Friday, July 6, 2018

Friday Foto Friends...

Friday means it's time to link up with Deb, at Breathing In Grace, for her Friday Foto Friends!  Thanks, Deb for hosting us!!  Visit Debbie HERE and join in!


Fridays roll around and I never seem to have any really interesting photos to share. I shared photos from our 4th of July in yesterday's blog.

Yesterday was Joe's first appointment with the physical therapist.  It went very well and I was allowed to go back with him.  The therapist did a thorough exam and has determined that his pain is NOT his hip or knee, but is rather radiating from the herniated disks in his back.  She gave him some stretching exercises to do at home and will see him twice a week for the rest of this month. He will begin each session with water therapy. They have a heated pool that has a treadmill in it! There are underwater cameras so the therapist can see how he is walking and moving under water. Pretty cool stuff!  He is happy and believes she is right in her diagnosis.  He is going to cancel the invasive injection that is scheduled for July 30th since his problem is not his hip.  If the therapy doesn't ease his pain, we will see a spine specialist. Praise God we are (hopefully) on the right track!

After his appointment, we had to get to his client's for our weekly visit.  Farm photos seem to be all I share with you on Fridays, but they are really all I have. I'm only sharing this one, mainly because of the beautiful sky!  Much different from last weeks wicked stormy thing!  You can see part of the herd of cattle in the distance (click to enlarge).


After the farm, we were hungry.  We stopped at our favorite pizza/Italian place on the way home and got a pizza for our supper.  I ordered a medium and they handed me a large with an apology for making it too big. Got it for the medium price. We have supper for tonight now too!! There is nothing wrong with leftover pizza! The place was empty at 4:00. I've never been there when it was empty of customers!  I took the photo from the seating area. There are at least a dozen tables.


These next two are not taken by me but I am happy to share them with you!


Our beautiful great-niece, Maya, sent to me by our niece, Nikki.
Adorable!


This is our grandson, Tristan (red shirt) and his best buddy, Brett. Tristan's mom took the photo of them in New Orleans last week, at the WWII Museum.  The boys loved it and spent most of one day and part of the next going through the exhibits.  Tristan went right from university (SMU in Dallas) to a paid internship with Lockheed Martin, so hasn't been home yet this summer. Kathy and Brett met him in New Orleans for a quick little vacation get-away.  Tristan says he loves what he is doing at Lockheed Martin and that makes us happy.  He will be a senior next year and will be job hunting!



So, that's what I have for you today! Thanks for popping in!! Happy weekend!  Peace & hugs.



19 comments:

  1. Your little great niece is beautiful, and it is hard to believe Tristan is going to be a Sr. in college...time flies doesnt it? So glad Joe got a good therapist and praying it helps tremendously. Water therapy is the best! Have a good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news for Joe. I do hope the water therapy helps and he will start feeling really good. Your little grand-niece is adorable, and the boys are so handsome and fun. Love the farm, and an empty pizza place? Everyone must be having BBQ this week! LOL> Have a blessed and happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully the therapy will help Joe. The pool with the treadmill sounds interesting.

    Yay on getting a lrg pizza for med price. That;s a nice mistake.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad for some answers for Joe!! Marvin worked for Lockheed at one point on his career! Great company! Enjoy your pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word... that baby! How CUTE is she!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found that the P.T. knew a whole lot more than the Docs and much more helpful. Solved my back issue and if I remain faithful to my execercise have no problem. Sounds like you are on the right track... have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you have a good physical therapist. They do wonders. I am now having severe pain from my spine down my leg thru my hip and into my knee. Its awful. So I do pray for your husband since I know what pain is like!
    I love your farm photos and look forward to them.
    Nope, nothing wrong with left over pizza ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Terri! I'm so happy to learn of Joe's PT experience. Maybe all those awful injections were for naught? That underwater treadmill sounds amazing. I'd sure be more inclined to exercise if something like that was offered to Joe Q. Public!

    Maya is adorable, indeed. Such a happy soul!

    PS - My former boss is a manager at one of New Orleans' TV stations and does lots of work with the WWII museum and re-enactments. If Tristan's interested I can give you Frank's contact info.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully the therapy will help him, Terri. And I love the landscape photo. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leftover pizza is my favorite. : )
    Have a cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pizza is one of my favorite foods, Terri. Danny makes an excellent homemade one. And your little great-niece is such a cutie!
    Blessings, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your great niece is adorable! Hope you had a great 4th

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's wonderful that the therapist was able to pinpoint the problem and he can avoid that injection. I didn't have any photos today to speak of and had some other things that needed to be done. Your great niece is a doll. And congratulations to Tristan on that internship. Ahhh, pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your great niece is such a cutie patootie! congrats on the scholarship to Tristan!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Still praying for your good health and your husband's.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet little girl!! And yea for Tristan getting that internship!

    I pray that Joe will get relief from pain with this new therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. PT can be very helpful and I hope it works for Joe.
    Maya is adorable. Our son works for Lockheed Martin on military Apache helicopters.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That baby girl is adorable! And you know how much I love sky fotos. So glad that Mr. Joe won't be needing that injection. Prayers that the therapy will relieve his pain! Happy Saturday! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lockheed Martin put food on our table for 18+ years. Good company. I'm glad Tristan has this opportunity with them.

    An underwater treadmill! That's amazing. I'm so glad the physical therapy gave Joe answers he needed and feels he can deal with.

    ReplyDelete