Well, we made it through Monday. At work, I have been cleaning out and boxing up old files for storage until they can be shredded. We have a document destruction policy that we follow. Some things can go in three years, some in seven, and some never. I have to make sure the boxes are labeled correctly with contents and destruction dates. I am also tossing a whole bunch of stuff that does not need to be retained and I have no idea why I let files get so full of garbage!! Still sensitive and for the shredding truck, but definitely does not need to be kept on file. Whew!!
Left over chili and cornbread for dinner last night was yummy. Chili always tastes better the second day, and it was pretty good on Sunday (if I do say so myself)! I need to post the cornbread recipe for you. It is the best I have ever had and comes from my Church Women's cookbook from probably 12-15 years ago. I use it all the time.
I was so sad to hear about the death of Gene Wilder. Those of us who remember the BEST Saturday Night Live years, with Gilda Radner, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Lorraine Newman, (et al) will remember how horrible it was when we lost Gilda to cancer. Hard to believe Gene was 83. Good golly where do the years go? He started Gilda's Clubs, which are all over the U.S. now. "No One Faces Cancer Alone."
Of course, I hadn't planned on that being a 'tidbit' so will tell you about the one that I did have planned. I've posted about the Museum's Mayfaire art festival each year. Joe and I used to always buy at least one piece of art at Mayfaire and called it MY Mother's Day gift and OUR anniversary gift to ourselves. We have pottery, lamps, knives, lots of artwork and the piece that gets the most comments from our guests is this one that hangs in the guest bathroom.
When we bought it, I asked the artist if he would pose with it for a picture and he was happy to. You can click on the picture to enlarge it for a better look at the bathroom art. LOL
I am happy to profile him here and wish we would see him back at Mayfaire some year!
Here is a link: Dr. Kenneth Dames
....and some information: Dr. Kenneth Dames is a New York State licensed doctor of clinical psychology and an artist of 25 years. After leaving New York City’s School of Visual Arts, Ken continued to develop his art while living in the Dominican Republic. There his drawings gained national artistic recognition when he became the first foreigner to win the prestigious Philip Morris Corporation National Art Contest. Ken’s art remains a permanent part of the Corporation’s National Cultural Center and Museum of the Dominican Republic.
That's all I have for you today. I appreciate your visit and love it when you comment! Wishing you a good evening and lots of peace & hugs.



We loved Gene Wilder as well. He and Gilda made such a cute couple!! Left over chili is Better the second day!!
ReplyDeleteMmmm chili and cornbread. Please share your recipes with us when you get time.
ReplyDeleteThat art is cool.
RIP Gene
The piece of art is perfect for your bathroom and the artist did a great job. So nice to have his picture too! Chili and cornbread...never thought of the two together, but will have to give it a try...when it cools off a little. Happy Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteahh - I love you got a picture of the art with the artist. That's super cool.
ReplyDeleteSo sad about Gene Wilder. But what a life he lived.
I really like what Gene Wilder did with his grief to help others with their pain. The bathroom art is good, but I wonder why none of the posers were reading a book? My bathrooms all have plenty of reading material. Yum. Chili and cornbread will be coming up soon on the menu at my house.
ReplyDeleteThat bathroom art is a hoot!
ReplyDeleteIt's sobering, indeed, to realize how many 'fixtures' of our generation have been called home this year.
PS - I look forward to your recipes as well!
I had to laugh at the bathroom art especially at the third man. Our oldest grandson has to strip naked to use the potty! I know that's probably TMI! Hahaha I was saddened to hear about Gene Wilder, too. So very sad to lose anyone to the dreadful disease of Alzheimer's. And you are right those, were the best years of Saturday Night Live. Sorry I missed this post yesterday. Since Jack has gone back to work I am working myself to death in the house! Lots of things I put off because he was under foot. Hope you have an awesome Wednesday.
ReplyDelete