Monday, January 20, 2020

Monday's Weekend Update...


Remembering Martin Luther King, Jr. on this MLK Day, here in the USA.



We had another very quiet weekend.  Perhaps they are healing weekends when we aren't out running around.  Joe is feeling better, though still coughing and experiencing pain in his shoulder, and we still haven't heard anything about the MRI.  He is feeling enough better that he told me to touch base with the orthopedic doc about getting my knee surgery rescheduled. I left a message on Friday. Hoping to hear from them today.  I told Joe I can't cancel again so this will be it, come heck or high water. We will just have to deal with it.

Also hoping Joe gets some answers when he calls and is a bit more demanding today.  He has some major dental work to get done next month.  I need a tooth extraction too (that filling that fell out also let the back of my tooth fall off).  We have to coordinate the teeth with other procedures and take the antibiotics, etc. because of his artificial valve and my artificial knee. Good grief!!  Anyway... here we go again!

Friday night, Joe went to play Nickels at the clubhouse. I begged off (he enjoys it more than me) since I still had two loads of laundry to finish (my excuse).  I am just not a game player. It's fun for about an hour and then I am ready to stop.  When I go, it is because I care about the people and enjoy the company. One of the women sent Joe home with a pocketful of fresh garlic. Always good! She knows I use it.

Saturday was quiet.  Joe's Villanova basketball team played on TV at noon, so we watched them win.  Helen and Cheryl popped in around 4:30 and asked us to go to dinner at Cheddar's so off we went.  That was nice.  We always enjoy the food at Cheddar's and being with them.  After dinner, we started watching a new series on AcornTV called Murderland. Boy, did we get sucked into it!! Another great British detective show!!

Yesterday we went to Sunday school and church and then, right after services, we had (our first) congregational meeting, at which we approved two new Elders.  It was an interesting process for us to see and learn about what is involved (as new PCA members).

Of course, football was on all afternoon.  Our neighbor, Jill, came over and surprised us with freshly baked scones!  Hers are SO good!! Enough for breakfast today and tomorrow! Yum!

This week isn't too busy I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, we have the farm Wednesday morning and our Small Group on Wednesday evening.  Thursday the AC/Heating folks come to just check our system and make sure it is running okay (they come twice a year).  That's it and that's enough!

Thanks for making it this far!  Wishing you a great week!

Peace  & hugs!  God bless!!


18 comments:

  1. Quiet weekends are good for us at times. You stil got to see some friends and eat out once so I say that is equally good. Have a great new week and hope you can get your knee surgery scheduled soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the unbusy weekends are indeed healing. Sometimes you just need to do nothing...or at least the minimal. lol I'm glad Joe is feeling well enough for to insist you get your procedure reset and I'll be praying EVERYTHING works out! Have a great week, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiet weekends are nice. I'm glad Joe is feeling better.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "quiet weekend" still sounds like you did a lot, but all good stuff. Praying that Joe's shoulder will continue to heal and that you will soon be able to have that knee surgery and get it over with before summer, Lord willing! Praying it all comes together in God's good timing. Meanwhile, enjoy the quiet weekends ( so to speak! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quiet weekends are always good to me. Now, my hubby likes to go go go. He had to stay in because of the weather. "Bout did him in:) He is off today and things are nicer so he will probably spend it outside all day. I am hoping to get some things done inside. Hoping y'all get some relief soon on the health issues. You will probably be able to help out more if your knee is better so I hope all that works out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you both in prayer...oh I would love to be the proverbial fly on the wall when Joe gives a talking too to the doctors, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it annoying to have all those 'balls in the air' needing resolution -- and there's little you can do about it? Fresh garlic? You've got the BEST neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you can get everything scheduled Terri!! Someone once said you have to retire in order to make it to all your appointments. I am beginning to agree. Oh those scones sound good on a cold morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The joys of getting a tad older.... sure ain't fun all the time but I enjoy the trade of being retired.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Terri - Have a great week. I hope you guys get some answers and solutions for Joe's pain. I hope you can get your surgery rescheduled for a convenient time. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to hear Joe is doing better and you can hopefully get the other knee taken care of. One day at a time, that's the way it goes. Hugs and peace back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love quiet weekends, Terri, but loved having Virginia over this past one - so much fun! Glad Joe is feeling better, and hope you all can get all your medical appointments/needs straightened out soon.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds fantastic - especially the staying home and scones!! YUM!!! I love scones! Good luck on scheduling and completing the knee surgery!!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is that Presbyterian?
    Hope you and Joe get your appointments made.
    Isn't growing old fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sandie. Presbyterian Church of America (more conservative than the Pres. USA).

      Delete
  15. Glad Joe is doing better and I hope your surgery gets scheduled soon. Continued prayers for Joe to feel back to normal.
    We just had new elders installed in our church too - (Undenominational) and Bob was one of them.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to Bob. It is a big responsibility (for you too) and a blessing as well.

      Delete
  16. Glad Joe is feeling better and hope you can get your surgery sorted out quickly.

    ReplyDelete