1. With the holidays coming, what is your most essential appliance to help you prepare for the celebrations? I have a roaster that I only use for the Thanksgiving turkey. I love it and have so many memories of big family holiday dinners with three roasters going in my grandma's kitchen. Saves the oven for casseroles! Our Italian neighbors use theirs to make spaghetti sauce. I may have to give that a try with plenty left over to freeze or can. Using it more than once a year would make storing it in the pantry more sensible.
2. What is your favorite (clean) word? Blessed. I say that a lot.
3. Are you a good judge of character? I like to think I am.
4. What is the last thing you took a picture of? I posted it already. The Publix birthday cake water tower. Can you share it with us? Here it is. Done in 1982 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Publix. It was founded and is still headquartered in Lakeland.
5. Tomorrow, November 15, is Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day. How do you intend to celebrate? I doubt that I will celebrate that at all. I do try to keep our refrigerator cleaned out and we don't store leftovers for more than a day or so.
6. Tell us something random about your week! I wrote my Thanksgiving dinner menu out yesterday so I can decide what I need to buy. I don't have a turkey yet because the big sales will be next week. There are only five of us for dinner this year so I won't be buying a 20 lb. bird. I do like leftovers and will send some leftovers home with our guests, so I'll be shopping for 15-16 pounds. Do you have your turkey yet? Are you cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year?
Thanks for your visit today! If you are joining in on the Medley, please share your link below so we can all visit!
Peace & hugs!! God bless!!



Oddly enough, I've never had one of those big roasters. They do seem handy. We do have a second oven, and i guess i also use my Crockpots. We don't have Publix up here but i remember seeing them in Florida. I like the water tower. Have fun preparing for your Thanksgiving dinner. Do you brine your turkey? Thanks for the questions, Terri.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry I forgot all about the Wednesday Medley. Maybe I will do it tomorrow instead. I have never made a Thanksgiving dinner. I am always out that day. It might be fun to do it some year. Thanks for the reminder to clean out my fridge. It really needs it.
ReplyDeleteWhoops. I just realized that I commented on yesterday's blog post instead of todays.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for another round of fun questions, Terri. Thanks also for helping me to remember what day it is. After Hodgepodge ended I was lost. Enjoy your week.
ReplyDeleteWe will have our Thanksgiving dinner on Friday, when my brother and his family from NC will all be here, along with my sister and all her family. We wish my brother Russell could come too, but he said his Dr. won't let him travel yet. I think I need one of those turkey roasters to cook my turkey so the oven will be free. Good idea. I may just go get one today!!! Love that Publix cake tower. Is it still there? That is amazing. Have a blessed and glorious week.
ReplyDeleteThat is a very nice roaster, Terri and I bet your dinner will be delicious and with lots of good conversation and laughter at your table. We have so much to be thankful for. I am not cooking the turkey, but I have solved the gravy situation. Blessings to you and thanks for the fun questions. That cake on the water tower is cool!
ReplyDeleteMy husband's family uses roasters for everything and between his 4 remaining sisters there are probably at least 5 roasters. My family has never used them so I never got into that habit, but I do think of it every now and then...I'm thinking of it more since you pointed out the oven would be free to cook other things. Not that I'm doing the Thanksgiving cooking. LOL
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed and beautiful day!
We go to MIL's for Thanksgiving. Nice for me. I don't have to cook, clean up or wash dishes.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
We'll have 9 for our Thanksgiving and I got a smoked turkey breast and a small smoked ham. Didn't want to have to deal with a full turkey. Enjoyable questions today Terri!
ReplyDeleteWe are going to Savannah for Thanksgiving so my sis in law is in charge of the bird. I am taking dessert and appetizers. Things that are easy to tote in the car! If we are home we usually get a smoked Turkey breast from one of the many bbq places here in Decatur and they are very tasty too.
ReplyDeleteOh, my Tom would love one of those roasters. Good to know about the spaghetti sauce, too! (He claims to be 100 Polish, but I suspect there's some Italian in there, the way he loves his sauce!)
ReplyDeleteI think we've decided to go with ordering a Cajun Fried Turkey from our fav BBQ joint and Tom can still prepare his own stuffing.
Funny you should mention the big roaster...I have decided to cook my turkey (either 2 small or 1 large) in one this year. I plan to borrow one from the church. I think they are great...just have never had enough room to store one. I will be getting my turkey(s) on Friday and will also cook a spiral sliced ham in my slow cooker. The rest will be traditional fare...and I look forward to the leftovers even more than the actual meal itself. Thanks for the great questions this week, Terri!
ReplyDeleteFinally got to participate today! It's fun to be back in the Wednesday random : )
ReplyDeleteHello Terri, I've yet to use my roaster for a turkey. I should keep that in mind since I've gone from a double oven to a single oven now. We had an early Thanksgiving but will still cook a turkey the day after official Thanksgiving trying the deep fry method. Hope the rest of your week goes well.
ReplyDeleteI love my roaster too! I cannot imagine that much sauce in one though! ha.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the questions!
Thanks for hosting, Terri!
ReplyDeleteI've never had one of those roasters either, though a friend of mine does and uses them a LOT. My aunt had one and often used it for baked beans.
No, I don't have a turkey yet. Probably tomorrow, as our market has them already on sale for 39¢ per pound! Not sure yet what we are doing for Thanksgiving, but with a price like that I will buy a turkey and cook it, no matter what we do.
We do have a turkey, actually, two of them. Bought two 24 lbs birds for 59 cents a pound. Nice post, if I can remember, I'll post it Friday sonetime, smiles.😊
ReplyDeleteYou know in my house - turkey free :) But nice you send leftovers home with your guests
ReplyDeleteThat roaster sounds like a lifesaver, Terri, especially at Thanksgiving. Hope your holidays are splendid!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
That roaster is a good idea when the oven is already busy.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Hi Terri! We usually go to my mom's and also my husband's parents house for holidays. I typically make pies for my mom's house to help her not have to make so many things. There was a stretch of time where the holidays were at our house every year. My mom was sick. I enjoy doing the cooking, but I mean, everyone enjoys cooking for the holidays. Loved your answers! Enjoy the rest of your week.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I have a roaster like that. I'm thinking of using it to cook two turkey breast rolls. My sister is bringing the turkey but we need more than one, so we thought this was a good way to do it.
ReplyDelete