Saturday, September 4, 2021

Saturday 9...

 Thanks to Sam for today's questions!  You can join in HERE!


A Hard Day's Night

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so to speak. We encourage you to visit other participants' posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme! 











A HARD DAY'S NIGHT (1964)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) John Lennon sings that he's been working like a dog. What's the hardest job you've ever had?  My blogging friends will remember my whining about the last job I had doing accounting when I thought I was going to be a receptionist.  What made it so difficult?  The fact that I didn't want the stress of an accounting job, and especially one that was so messed up. I was thrilled to bid that one adieu after two months!


2) Despite the hard work, he likes his life and asks, "So why on earth should I moan?" What's the last thing you complained about? Who were you talking to?  See #1 and I talked with anyone who would listen (or pretend to listen)! LOL


3) John was raised by his Aunt Mimi. She meant well when she told the teen-aged John, "The guitar's all right, but you'll never make a living out of it." What's the worst advice you've ever received?  I can't think of a thing. Sorry!

4) This week's song was co-written and also sung with Paul McCartney. Paul's father was more supportive of the lads' show business aspirations than Aunt Mimi was, but he still worried that his son wouldn't be able to fully support himself as a musician. To please his dad, 17-year-old Paul worked over the Christmas holiday season as the "second man" on a delivery truck. Paul would be the one to hop off the truck and drop off the packages while the driver could keep the motor running and the heat on. Where was the last package you received from?  Amazon.  (Extra points if you share what was in it.)  End caps for the railing outside.



5) After Christmas was over, Dad insisted Paul get a full-time, year-round job. He ended up at a factory, winding heavy coils to be used in electric motors. He hated the work but enjoyed the lunch hours, eating jam sandwiches and, weather permitting, kicking a soccer ball around the yard with his coworkers. What's for lunch at your house today?  I don't eat lunch anymore.

6) In early March 1961, the Beatles accepted a booking to play lunch hour gigs at Liverpool's Cavern Club, and so February 28, after less than two full months, Paul said goodbye to factory work. What's the shortest you ever stayed at a job?  Ha! See #1.

7) Enough about these Brits! Labor Day was introduced to celebrate the achievements of the American worker. How many different employers have you had?  Oh my gosh, I'm old!!  First job- babysitting for the Romano twins all summer. I was 13.  Weldon's Ice Cream Factory, Motel 76, Glick's Furniture, Nationwide Insurance, Brohl & Appel Plumbing & Electrical Wholesales, FBI, American Red Cross, Midwest Research Institute, I was my own boss with my own business, The Wedding Cake, Santa Fe Catholic High School, Polk Museum of Art, American Compressor, and the State of Florida.  I think that is 14 and doesn't count all the other babysitting I did. Wow.

8) This weekend may offer a golden opportunity for napping and sleeping in. Do you snore?  I have never stayed awake to listen!!  

9) Labor Day traditionally marks the beginning of the new school year. When she was a kid, Samantha was crazy for her brand new box of 96 Crayola Crayons. It even had a sharpener in the back! What do you remember about preparing to go back to school? If you're an educator, let us know how you get the classroom ready for the kids.  I am not an educator. I remember new shoes, book covers, notebooks with lined paper, new pencils and later pens, and folders to hold paperwork. Just like every kid back then.


Peace & hugs!
Jesus loves you and me!






13 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that you can recall all the jobs you've worked in your life, Terri. I suppose I could, too, if I really sat down and thought about it, but many of them, I'd just rather forget - lol!
    Have a great Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were listening to an interview with Paul McCartney on our way home from Grimmwood ( on Sirius Radio) and he still has such a cockney accent. You do not really notice it when he sings but it is amazing to me that it is still there after all his travels and upward mobility.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. New clothes for school. In those days, one had to wear a skirt even when it was almost zero out and had to wait for the bus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We could wear a pants suit (had to match) if it was below 20°. Crazy but made us tough, I guess! LOL

      Delete
  4. #8? Best answer EVER! 🤣
    I'm soooo glad the opening for your present job appeared when it did. The first one sounded suspiciously like what I encountered at the funeral home. Little truth in advertising.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your current job is a good one and you enjoy it! We were both going down sort of the same road at the same time and we've ended up where we're supposed to be, I think. It sure does make a difference when you actually like your job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved this song Loved your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the Beatles when I was a teen. I was about 14 when they were on the Ed Sullivan Show, and I've never forgotten it! LOL. As far as jobs go, I am sure I have you beat in how many, but we moved a lot because of my husband's schooling and jobs in the ministry. I've had a few that I hated and got out as soon as I could graciously do so. When I was a teen I worked part time in a dry cleaners, and that was a stinky job! Had to go through people's pockets of their dirty clothes, etc. Not to mention the smell of dry cleaning fumes...glad I didn't do that for a living! LOL. Enjoyed your answers. Oh, I do snore. I've woken myself up snoring...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was in high school we used Trapper Keepers and I loved those. I have heard they are not allowed in school anymore. I have no idea why. They kept me so organized. I know kids struggle with that. I loved picking my Trapper Keeper out. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. #8 ~ That made me giggle. I don't stay awake to listen either. Steve tells me that I do giggle and sometimes mumble in my sleep. I'll take his word for it. *lol* I'm glad he doesn't snore. That would be annoying.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your job list! I should try to write out mine.
    :) I like your answer to #8!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you've had a lot of jobs! I was thankful I got to be a SAHM for 18 years while our girls grew up. I had 3 jobs before kids and 2 jobs after. I asked Beth the other day if she wanted to go to Staples with me. When I told her it was an office supply store her face lit up! We both love back-to-school stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made me LOL with your answer to #8!

    As for school prep, I remember using brown grocery sacks to make covers for my text books. Often I would embellish them for fun and personalization.

    ReplyDelete