We went to the farm (Joe's client) on Monday.
My buddies, Doc and Pistol, were happy to see the carrot lady!
They are sharing their pasture with some cattle this week.
Perhaps the cattle are why Pistol was all worked up and decided
to bite my arm while I gave Doc a carrot.
You can see the bottom teeth marks in this photo. He got me good!
Their granddaughter's dog came to visit with me on the patio.
I have been calling him Brodie but found out he is Bodhi.
Whatever, he is adorable and gives good kisses!
Kobe got a treat from me (Bodhi did too).
Our pretty blue skies have not been blue or pretty this past week or so.
We have rain E V E R Y D A Y.
Snapped this photo of the sign at Southside Cleaners.
Always fun and this one does make one think...
NEWS...
We got the results of Joe's echocardiogram on Wednesday. His heart valve has gotten worse, though still a moderate risk. The doctor has scheduled his surgery (for a TAVR) on September 12th. We asked if they could do it after October 8th when I will be able to drive, but he said no. We need to get it done. SO... two weeks after my surgery Joe will have his surgery. We are blessed that our son, Joey, offered to come down for the long weekend, or longer. I told him that takes such a load off my shoulders. So many of our friends have offered transportation but I feel so much better having Joey here to be able to help me if I need assistance during the night OR (God forbid) if we need to get back to the hospital. The surgery will be on a Thursday. He will be in the ICU for all of the next day, and then they can move him to a normal room to (hopefully) be released that afternoon. The doctor said a day or so after that, he can resume normal activity, including being able to drive. I am counting on prayers to cover all of this so thank you to those who have us on your lists.
It is always something, isn't it? BUT...
God is in control of this.
Thanks for your visit today!
Peace & hugs! God bless!!








Praying for your husband's and your health.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Praying for Joe. Please take care of each other. Hoping it doesn't rain too much there. Saw the weather map and it looks like heavy rains. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
ReplyDeleteThanks for your prayers!
DeleteLove your farm pics except your bite. It looks painful.
ReplyDeleteThat is great that Joey can stay to help out. I'm sure you will feel so much better knowing he is there.
Have a nice day!
Praying for both of you Terri. So glad you have your son to help. What a blessing.
ReplyDeleteThose fur babies!! You know they love running out on that farm!
ReplyDeleteWe have matching bruises on our arms ... mine's from my infusion but still - twins ;) LOL
Your bruise hurts worse than mine, I'm sure. :(
DeleteI didn't know horses and cattle could get along.....Prayers coming your way... :)
ReplyDeleteLove that Southside sign. Interesting!
ReplyDeletePraying for you and hubby
Thanks for your prayers!
DeleteThat's great news about Joey being able to stay with you all during the surgery times, Terri! Yes, I'll keep up those prayers for the both of you.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Thanks for your prayers!
DeleteWait wait wait, then hurry hurry hurry -- or so it seems! I'm so glad Joey can come to help during that busy time with the health care needs.
ReplyDeleteThis is another opportunity to watch God at work in your circumstances for His glory and your good. We will keep all of this in our prayers.
Yes!! Thanks always for your prayers!!
DeleteOh my, that is a nasty bruise on your arm. I guess horses can be jealous. The dogs are so cute. I understand why you like going to the farm. Joe and I will be praying for you and your husband with your health problems. God has you in His hands and I am sure it will all turn out fine.
ReplyDeleteOuch!
ReplyDeleteThose pups are adorable! I can't believe I'm saying this, but would you please send some of that rain our direction?
ReplyDeleteYour Joey sounds wonderfully unselfish. Prayers continuing; God's got this!
Wish I could Myra!! We have had more than our share of rain. Joey is a good son. He even had tickets to fly to California for a friend's wedding and wouldn't allow us to tell him no. We are so blessed.
DeleteYes, He is always in control! I'm sorry about Joe's heart, but glad you will be proceeding with taking care of it. Those horses are beautiful and so are the dogs. That is super that your son is coming to help. You are truly blessed.
ReplyDeleteIndeed, I am.
DeleteOuch - that arm looks sore!
ReplyDeleteYou two are going to have quite a Fall, it seems. I'm glad Joe is getting it done though, and I know you have a lot of people who love you and will help. And you have lots of friends (like me) who may not live nearby, but love you and will be praying!
Thank you, Mari!! Your prayers are appreciated!!
DeletePraying for both of you!
ReplyDeleteI know that with both of you having to have surgery, it can feel a tad overwhelming. I have been praying for Joe but thought he was doing better. I saw on the TV last night that they can repair a heart valve in an hour just by going up to the heart through the groin and putting in a stent like thing. The reason I was looking to intently is that I have a problem with a heart valve.....a big problem. It seems that I have calcium deposits that will not let it close properly. Same thing on my kidney. I will be praying for the both of you.
ReplyDelete