Thanks to Joyce for today's questions! Click HERE to be a Hodgepodger!!
Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 671
3. Shell shocked, bombshell, bandshell, shellacking, in a nutshell, walking on eggshells...choose one and tell us why you chose it, or how it relates to your life in some way currently. I am at a total loss with this one. None of those seem to apply to me in any way right now. I think that might be a good thing, actually!!
4. Tacos, pistachios, oysters, clams, eggs...your favorite food on the list that comes in/with a shell? Of those offered, I'll go with tacos, though I do eat a boiled egg every morning for breakfast.
5. Are birthdays a big deal in your house? Is your own birthday a big deal in some way? Elaborate. Birthdays are a big deal and should always be celebrated!! I do enjoy making a big deal of birthdays when I can. I feel blessed with each new birthday that comes along and have a big one coming up... 75.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I'm so excited about my trip to Nashville, coming up next month!! I'm meeting five of my D'Orsaneo nieces there for a long weekend (Thursday-Sunday). I have my plane ticket and the hotel rooms are reserved!! We also have Opry tickets chosen. I am looking forward to some fun with Peggy, Jackie, Nikki, Lexie, and Maya!! It's all coming together! If any of you have Nashville experience and want to share insider secrets, please let me know if there is something we shouldn't miss while there!

Ahh! When there is bad weather the trains never seem to run here. lol
ReplyDeleteI struggled with question 3 too.
Your trip to Nashville does sound exciting! Have a wonderful time!
Your Nashville weekend sounds like a lot of fun. I agree birthdays should always be celebrated. Growing older is a gift not everyone is given and I want to appreciate that. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on Taco's and eggs, those would be my choices as well.
ReplyDeleteI'd like an overnight train trip to the Canadian Rockies.
Our Andy lives near Nashville and he took us to the Opryland Hotel. If you have time you should stop there. It's free to get in, has huge gardens inside and even a river that you can do boat rides on - all inside! Here's a post with just a few pics of it.
https://marislittlecorner.blogspot.com/2023/06/back-from-vacation.html
Thanks for the reminder, Mari! Those photos are awesome. It looks like a Gaylord Resort, and they are amazing in every place they build. The one in Orlando is beautiful, too. I will add it to our list. xo
DeleteYou will sure enjoy your trip next month! I used to take the train from Syr, NY to Chicago to visit my daughter back in the day!
ReplyDeleteHave fun in Nashville!
ReplyDeleteHi dear Terri, your swans are lovely, dear friend. Thank you so much for sharing your responses as well. Enjoy your time!
ReplyDeleteThat upcoming trip to Nashville with your nieces sounds fantastic, and happy early 75th birthday!
ReplyDeleteGreetz from Sicily
https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com
p.s-I added your link for you. Not sure what happened but you're on the list now : )
ReplyDeleteI am catching up this week. I haven't been to Nashville in ages, but love the music and especially the Opry. Can't imagine ever a bad night there. I know you will have fun.
ReplyDeleteI loved your snap bracelet. I suppose a new way to wear charms. I do love my charm bracelet bit rarely wear it because of the noise.
I love me some tacos, but I'm usually reluctant to eat them in public. Yep, I wear my food well! Your upcoming trip sounds like such fun! I was visiting with one of Tom's nurses this morning and learned she recently moved here from Nashville. I agree, birthdays should always be celebrated -- if only in our minds! What a God-given thing!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your answers and sounds like a great trip.
ReplyDelete