Saturday, February 15, 2014

Our Friday & Saturday....


I am enjoying my sister's visit!! Tammy and Bruce are lots of fun, and they have already loaded all the "stuff" into the trailer they brought down from Georgia. Our patio is a patio again, instead of a storage area! We have been enjoying time out there, too! Our weather is just beautiful these last two days.

Yesterday, we took Tammy and Bruce to Fantasy of Flight, which is an airplane museum not far from Lakeland.  It is a private collection, turned into quite an interesting destination.  Since it was Valentine's Day, we didn't try to go out to eat. I put some spaghetti sauce in the crock pot, before we left, and made some sausage to go with the pasta. Some garlic bread and a nice salad rounded off a pretty good dinner, if I do say so myself.

Today (Saturday) we slept in (yes!) and had a good breakfast. Bruce and Joe went to run errands, so Tammy and I went to run some errands of our own (at Bed Bath & Beyond, for one).  Now we are watching the movie "Cool Runnings" about a Jamaican bobsled team, with John Candy as the coach. It is a very cute movie.

Joe and I are going to church shortly, then we are all going out to eat at Catfish Country. Tammy and Bruce are leaving in the morning, and Joey, Darlene and Tristan (and pups, Brooke & Zoey) will be here tomorrow. More fun ahead!!

Here are some photos from our day at Fantasy of Flight.....















Thanks for stopping by! I love having you visit.  Peace, love & hugs to all!!

13 comments:

  1. You can tell you are having a great time together - - from what you have written and from the big smiles in your pictures! With company now and more coming in, that painting and flooring got done just in the nick of time! I'm sure your guests have enjoyed the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'all are enjoying yourselves immensely. I made a similar dinner...only instead of spaghetti, mine was lasagna. Same side dishes.

    Both Bud and I would greatly enjoy the museum of flight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, it's me Hootin' Anni [I'm still in my birding blog admin]

      Delete
  3. Lovely to have the use of your patio as a patio again! And to have company. :-) You were smart to eat at home. After being snowed in for 3 days, everyone and their neighbor was out in force yesterday; we went to Chick-fil-A for supper b/c I had a gift card. I didn't think it was a destination for romance, but it was crowded with couples, families, and social groups! Jasmine and I took our food to go and ate it in the car while watching the drive-thru pass slowly by. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those planes are lovely! Did you buy anything interesting at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Wish we had this shop. It's one of my favourites. Wishing your sister and brother-in-law a safe return, and hope your incoming guests arrive safwly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had fun. That museum looks like a place my hubby and son would like. We've been to many airplane museums!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great time was had by all!

    xoxoxo

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a really neat place to visit. Looks like everyone had fun. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're having such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME. I think my dad took my son there. It sounds familiar. Glad you had a nice visit. What great photos. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to hear that you have nice weather and are enjoying the visit with your sister sweet Terri. It sounds like you all are having a wonderful time and doing some fun things. The pictures are super! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pictures. Have you ever been to Dayton's Air Force Museum? I've been there a few times, last trip was with my youngest grandsons, and I love that place. They were amazed at what they saw.
    So glad you had a great visit with your sister and BIL. Now more family coming! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad y'all are having a good visit. And it must feel especially good to have your house back to Apple Pie order.
    Great photos. Hubby and I enjoy looking at airplanes too, especially WWII with all the nose art. That generation had so many brave, courageous, unselfish men and women. What's happened to our country?! Our changes have not all been for the best, I'll say.
    Hope today has been a happy one for y'all. ~:)

    ReplyDelete