplyDeleteYuck I don't like eggnog either. Never had figgy pudding. The only figs I have ever had were in a Fig Newton. lol
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Love egg nog and love Public's eggnog ice cream...I am buying a couple of 1/2 gallons to drink, and freezing it so I can have later in the year! lol Never had figgy pudding either. I am not and never was a really big Elvis fan. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Saturday, Terri!
ReplyDeleteNo egg nog for me either. Nor have I ever had foggy pudding. i remember that crazy song. Enjoy your weekend of rest and stay well. Blue Christmas does nothing for me either.
ReplyDeleteI love all Christmas carols! Well, most all.
ReplyDeleteAnd two flu shots? Stop the madness!
You would love that Elvis song if you had seen it sung by one of our church employees a few years ago. It was soooooo funny cuz he was no where near an Elvis. The recipient was an older woman we all loved and she made some smart remark to him afterwards. Long story short is we all laughed a lot so I remember that when I hear the song!
ReplyDeleteLynda, it's not so much that I don't like Elvis or that song...it's just his rendition with those back-up singers. It's really the back-up singers that make me crazy!
DeleteHaha. I loved your answer to #8. You were pretty sure about that, weren't you. :-) I do not like the reindeer song, especially since I'm still not done with this hip issue. I don't even like the way the words 'egg nog' sound! None for me, thanks. And my son-in-law made a figgy pudding for Christmas. I hope I get a taste. I was there when he was steaming it and now it's 'resting.' :-) Have a wonderful week ahead, Terri. xo
ReplyDeleteI like Egg nog - just bought some today! I never tried figgy pudding though. I think this song is funny, but Blue Christmas makes me blue. My Dad's name is Elmer. :)
ReplyDeleteI had my flu shot, plus I gave them to all the residents at the nursing home and most of the employees!
I'm with you on the egg nog and beer. Won't be on my christmas shopping list. Don't want snow either! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)
ReplyDelete