Devil in the Bottle
Blogger is acting up again, and I can't get the Saturday 9 banner to load. Sorry!! Click HERE to join in!
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so to speak. We encourage you to visit other participants' posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer questions, and here are today's questions!
Saturday 9: Devil in the Bottle (1974)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song begins with T. G. Sheppard taking off his shoes to slip into the house without disturbing his sleeping wife. Are you wearing shoes as you answer these questions? Yes. I discovered Barefoot sneakers and love them.
2) His wife hears him anyway. Are you a light sleeper? Yes. It used to make my Joe crazy. Now the cats wake me up. I can hear them scratching in the litter box or chasing a toy in the living room. I also wake up when they are throwing up a hairball. I put Ocean Sounds on the Echo some nights when I need to sleep.
3) This is the first of 22 consecutive #1 hits for T. G. Sheppard. Not bad for a high school dropout. What's the last year of education that you completed? I have a Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited university.
4) He was born William Browder and chose the stage name T. G. Sheppard just because he liked the sound of it. He says "T. G." doesn't stand for anything, and he gets a kick out of fans who insist there's some secret meaning behind the initials. Since most of us didn't choose our names, is there a story behind your name? Did your parents tell you why they chose it? (If you did choose your name, share what influenced your decision.) I don't have a story for my first name, but my middle name, Lee, is from my great-grandmother, Verda Lee.
5) It was after hours at a Memphis roller rink when he first met Elvis and his entourage. As T. G. was leaving, Elvis was entering and asked if he wanted to stay and skate longer. T. G. was confused because he knew the place was closing for the night. "Not for me," Elvis replied, and T. G. skated with Elvis and his buddies until dawn. Are you good on roller skates? I used to do okay. We had parties at the skating rink for our school once a month or so. I do much better on ice skates, though.
6) T. G. loves NASCAR and was an associate sponsor of the Folgers Chevrolet. He enjoyed the collaboration with the coffee company and has performed the familiar jingle – "the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup" – in concert. Are you loyal to a particular coffee brand? I enjoy "Peet's" coffee pods. I rarely make a pot of coffee for just me. I do like a dark roast and drink mine black.
7) T. G. understands the lifestyle of his fans. That's why he named his live country music venue Guitars and Cadillacs. If you were going to name a business after two of your favorite things, what would you call it? Chocolate and Toffee. LOL
8) In 1974, when this week's song was on the country charts, Linda Ronstadt was getting a lot of radio airplay with "You're No Good." That song is about a real cad. Let's turn that around: Who is the nicest person you know? I know lots of very nice people and am blessed to have one living on each side of my house and across the street.
9) Random question: Have you ever had your palm read? Yes, for fun, a very long time ago at some fair thing. It was very silly and is not something I believe in at all. I don't even remember what the woman said.
Thanks for your visit today! Have a happy weekend!

Blogger, blogger, blogger...that is all I will say, LOL. Wishing you a lovely day, Terri.
ReplyDeleteThe kids today need skating rinks--we sure had a wonderful time at ours, too, back in the day! Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteI love the sound of those Barefoot sneakers! When I am in the house I always have my slippers on.
ReplyDeleteI used to go ice skating every week with my friends and we had a great time and mostly stayed upright.
I have some barefoot sneakers and love them too!
ReplyDeleteChocolate and toffee is the best! You start it - I'll be there!
I've never heard of Barefoot sneakers, Terri. I'm loving my Skechers slip-ins, though. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteOh Peers has always been my favorite coffee. It started out in Berkeley in the,50's and 60's - and was before Starbucks hit every corner across the nation. I too haven't heard of barefoot sneakers. At my age, I need more orthopedic support for my knees, hips and back or I will hurt more than I already do. Enjoy your weekend. Somehow I know you will. 🤗
ReplyDeleteI used to swoon over T.G. Sheppard, but can't say I'm familiar with this song. Yep, there's nothing like hearing a furbaby about to upchuck that makes my eyes fly open. I'm going to try Peet's next time; I just saw where it's $2 less than my usual *$'s French Roast. Not playing today, but my mind's stuck trying to think of a shop name, ha-ha.
ReplyDeleteAren't barefoot sneakers the best? I love mine, but I do have to put an orthotic in them for some arch support.
ReplyDeleteI will have to check out barefoot sneakers. We sleep with white noise every night or I would be up all night because I hear everything.
ReplyDeleteI love your swans, dear Terri!
ReplyDeleteGood neighbors are so important
ReplyDelete