I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants' posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Thanks to Crazy Sam for today's questions! Join in HERE!
I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen (1975)
Chosen because St. Patrick's Day is Tuesday.
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1) This week's song is widely considered a traditional Irish ballad. Are you of Irish descent? Yes! My maiden name is Kelly.
2) It's a song from a groom to his homesick bride. Who did you most recently serenade? (Yes, "Happy Birthday" counts.) Oh, my, you don't want to hear me sing. I rarely even join in for Happy Birthday!! I can't remember the last time!
3) Kathleen considers "home" her mother's cottage. How about you? Is "home" where you live now, or is it where you grew up? Home is where I live now. My "home town" is where I grew up.
4) St. Patrick is credited with driving snakes out of Ireland, and to this day the Irish report there are no snakes on their land. Ophiophobia is the fear of snakes. Do you suffer from ophiophobia? I'm not afraid of snakes but I have a healthy respect for them.
5) Irish Americans held the first St. Patrick's Day parade on our shores in New York City in 1766. Does your town host a St. Patrick's Day parade? No, and it's just as well since they seem to be canceled in most towns because of COVID-19. Such a shame.
6) Leprechauns are a symbol of St. Patrick's Day. These small Irish fairies are said to live in the forest, guarding their gold. Do you more often wear silver or gold? Silver.
7) The signature color of St. Patrick's Day is green. Will you wear green next Tuesday? Of course, I will!! I don't want to be pinched!!
8) This week's featured artist, Elvis, was the idol of millions. But not the Songfellows. In the early 1950s, a young Elvis auditioned for this gospel group and they refused him. Just as well, as the King of Rock 'n Roll did rather well for himself as a solo. Like Elvis, did you ever interview for a job that you didn't get? Yes... remember that hanging bugger story I told a while back?
9) Random question: Do you believe women are more emotional than men? I think men believe they aren't allowed to show emotion but Joe cries at the same things I do. Women are just allowed (it's accepted) to show emotion more than men.
Happy Saturday! Thanks for your visit!
Peace & hugs!! God bless!!




Love your answers. I am part Scotch-Irish, on my mother's side. I will definitely wear green on Tuesday, like you, I don't want to get pinched! Have a great weekend enjoying your family!!
ReplyDeleteI'm Irish too, my maiden name is Killough and my ancestors came from Killough, Ireland. Enjoyed visiting with you this morning.
ReplyDeleteI am Irish too with a maiden name of Murphy. I wear more gold than silver, am afraid of snakes and will wear green. March 17th is an extra special day for me as my oldest granddaughter, Aryn, was born on the 17th. Have a nice weekend. love and hugs to you and Joe.
ReplyDeleteI'll be humming this today! Enjoy this nice warm weather and stay healthy! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI wear silver too. I'm part Irish and of course I'll wear green. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
It's shocking how many public places are closing due to the C-virus. Really. This has really escalated fast.
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of all the Irish that is in me, Terri! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
ReplyDeleteMy husband is of Irish descent and his family came from Roscommon. Have a great day, friend, smiles.
ReplyDeleteI love how Joe's unafraid to express his emotions! Nope, there's no Irish in my physical ancestry ... but being born on St. Paddy's Day I'm right there mentally!
ReplyDeleteNo Irish in me, but I wish there was. Some day I want to visit Ireland.
ReplyDeleteOur similarities continue to mount...my maiden name was Andrews (so there's the Irish thing) and I can't sing worth a lick, either. Enjoy your evening, Terri!
ReplyDeleteThese are good questions. Joe and I are both of Irish descent. Joe has a lot more Irish than I do. But I do wear green and eat Irish food on St. Patrick's Day. I don't want to get pinched either!
ReplyDelete