Monday, October 24, 2016
Monday's Weekend Recap....
Our Central Florida weather has been PERFECT this weekend. Chilly enough for a sweater in the morning (I even wore a jacket to church yesterday morning) and only in the mid-70s in the afternoons. It is the weather we delight in after our hot and humid summers. The air conditioner is off and the doors and windows are open. Ahhhhhhhhhh.......
My weekend started on Friday afternoon! I mentioned last week that I was having lunch with my girlfriends, Shirley, Melody and Cindee. I was caught up at work, so decided to take the afternoon off so I could enjoy more than just an hour for lunch. We hadn't seen Melody for months because she has been going through chemo and radiation for throat cancer (and lives 2 1/2 hours away now). She looks great and was excited that she found a very natural looking wig to wear. She is gaining weight and is feeling good. She is cancer-free now and doesn't have to have a check up for six months. Praise God!
Cindee has also had some health problems that I've mentioned. She has Parkinson's Disease and had a pacemaker inserted, which required brain surgery to 'install' the electrodes. She lost her hair by razor and it is just now starting to grow in back in. This photo isn't really a good one of Cindee and Melody, but it's the one I took at Olive Garden...
Shirley just turned 80 years old in last month and was sad that they had to have their dog put down. Babe was 18 years old!! So we had celebrations and we also had to share Shirley's sadness. I was just happy to be with my friends and to listen to their stories. They were with me through my thyroid cancer 10 years ago.
Saturday Joe and I didn't go anywhere and we didn't even get out of our PJs....both of us were Saturday Slugs. We decided to not even get dressed for church. We watched the movie Hocus Pocus. Such a fun Halloween story. We are also marathon watching Chicago Med from the first season.
We did get up early Sunday and went to 8:00 a.m. Mass. After that, we popped into IHOP for some breakfast and then to Walmart for a few things. The Walmart we frequent is in the same parking lot as IHOP so it was an easy errand. From there, we went to Sam's Club to gas up my car and for some other things we always get at Sam's. Notice the beautiful blue Florida sky!
At home, I got the laundry started and Joe watched Red Zone so he could keep up with his Eagles football game (they won!), then we watched Hillary's America. Eye opening and frightening.
Back to work and it will be a short week for me since I have Friday off. I have an eye doctor appointment and my eyes will be dilated. We are also going down to Naples for the weekend and some extra time at home will be good. We haven't seen Kathy and Jim's new condo so we are excited to see them and their new digs. (For those who may not know, Kathy is the mother of our grandchildren and Jim is their step-dad. We are blessed to have a very good relationship with them!)
So on with the week! Thanks for your visit! Peace & hugs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Love those short weeks! So glad you had a good visit with your friends, and p.j.'s all day I love! Happy Monday.
ReplyDeleteHurray for long lunches Terri!! You have mentioned downsizing and moving. Would you stay in the same area? I hate to admit that I have almost enough STUFF here to furnish two houses. But that saves a bit of money on decorating the Little House.
ReplyDeleteWe wouldn't leave Lakeland, Arlene. We absolutely love it here. Since this is Florida, there are lots of 55+ communities from which to choose. We've zeroed in on a couple we like, but so far we are just surfing the internet.
DeleteI had a all day pj day on Saturday. I was busy and by the time I stopped it was 3pm. No point in getting dressed then. lol
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Sluggish Saturdays are good for the soul sometimes. And Friday afternoons with friends are refreshing because there's no rush to get back to work. I'm so glad to read that your friend is cancer free now. That is the best news. You and Joe run your errands the way we do. Enjoy your short work week and the visit this weekend.
ReplyDeleteAlways enjoy your recaps. You've got great friends because you are one!
ReplyDeleteLOL-ing at your sweater graphic! (That's so ME whenever it's cool enough to put on my hoodie.)
ReplyDeleteIt's been a very long time, but gal-friends' lunches are the best. Yay for reasons to celebrate improving health; and even when there's sadness, it's shared.
It was great catching up with you. We enjoyed the coolness of the weekend, too :) I'm glad you were able to enjoy an 'extended' lunch with your friends :)
ReplyDeleteKathy (Reflections)
Y'all had another happy weekend. I like being a Saturday Slug now and then. I think it's good for one. Blessings ~:)
ReplyDelete{{grinning}} thanks for the smiles, Terri...have a beautiful week.
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to have a lazy day now and then! Glad you had such a nice weekend and a short week ahead.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading about how your friends stick together and support each other through the many seasons of life, including the events of aging and illness. Friendships are such a blessing.
ReplyDelete