Thanks to our hostess, Joyce, for today's Hodgepodge! You can join in HERE!
Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 433
1. Something you've done recently that required you giving 110% ? I guess it might be getting Helen's house ready to sell and then getting it sold as quickly and smoothly as I did. But I also had Cheryl's help and my realtor friend's help so it sure wasn't all me. We were on top of our game, though. God is good!
2. What task-sport-chore-hobby-activity have you participated in or completed, that if judged, would land you a perfect 10? See my answer to #1. It went so well with no hiccups. Praise God!
3. What are ten of your favorite things right now? AcornTV; Netflix; Freshly Meals; my cats; my church; my Kindle; my laptop; Lipton decaf tea bags for iced tea; Klondike ice cream bars; Caramello candy...
4. Nine times out of ten I forget someone's name. I am terrible about names.
5. Where were you when the world stopped turning, twenty years ago this week? Working in my office at the Museum. One of the art teachers came running into the administrative office area yelling to put the TV on (our boss had a TV in his office). We all ran in there to watch in horror as it all unfolded. We all knew the world would change forever and it has.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I am still trying to reconcile that it has been 20 years since the horrific events. Seems like yesterday in so many ways. Sure wish our country would come together again like we did then (but without a tragedy).

So glad Helen's house is sold and you are no longer burdened with that chore! So happy it went so well. Your list of favorite things sounds interesting and fun. 20 years ago I was working at the Lake Technical College in Eustis, Fl. in the Financial Aid Dept. Someone heard it on the radio and we all listened and I guess somehow we saw it on TV, but I don't remember. I just remember that I said, "This is an act of war!". And all of the office staff gathered in a circle and we prayed. Who says you can't pray in school? There was a LOT of praying going on in school that day. It wasn't until later that we learned that my husband's first cousin was killed in the tower. It was very very sad. Yes, the world definitely changed that day, and it seems we haven't learned anything...or we forgot what we learned that day. Very very sad.
ReplyDeleteI recall 9/11 like it was yesterday, too, Terri. That tragedy changed our lives, and our country, forever. I pray that we could come together as a nation without the cause being a terrorist attack.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, my friend!
I wish we could come together again without a tragedy. I don't see it happening though and that makes me very sad.
ReplyDeleteThe 9/11 anniversary has been weighing heavy on my heart; and in a way, I hope it never ceases to do so. I'm saddened that many people seem to have forgotten.
ReplyDeleteI was in my car going to work when I heard the story on the radio. One of the scariest days of my life for sure. It hardly seems possible it was 20 years ago.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with wishing our country would regain its spirit of unity! It's so sad. God's heart must be breaking, also.
ReplyDeleteSo you liked the Freshly meals? I am happy you discovered them because it gives you good nutrition without the time and effort of cooking. I think I mentioned that our older daughter orders the ones you prepare but they have planned the menu and send all the ingredients you need. It has been a good thing for her because she is very busy at work when school is in session.
Klondike ice cream bars? Oh, yeah! And, I agree, it is hard to believe that horrible day was 20 years ago. I try to remember that there was good that day too---my friend, Lisa, was giving birth to her third child just as those events were happening. Which means that little girl is now 20!! We were homeschooling, and it wasn't in my habit to turn the TV on in the mornings, so I didn't know anything was happening until Gary called and told me. My kids were then 9 and 11, and they vividly remember us being glued to the TV after we found out.
ReplyDeleteI tried Freshly one time. I got a steak meal for Gary, and would you believe, he said it was excellent. Hard to think putting a steak in the micro would be good. I didn't stay with Freshly, though, as I need to have leftovers for Gary's lunch.
Have a great day!
We all remember....and now this....enough said.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your random!
ReplyDeleteI echo your 2 other commenters...and it is still surreal.
ReplyDeleteI forgot names all the time! I can recognize their face but their names is another story.
ReplyDeleteWishing our country will unite again, also.
Good to hear Helen's house sold and sold easy, that was certainly a blessing. I was at home alone that terrible day, the horror and disbelief I felt was overwhelming. It didn't take long for the phone calls to come from family and friends, a very sad day indeed.
ReplyDeleteSo happy about Helen's house and everything coming together so smoothly. Yes, God is good! Love reading everyone's favorites, so enjoyable. Have a good rest of the week Terri!
ReplyDeleteHard to believe it's been 20 years. I like your random thought.
ReplyDeleteWhat you have been able to accomplish with Helen's house, etc is nothing short of amazing, and most especially (in my opinion) with the other things you've had to face since February.
ReplyDeleteAnd in thinking about the 20th anniversary of 9/11, to me that seems to be a very long time ago. Since that time, I have moved 3 times (one of those well over 1,000 miles), had 10 grandchildren born to my family, and lost my husband to COVID (as you well know). There is no doubt the Lord has become more precious to me as our world has changed drastically these past twenty years.