Tubular Bells
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Tubular Bells (1973)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) According to Reader's Digest, The Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time. Have you seen it, and if so, did it scare you? I've seen it a couple of times and it still makes me gasp and get goosebumps in a few places.
2) The Exorcist has been made into a TV series on Fox, premiering last month. Have you become a fan of any of the season's new shows? We are enjoying "Bull". Didn't catch The Exorcist so may have to backtrack it.
3) "Tubular Bells" is a popular ringtone for both Android and iPhone. What's your ringtone? I have the Godfather theme song for Joe and just an old fashioned phone ringing sound for any other calls.
4) As Halloween approaches, do you watch more scary shows and movies? Not really. The only time we do 'theme watching' is at Christmas time.
5) Do you have any recurring nightmares? Nope, not that I remember.
6) Have you carved a jack o' lantern this year? No. We don't decorate for Halloween and we don't hand out candy.
7) Do you like the taste of pumpkin seeds? Not especially.
8) What will the trick or treaters who knock on your door get? Not a thing.
9) A Halloween "let's pretend:" Back in the 1950s, a home in your neighborhood was the site of a gruesome murder/suicide. Relatives retained ownership of the house but declined to live there. During the ensuing decades, a legend grew: The tragic couple haunts the halls. Generations of schoolchildren insist they heard strange sounds and saw curtains often move mysteriously. Now the house is about to be demolished. A local charity is raising money by sponsoring a Halloween sleepover. Would you be willing to stay in this haunted house over night? Sure. It could be fun, especially if I had some of those detectors they use to find the spirits! LOL What did the cowardly lion say...."I DO believe, I DO believe, I DO believe...."
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
Thanks for your visit today! Your prayers for safe travel are requested and much appreciated as we begin our journey north for a few days. Peace & hugs.



Fun meme. Y'all be safe traveling, Terri.
ReplyDeleteIf The Exorcist still makes you gasp and my Bible teacher says seeing it back in the 70s is what brought her to become a Christian...there is no way horror wimp me is ever going to watch it!
ReplyDeleteHave a safe trip
ReplyDeleteI havent seen the Exorcist and wont. I do not like to be scared so I lean toward happy/funny movies. I do pray for safe travels to and from.
ReplyDeleteI like Bull, too. But I keep thinking, "Look! Tony DiNozzo's got a cool new job! I wonder who's taking care of his little girl ..."
ReplyDeleteI hadn't thought of The Exorcist -- and the lines at the box office -- in years! Perhaps because I read the book, the movie didn't especially frighten me. What seemed far more plausible was The Omen. (Again, the book v. the movie.)
ReplyDeleteAmid the hustle, thanks for taking the time to post today!
I remember seeing the Exorcist. Not nearly as terrifying as, DELIVERANCE. LOL I keep forgetting about, BULL. And it's not on Hulu. I've seen it twice and I like it. The trick-or-treaters will get candy here. IF I don't eat the rest of before Monday. There's a 50/50 chance I'll have to go to the store for more. Ok, 90/10. LOL
ReplyDelete