Friday, August 2, 2019

Friday Photos...

On this first Friday in August I am sharing some photos 
from this week with you.



On Monday night, some women from our new church met
for dinner at Fish City Grill.  There were 18 or 19 of us
spread out at three tables.

The waitress took this picture but you can only see the
table I was at.  It was a lovely evening and I was happy to
get to meet three new ladies (already knew two). We had great fellowship!

My meal was delicious! Seafood enchiladas with rice and red beans.


I had an entire bed of aloe at our old house.  I have missed
being able to snap off a piece when I get a burn.
When we were at Joey &  Darlene's last month, I asked Dar if
she had any aloe plants (she grows plants for sale).  She
gave us this BIG pot with a very old plant in it. Wow!
She said it never sprouts babies.

Guess what!  I have three new babies coming up!!
I think it likes being in the heat & humidity of Florida.

At the farm on Wednesday, Doc & Pistol headed right for me
to get their carrots. Majesty is in a different pasture.

That Florida sky!

A bird of prey was circling and circling...

Isn't this a gorgeous orchid? I love the color.

The guineas did not seem to mind me being just a few feet away.
Aren't they strange-looking birds?!!


And as for my new hair cut... this is the picture
I showed Teena.  She got the back shaped nicely but
my top and sides need to grow out a whole bunch before
it will look even close to this.  I am hopeful, however!



We had a great lunch with my dear old friend, Judy, and her daughter Brooke.  We ate and visited for nearly two hours.  I do have a picture and will share it on Monday in my Weekend Recap.


Thanks for checking in today!!  Peace & hugs!!  God bless!!


13 comments:

  1. That aloe vera plant is really big. Well done for making it sprout. Lovely photos throughout. Thanx for sharing.

    God bless, Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Florida sky... great sunrises and sunsets...much missed but not the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Florida sky, smiles. I like the haircut/hairdo--I'm just too shy going that short, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look...it will be so pretty and easy to care for with your beautiful curls. I needed an aloe plan two weeks ago as I burned the dickens out of my hand getting something out of the oven. I used Lavender and that worked but aloe would have been better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Terri, aloe plants thrive in more tropical climates. Glad to see the babies! Sounds like that lunch with the church ladies was a fun time, too. Isn't it great to be able to fellowship outside of church?
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seafood enchiladas? Your plate looks lovely, but I'm trying to wrap my mind around the concept. (LOL!) I'm LOVING that cut; and, in fact, I'm going to show this to my hairdresser later this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you would look great in that haircut. Not so sure about seafood enchiladas tho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That hair cut looks so cool!!!! Perfect for summer.
    Mexican food -my go to favorite!
    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE hairstyle!!! Are you blessed with natural curl or will a perm be required?

    So glad you could enjoy a dinner out with the church gals. Looks like you have a good group there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natural curls (and frizz). Hasn't always felt like a blessing though!

      Delete
  10. So happy that you have a nice group of ladies to fellowship with! That is so wonderful. Seafood enchiladas sounds interesting. Wondering what the seafood part was...I made enchiladas last night for supper, but with ground beef, tomatoes, cheese, and black beans on the side. It was good. I love the hairstyle. It should look great on you when you are able to grow out the top and side like you want. Looks like it would be easy to keep. Mine is a bit shorter right now too. Had to do something with the different water we have here. Still adapting. Then we will move to a different house with different water again...so we shall see what develops. Loved your sky pictures and always the farm. the aloe looks happy with you. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you are having such a good time with your new church.
    That is a big aloe plant, and how cool that it's growing babies.
    Really cute haircut - hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those enchiladas look so yummy! I am happy that your Aloe is doing so well. A friend of mine gave me a Chocolate Soldier plant a few weeks ago. It looked like it was going to die, but I water it and talk to it and now it is blooming. I am glad that you are having a good time at your new church. Having a good church means everything.

    ReplyDelete