Thanks to Joyce for today's questions! You can join in by clicking HERE!
Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 670
2. What's something you currently have a game plan for managing? This week, I have a "game plan" for serving 12-14 ladies on Friday for my new church small group. I don't plan too far into the future anymore.
3. Do you like chicken wings? They are okay. Hot, mild, or some other flavor? Mild or medium. What's a must-have food for you on a tailgate menu? Sorry. I've never been to a tailgate. Finger food, I guess. I know tailgating isn't as big of a thing outside the US of A as it is inside the US of A, but you can also answer the question this way: what's a must-have food for you at a sporting event viewing party? Hot dogs, perhaps. I don't really know. The last live sporting event I attended (with Joe) was a Lightning/Flyers hockey game in Tampa. We had box seats, purchased at a silent auction, with free food and beverages. I think I had a cheesesteak, iced tea, and later an ice cream cone.
4. Teams typically have strict playbooks they follow. What is one unwritten rule or piece of advice in your 'life playbook' you think everyone should know? Be kind to others.
5. This is the week we remember and mourn all that was lost and changed on September 11, 2001. I always include a spot for bloggers to share anything they'd like to share about 9/11. Share as much or as little as you like. It was a terrible thing that happened, and it was terrible that it took something like that to bring our country together. It's a shame it didn't last very long. History repeats, and we never learn.
6. Insert your own random thought here. The carport roofing team was here yesterday and cleaned the roof and gutters, getting it ready for silicone, which is scheduled for today. Hoping the rain holds off long enough. Sure hope it does the trick.
Thanks for your visit today!

Have a lovely time on Friday with your church ladies.
ReplyDeleteAhh! I never thought of hot dogs for question 3! I do love those!
9/11 was such a terrible thing, I always feel like it brought the whole world together, it is a shame it didn't last.
I hope the roof is fixed today and the rain holds off.
You are hosting the ladies again? I know it'll be very nice, you're a great hostess.
ReplyDeleteYou are right about 9/11, it's sad where we are as a country 25 years later.
yes, we will never forget the horror of Sept 11.
ReplyDeleteI think trying to erase our history is dangerous and for sure will lead to repeating our past mistakes. I do hope the roof repair holds and you enjoy your ladies group this week. Sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteDear Terri, I am not sure if you saw the movie of not...at least the particular one I am referring to here. It is called "Flight 93" Not United 93 that was in the theaters, but Flight 93! It is a very powerful movie. They did a tremendous job on this movie, and the actors look very much like the real passengers that were on that plane.
ReplyDeleteIt was a very sad day and incident indeed, and should never be forgotten.
Your swan is beautiful, dear friend. I wasn't feeling well for a couple of days but thankfully am feeling better now.
Oh, the movie I mentioned is available on YouTube!
DeleteNever, ever forget! For some reason, this awful anniversary feels more acute than in previous years. I like what my blog friend Carol -- who worked near the Trade Center says, "My pain is their remembrance. I would have it no other way."
ReplyDeleteYes from your playbook: Kindness is key!!!
Be kind - yes! yes! yes! I hope your party goes well on Friday. I know it will - you seem to entertain with ease!!
ReplyDeleteFinally able to catch up with everyone. Your party sounds fun and with you as the hostess I'm sure it will be perfect.
ReplyDelete"Be kind to others." Kindness, consideration, and the like seem to be in much shorter supply than it used to be.
ReplyDelete