1. I read here four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Truthfully, none of them appeal to me right now. Will you add it to your August? If you lived close enough, you could certainly join the Museum's letter writing workshop and/or the calligraphy class. We are offering them for adults this fall! We offer some great classes....
Beginning or Intermediate Photography
with
|
|
|
Realistic Colored Pencil Portaiture
with
Christopher Roll
For Details...
|
|
|
2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, 'To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.' Agree or disagree? I think I can agree with that. Explain. If you have everything you want, what is left to work for or dream about? Having a goal to pursue makes me happy.
3. August 17th is National Thriftshop Day...are you a 'thrifter'? Indeed! If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds. I love to look through thrift shops for household items. I rarely find clothing, since I am a plus TALL size so I don't even shop the racks, but I sure do look at furniture and accessories and items to repurpose. I think some Corelle dishes were my last find.
4. On a scale of 1-10 (with 1= almost none and 10=loads) how would you rate your sense of wanderlust? Probably a four. What kicks your wanderlust into high gear? I think I will be looking for places to travel once I retire. Kinda hard to pick up and wander when you have to work five days a week. Did I use that R word again?!
5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? A marathon. How so? Going, going, and going some more. Even our beach vacation was too busy.
6. What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives? Cleaning out some more drawers, closets and cupboards!
7. What's the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time? I wasn't watching the clock at all with our kiddos here last weekend.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Just a random tidbit...our teacher Rick Olivo (listed above) is Karen Olivo's dad. She won a Tony on Broadway for her role as Anita in West Side Story. We're kind of proud that she is from Lakeland. Rick is a great teacher. The kids especially love him.
Thanks for your visit!! Peace & hugs!
First time joining and visiting! It's so fun! I agree, when you aren't working, it's easier to have that desire to travel! Oh and I need to clean out closets and cupboards!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat answers and an interesting tidbit about Karen Olivo and West Side Story! Have a blessed day!
ReplyDeleteTerri, I have been cleaning and tossing and putting aside some things to take to the little house when it is completed. Really I had so many things that I can furnish two houses except for the large furniture pieces.
ReplyDeleteArlene, I'm sure we could too. Ridiculous really.
DeleteI need to start Thrifting again. I haven't been in a long time. Even my hubby liked going.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day!
Enjoyed your Hodgepodge, Terri, always so, smiles---hmm on the "R" word, GIGGLING.
ReplyDeleteWow, you've got a lot of interesting subjects on offer this fall. I think encaustic painting and special effects makeup would be two especially interesting ones. Yes, Terri, there is a special compartment in your brain with a big R on it, and there you can store away all the ideas for fun and rewarding things to do beginning next (or summer). :-) That really is a great thing to look forward to. I can relate to your comment about the kids. We have a grandson with us this week and I'm enjoying every minute!
ReplyDeleteOh, I want to take the calligraphy class. Wish it was an on-line class, or is it? Would that even be possible? Our daughter has the most creative handwriting....she does gorgeous chalkboards. I have zero talent in that department, though. Such interesting classes offered at the museum.
ReplyDeleteNo Deb, we don't offer them online. Sorry!
DeleteIf you get those drawers, closets, and cupboards cleaned out, come on down, I'll let you help with mine :)
ReplyDeleteI think you're going to love retirement. We sure do!
Kathy (Reflections)
Wow, y'all really are offering some great classes! There are several I'd be interested in if I lived closer. :) I'm still working on the nursery for Marcy. It's a sprinted marathon for sure. LOL
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your answers.
ReplyDeleteNot much wanderlust for me, I’m very much a homebody. Living in the country has only exacerbated that trait. I do like to go on Zillow, though, and skim through houses for sale just for fun. I probably should have been a Real Estate Agent. It would be fun to help people find their Dream Home.
No marathons here. Too hot. Just lazy, hazy days of summer, lookin' towards Fall when riding becomes enjoyable again.
The only "R" around here is Riding! Yipee! ~:)
Many interesting things to look at today in your answers. The special effects makeup is quite intriguing. Strange how they do that. I have the feeling we won't be able to keep up with you when you retire. I have enjoyed being more flexible about traveling since retirement, but I think we traveled more when we were working.
ReplyDeleteI need to do a lot of work around here in those drawers and closets, too.
When my oldest girl is in town, I lose all track of time, too...and that's a GOOD thing! Have a super day, Terri!
ReplyDeleteMost all art museums offer classes like these! Check out one that is close to you and sign up!
ReplyDeleteIt's fall on your blog : ) I'd love to live close enough to take one of the photography classes. I've set my good camera aside recently as all my hobby time is devoted to the house. I'd prefer calligraphy and photography, but hopefully this fall I can pick it back up.
ReplyDeleteUntil my old sciatica acted up, I was cleaning out drawers and closets like a banshee! I throw away. Jim does not. I have to sneak and clean and throw when he isnt aware...lol I know you will be so happy when you retire...it is another world altogether. Happy Wednesday my friend.
ReplyDeleteWe have the same thoughts on #2. I'm glad that you had a fun time with your family. Too bad we aren't closer. I know my girls would love that Special Effects Makeup class. There is a picture of our youngest daughter with a butchered face showing off her skill at special effects makeup on David's blog. It is one of his August Happiness Challenge posts. You should check it out. Our daughters have fun being gross. :)
ReplyDeleteI've been on a decluttering mission, too. You'll probably get there far ahead of me! Have fun. :)
West Side Story was one of my favorite things to watch each year when I was a kid.
Have a blessed day!
Our girls are really into the special effects and the whole make up thing. Our youngest made me up as a woman while I was in the hospital and took me for a ride in my wheelchair. The staff got a kick out of it.
ReplyDeleteNo wonder you're so proud to work where you do! I'm all about Adult-themed special interest classes. They probably exist out here ... I've just been too preoccupied to investigate.
ReplyDeleteYour classes look very interesting. If I lived nearby, I would take some!
ReplyDeleteHello! Our VBS traditionally happens at the end of the six week camping season at the Christian camp where our kids attend. It is a lot of work but we always have people step up and pitch in to help either with prep work or during the actual event. Thanks for your comments and your visit.
ReplyDeleteThat "Art of Letterwriting" class looks interesting. It's fast becoming a lost art!!
ReplyDelete