Can you tell, lately, that I really don't have a lot to share. Life is not too exciting right now, between work and nothing going on at home. Thus - all the 'memes' I've been posting. I'm sure I'll have lots of photos and fun to post about after this coming weekend, when we travel down to Naples, to see family and celebrate Joe's birthday. Bear with me!!
----------------------------------------
Monday Quiz About Me - Back to School Edition
Here are FOUR QUESTIONS that everyone can answer and then you have the option to add a fifth question of your own for those who are visiting your blog to answer in the comment section, along with commenting on the four standard questions you answered!
Here are the Questions:
2. What was your favorite subject? Art, band, English and biology. That's four, sorry!
3. What was your least favorite subject? Chemistry (and geometry, too).
4. Who was your favorite teacher? More than one, again! Grade school, Mrs. Everhart. High school, Mrs. Canniff (English), and I actually liked Mrs. Finke (biology), though most kids hated her; Mrs. Buskirk, my art teacher, was okay, and those of us in band, loved Mr. Hoeltzel.
As usual, I won't list a 5th question for you to answer, but just ask that you answer one (or more) of the four questions above, in your comments. It's always fun to swap answers!
Thanks for peeking in today! I wish you a good Tuesday! Peace & blessings!

Least fav - history & math; fav. teacher - Mrs. Robinson, she would fall asleep during class and that would keep us from having to read, write or even think! (poor thing, had sleeping sickness)
ReplyDeleteSo interesting that you loved school all the way through, and isn't it nice that you can name teachers who made schooling pleasant. I never liked school. I was young for my grade and an outdoors kind of kid who felt confined in school. It wasn't until I was out of school that I really learned to love learning. Being more analytical, I found that unlike when in the classroom, I could study things in depth, rather than in 40 minute segments.
ReplyDeleteI never liked school. Hated it. Used to cut all the time in high school, I think I was bored. I love to read and I love to learn. I just like to chose what I want to read + learn.
ReplyDeleteGood questions as I was very studious. The only time I think I didn't enjoy school was when I had to change school - at least in the beginning. My younger brothers and sisters were lucky that they stayed in the same schools in the same county. Most of them still live in that same county too. The subject I was unable to like was geometry, but I didn't like the teacher either. She was one of the poorest teachers I ever had.
ReplyDeleteI loved English Lit....my teacher, Mrs. Sanderson, got me lovin' Shakespeare so much I think I've read everything we didn't cover in class!!! My Biology teacher, Mr. Webb was a hottie...cute. And the field trips he took us on ...spelunking was one I will never forget...what fun...exploring the darkest parts of caves. Awesome.
ReplyDeleteI too didn't like geometry...to this day angles and degrees confuse me.
I don't know if I could choose a favorite grade. I loved English literature. I had a teacher who could bring those books to life!
ReplyDeleteAh, I liked school for the most part. Had some bad experiences until I got to 5th grade when I moved to Millersport. In high school, I like Mrs. Finke (biology) and Mrs. Caniff (En glish)and Mrs. Pergrin (business), as well. Really disliked Mrs. Clark (counselor)--I thought she was trying to be a popular kid instead of an adult and was just plain mean to Mrs. Creed to her face as well as to her back. She was an all time jerk in my opinion. Of course, I LOVED Mr. Hoetzel (music), too; such a class act. But in college I met my very most favorite teacher of all, Dr. McKenzie (Geomorphology). THE best by a mile. Didn't like Dr. Sweet (Paleontology) and hated Dr. Elliott (vulcanologyt), the rest I'd categorize as just ok to pretty good to great. Happy hump-day, tomorrow, Toots. Til then, mwah.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite teacher was Ruth Davis, my second year shorthand teacher. She really cared, and she made a lasting impression on me of a teacher who was bold to share her faith. I didn't want to take shorthand, but it proved to be a great help to me throughout the years in school taking notes, and in my various jobs.
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how much a good teacher makes a difference. I have a couple that really stand out too and made that year in school so much fun. A few of my favorite classes were English, Literature and French. I remember once watching episodes of MASH in lit class and then dissecting the meaning behind each one. It was very interesting and made me look more closely at some things. I enjoyed your answers!
ReplyDeleteWe have so much in common! Second grade = my fave, too!
ReplyDeleteChemistry = blech! ;-)
Favorite subjects: history, art, English, speech (obviously) since I majored in it in college. :-)