Super Duper Love

What we've committed to our readers
is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a
theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks
we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit
other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules,
it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's
meme!
Saturday 9: Super Duper Love
(recommended by Bankerchick)
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.
1) The lyrics say, "I'm as proud as a girl can
be." Tell us about something you're proud of.
I am proud of Joe, our boys, our grandchildren, my co-workers, the good that we (at work) do in the community, my entire family. There are lots of things and people I am proud of.
2) This song is from her first CD, The Soul Sessions. She's
told interviewers that the first CD she ever owned was by Aretha Franklin:
Greatest Hits. So while we're talking firsts, do you remember your first CD (or
tape or record)?
I'm glad they included record! Ha! My first records were all 45s, because I could afford them with my allowance. It was probably "Turn, Turn, Turn" by the Byrds. I also had a few Beatles records early on. My record player was like a little suitcase, and could be carried to slumber parties.
I'm glad they included record! Ha! My first records were all 45s, because I could afford them with my allowance. It was probably "Turn, Turn, Turn" by the Byrds. I also had a few Beatles records early on. My record player was like a little suitcase, and could be carried to slumber parties.
3) Last year, two men were convicted of plotting to kill
Joss Stone. Even though she had (fortunately!) never even met the men, she
still had to testify during their trial. Have you ever had to speak to a judge?
Yes, because of a car accident I was involved in. It was not big deal.
4) Joss is frequently in the British press because of her
friendship with Princes William and Harry. Who among your friends leads the
most exciting life?
Since we are old (LOL) there isn't a lot of excitement going on. We have a couple who are dear, old friends and they do a lot of traveling. That's pretty exciting.
5) Because of
dyslexia, Joss had trouble in school and dropped out when she was 16. What's
the last grade you completed?
I am a college graduate.
6) She provided the voice of the villainness for the James
Bond video game, Blood Stone. Do you have a Playstation or Xbox?
No, we do not.
7) Sam is especially crazy this morning because she can't
find her phone. What's the last thing you misplaced?
LOL...I asked Joe, because I don't lose things often. His first response was "your mind"...that's why I laughed. Seriously, though, I don't misplace things very often.
8) After composing this Saturday 9, Sam is off to Lowe's to
pick up some heavy duty indoor/outdoor trash bags. Will you be in any stores
this weekend?
We already went to Sam's Club. No other shopping plans though. I do need to take my car to the car wash, though.
9) Do you consider yourself more book smart, or street
smart?
I guess I am more book smart. If the 'street smart' intended in this question has to do with really being out in the streets, I have no street smarts.
------------------------------------------------
I just want to say that I really like Joss Stone's voice. We have a couple of her CDs. I love her sound. Hope you enjoyed the Saturday 9 Meme, and I wish you a great weekend!!
Thanks for stopping by today, and for your comments! Peace, love & hugs.
I guess I should participate more in these type things, because half the time when I get ready to post for the day, I have really nothing worthy to say! Good answers today from you tho! Have a great weekend. Hugs
ReplyDeleteI agree with Linda!!! Thanks for the q's and a's..I always enjoy reading more about you. Blessings
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I've ever heard her sing before. She has a pretty voice.
ReplyDeleteI was subpoenaed to testify at an attempted murder case once. A patient of mine was threatened while I was in the room, and when he got out of the hospital, he tried to kill the guy. I had charted about the threat, so had to go to court. It was a nerve-wracking day!
Great answers. Are your knees feeling better? Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteYes, the cortisone helps. Unfortunately, it doesn't last for too many days. I'm enjoying it while I can!!
DeleteThose are some fun questions. I had to laugh at Joe's comment. I've just recently lost something --- a beloved clothes brush. I can't remember where "I" put it, but honestly I think Bob had it last, not me. He's always doing that. LOL
ReplyDeleteOf course, I remember my first record and record player. I got both for Christmas. Like yours, mine was like a suitcase and my first record was the Beatles' Come Together. I still have some of my old Lp's although most of them were lost in a house fire.
ReplyDeleteI've also been in court several times.
One of my great-nieces who lost her father in an accident a few months ago wrote on her facebook wall today she'd be going to college in 6 days. I'm proud of her and all my family.