Saturday, July 21, 2018

The Saturday 9 is all about Gidget!

Gidget

The Theme from Gidget 

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme. 
 
Saturday 9: Gidget (1965)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. 
1) Gidget was a sitcom that ran only one season. Have you ever seen it?  I LOVED Gidget!!


2) Gidget is a high school student who is more interested in surfing and boys than in the books. When you were Gidget's age, was your top priority for getting good grades? Or were you more involved in the social side of student life?  I think I lived a good mix of those two. I was an honor student but had lots of fun too.


3) Gidget's father was nearly always unflappable when it came to his daughter's high-spirited shenanigans. Who is the coolest, calmest person you know?  I have to say it was my brother (who died 15 years ago).  He was cool, calm, conservative, and a true believer in Jesus Christ.

4) Gidget spends as much time as she can at the beach, hanging out with her best friend Larue. Fair-skinned Larue doesn't share Gidget's passion for surfing and prefers to stay on the beach blanket, wearing a floppy hat that protects her from the sun. Are you a sun worshipper?  No!  Or, like Larue, are you careful about your exposure to the sun?  I burn in about 10 minutes without sunscreen.  I don't lay in the sun to get tan.
 
5) Gidget, the quintessential California girl, was created by Freidrich Kohner, an Austrian-born screenwriter. Can you think of another Austrian import?  Vienna Sausage?  LOL

 
6) Howard Greenfield and Jack Keller wrote this week's Gidget theme. They also wrote the 1960 hit song, "Everybody's Somebody's Fool." When is the last time you felt foolish?  Not a week goes by when I don't feel foolish for something I've said or done or thought.

 
7) This is the show that introduced Sally Field. She went on to win two Oscars and four Emmy Awards. When you think of Sally, what role comes to mind?  I love Sally Field.  Other than Gidget and The Flying Nun, she was amazing in Forest Gump, Norma Rae, Steel Magnolias, Murphy's Romance, and Sybil. 


8) Today Gidget is a grandmother. Sally reports that her grandchildren especially enjoy "sleepovers at Granny's." Where were you the last time you spent the night away from home?  When we went to St. Pete Beach with family last month.

9) Random question -
- Describe your perfect lazy afternoon.  Sitting in my recliner with a good book and/or a good show on TV.  I am blessed to have lots of lazy afternoons these days!
  


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks for visiting my Saturday 9 today!  You can join in HERE!!  Wishing you a good weekend!  Peace & hugs!




10 comments:

  1. I always enjoyed Gidget too and Sally Field in whatever she starred in. It was a decent show, of which there are few and far between these days. Hope you have a good Saturday. We are having storms so it will be an indoor day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember watching that (the reruns that is, lol). Ha on the foolish part...yep, not a day goes by and I think, "Huh?" smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember watching Gidget reruns, probably in the late 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never saw Gidget. I knew who she was but never saw the show or movies.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I barely remember Gidget but I loved The Flying Nun! And I absolutely adore Sally Field as Malynn in Steel Magnolias. Always fun to walk down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always loved Gidget! I got a good laugh from your Vienna Sausage!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Arlene, I can't really recall Gidget … but rarely missed an episode of The Flying Nun. Your answer to #6 sure makes me smile and nod. Solo or accompanying others, I enjoy laughing at my own uh-oh's.

    PS - We've some of those Austrian imports in our cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like we were very similar kinds of students in high school. Unfortunately, I went completely to the social side in college. It seems a lot of us included a good book in our perfect lazy afternoon. :) Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hadn't thought about this show in years! Don't think I was allowed to watch much of it though, as I would have only been 10 at the time. Have I mentioned the strictness of my mother when it came to TV watching? Lol!
    Blessings, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My folks didn't let me watch Gidget, so I know very little about the TV series. I guess they were afraid I'd be like her??? I dunno.

    Like you, I get to spend a little more time in my recliner these days and I love it.

    And like you, I feel foolish a fare amount of the time! (I try to learn from the experiences)

    ReplyDelete