Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thought-filled Thursday....


I tend to get thought-filled when I have to attend a funeral. 

A long-time supporter and friend of the Museum (where I work) died last weekend.  He was 80, but full of life and still working!  He was the architect who designed our beautiful building, and stayed involved all these years, helping us with renovations and future plans.  Building operations is part of my department, so I worked closely with him on many projects and on our Building & Grounds Committee.  Ernie Straughn, of Straughn Trout Architects, will be missed by many.  Several of us are attending services for him this morning.

Today is also the 10th anniversary of my younger brother's death. He fought the cancer battle for seven years, before it took him from us, much too soon. He was only 48.  I've blogged about him before, and will again. His memory will live in my heart forever!  I was with him when he drew his last breath, along with his wife, Jo Anne.  When someone is suffering like that, it really is a blessing for them to move on to eternity with our Lord and Savior. I know where he is, and I know he is no longer in pain.  We are the ones who have to bear the loss of those we love and respect. We will meet again! Counting on it!

So, this isn't a necessarily a fun post, but it is my day, today.  For my prayer partners here, I ask for prayers for my family today, for Clara Straughn and the children/grandchildren, and for my co-worker's friend, Nancy, who had a lung cancer diagnosis this week.  Nancy fought breast cancer last year, only to find it has metastasized to the lungs. Cancer sucks.

Sorry for the downer post, but I thank you for your prayers!!  Wishing you a good Thursday!!  Peace, love & hugs!




11 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the lost of your friend and co-worker. I will keep him and his family in my prayers. I will also keep you in my thoughts and prayers today as you honor the anniversary of your brother's passing. You are so right - when you see the suffering that a loved one is going through, you know it is a true blessing when God decides to end the suffering by bringing them Home. Thank goodness our faith tells us that we will see them again! I will say a prayer today for your co-worker's friend. Cancer Sucks big time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for all the hard things to deal with today. Praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These days come and we dont like them, but we have to deal with it anyway. I am sorry the friend of the museum passed away, but it sounds he gave a lot while he was here. Also, remember you talking about your brother many times and know you miss him still and yes, we will see those that have gone before us one day soon. Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The day I flew in to Cincinnati was the 10th year without our mother. We really miss her as I know you miss your brother. Sending prayers out. My niece's husband has to have his knee operated on, so please keep him in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you have all those thoughts to deal with today. So many people are hurting today, from lose of loved ones to those dealing with a battle of their own. It's so sad. My thoughts and prayers for you and all those near you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! Brenda, prayers offered for your niece's husband, and please keep us posted.

    I'm not as down as this blog sounds. There was just a lot on my mind this morning and I poured it out to you all. Thanks for the prayers and sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for you Terri as you grieve friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funerals are a lot easier when you know the person who died is a Christian that is for sure. Sorry about your brother. Prayers for Clara....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funerals are a lot easier when you know the person who died is a Christian that is for sure. Sorry about your brother. Prayers for Clara....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a difficult day. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I missed this post, Terri. Some pain just doesn't leave us, but knowing that he is with Jesus is a comfort only believers can know. May God comfort you and bless you.

    ReplyDelete