|
Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer on your own blog, then scoot back here tomorrow and add your link to the party. Here we go-
1. Besides Thanksgiving, something you're looking forward to on your November calendar? We are going to Georgia to visit my sister and brother-in-law. 2. If I gave you a thank you card right now who would you send it to and why? I am thankful for so many people in my life, but I would send it to Joe. Good golly that man does put up with me!! 3. Of the breads listed, which one's your favorite...bagel, cinnamon, sourdough, garlic, banana, biscuit, pita, Naan, or plain old fashioned white bread? Do I really have to pick between cinnamon and garlic? I'll pick a good buttery garlic bread, I guess. Yum. 4. What's something you have in abundance? Cats!! LOL Is that a good thing? Yes, it's a good thing. 5. November 5th is National Love Your Red Hair Day. Are there any redheads in your family? Yes! Who's your favorite redhead? My sister, Patti, is a box-red now (sorry sis), but she is the family's carrot-top and definitely my favorite!
Patti and her daughter Kelly.
6. The travel website Busbud recently calculated the most Instagrammed spot in every state. Go here to see what made the list where you live. Are you happy with your state's #1? If not what do you think should be the most photographed spot in your state? Have you snapped a photo there? If you live outside the USA answer as it relates to your state, city or province. Florida's is South Beach. I'm not happy with that because the Gulf beaches are much, much prettier. Yes, I have photographed South Beach. Joe and I went down that way a few years ago for Art Basel. It was fun, but "been there, done that". South Beach is extremely expensive and very crowded. Not my 'cup of tea'. 7. I'm going to try to have something related to gratitude in this spot each week during the month of November. Here's this week's question- What's something you've learned about yourself this year that you're grateful for? Gosh. Tough question. I think I can feel God's presence more in my life and that has allowed me to let go of stress and to become a bit more patient. My faith has become more solid and I can feel it inside me like I never could before. I'm more retrospective, perhaps, and maybe that is just something that happens as we get older. 8. Insert your own random thought here.
Thanks for stopping by!! Happy Hodgepodge & Hump Day!! Peace & hugs.
|
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Our First November 2015 Hodgepodge....
Thanks to Joyce, From This Side of the Pond, for another fun Hodgepodge! Join the Hodgepodgers' Club and have some fun with us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I much rather have homemade stuffing and I know I'd love your mother's recipe. Instead of Thanksgiving we celebrate my birthday, but I'll be having Stovetop stuffing at Christmas. Like you, if I were to choose a respresentative photo of Kentucky, I'd choose the horse farms around Lexington instead of Churchill Downs. For Madrid, there are too many choices - the Puerta del Sol, Cibeles Fountain, Plaza Mayor, Real Madrid Football Stadium - I don't know. Have a good Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteThat's a good idea, Terri...about a private board on Pinterest. Thanks for sharing...always enjoy your answers...have a Blessed day, friend.
ReplyDeleteYou and your sister could be twins!! She looks great as a red head! I love your answer about your faith growing with age. I totally agree with that. Have I ever told you just how grateful I am we found each other in this blog world? You're precious, Ms. Terri!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Debbie. I treasure your friendship here!! Such a blessing.
DeleteI never liked my mom's stuffing. To me it was always bland. I would prefer Stove Top over my mom's stuffing too.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
My mom's was anything but bland. Delicious!! :)
DeleteQuestion? Did your Mom's dressing have day old bread, biscuits? My grandmother, with whom I lived growing up, was from Ohio, and her dressing was like that. I married a southerner whose Mom made it with cornbread and I loved that. You and Patti do look alot alike...two pretty ladies! I am with you on garlic bread and our cats! Hope you have a nice afternoon. Sun finally came out here.
ReplyDeleteMom used fresh bread - an entire loaf of white bread, crust and all. She sauteed celery & onions, poultry seasoning, turkey broth and sometimes the giblets cut up fine. Mix it together, press it into a 9x13 pan and bake for about 45 minutes at 350° until it browns a bit. So good.
DeleteThe bread gets torn into smaller pieces...should have said that!
DeleteSalt & pepper....sorry, there really isn't a recipe. You just do it.
DeleteI am in agreement with you on the Florida beaches. When we lived in Orlando, Cocoa was a little closer for us, but Clearwater and all beaches on the Gulf were prettier.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Patti's hair, both then and now. Would like to have her natural curl.
As always, I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers. Oh yes on the retrospective thing, too. We learn about life, people, many things, when we look back. Maybe we even learn to avoid some pitfalls!
So sweet you love Joe and thank him. My daughter has red hair! And I like cinnamon and sugar! lol Have fun in GA - where are you going?
ReplyDeleteJust across the border, near Valdosta.
DeleteLove your answer to #7. I do think as we get older, reflection and how we see ourselves changes. We become more in tune to our needs and wants. We can say no and not feel guilty. Life we know gets shorter and trying to enjoy every moment is required. Joe, write him that love letter!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Your sister looks like you, only with red hair!
ReplyDeleteHomemade stuffing, gravy and sweet potatoes I could eat just about anytime. I want some now.
Your answer to number 7 is so good. Every year that is my desire. To know more and more the presence of the Lord. Sometimes I think that is because we are getting closer and closer to the day we will be with Him
We agree on our bread!! And, just how many cats do you have? I feed three feral/fixed kitties here... and then we take care of two other ferals at our river cabin. I'm allergic so they stay outside but I love them - and they keep varmits away from the house!
ReplyDeleteWe have three now, but have had as many as five at one time. They are all indoor cats. You can find pictures of them on my photo tab!
DeleteGreat answer to #7. Sadly my plans to foster cats have been put on hold as my son and his wife plan to move in with us for a while and he is allergic to them
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip you gave me about "No Salt". I'll look for it in our stores.
ReplyDeleteI could have answered "Cats", too. Ha Ha
This was a good one Terri! I would pick cinnamon bread for sure.
ReplyDeleteI have lots of redheads in my family. My Mom, several uncles, lots of cousins and 2 kids! You and Patti look a lot alike, except for hair color.
Enjoyed your HodgePodge answers. What you're doing in Pinterest is a great idea!!
ReplyDeleteliked your answers.
ReplyDeleteWe cannot have turkey without stuffing. SWMBO just loves my meat stuffing which I got from my maternal grandmother. One of the blessings of church are the special people you associate with. Thanks for stopping by my blog page.
ReplyDeleteI won't be cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year. We're spending the holiday with my daughter's boyfriends family, whom we've never met in person. Should be fun though. I don't get the South Beach answer either. The Gulf sunsets are like nothing else in the world!
ReplyDeleteI love homemade stuffing. I do 'stuff the bird' because it makes the stuffing moist and much more flavorful all around imho. As a kid, Mom and Aunt Nellie always made 2 kinds of stuffing, one being oyster stuffing--a tradition in her family. Since I never liked fish or fishy things, she'd stuff the bird with dressing that didn't have the oysters, and that all was for me. Mmmm.
ReplyDelete